What do you REALISTICALLY hope to see this Saturday?

Going to be satisfying to finally see our lines actually dominate against a good team this week.

Give Oregon Tennessee's typical schedule, there would be more tears than rain falling in Eugene.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes, caliber of Tennessee. We play the hardest schedule in the toughest conference in the country. If you put Tennessee in the PAC suck for a year we lose to Oregon and Stanford and MAYBE UCLA. We beat everyone else and you know it.

You've already lost pac games you shouldn't have but all of a sudden you only lose a couple in a whole season. Let's stick to reality please.

jelly? hashtag realtalk?

looks like we got a 12 year old that's been a fan since chip kelly came on board.

No offense to several of the knowledgeable, classy duck fans that we have on this board, and I expect things may be different outside of the city, but PDuck is, unfortunately, typical of the breed here in Portland. Bandwagon jumper, never attended U of O and couldn't make the entrance requirements if he tried, has been watching college football for all of 3 years now and thinks he's an expert. I have to hear this crap all season, and it's why I dislike the U of O and the PAC12 in general. Snot nosed hipster kids watching football....LOLOLOLOL..........

Reactions: 4 people
I hope to a reality check on this board. Some of you are setting yourselves up for a major letdown.

Everyone on this thread, at least, is hoping to keep it within 21 or so... if you're thinking it's going to be much worse than that, it's probably going to be a letdown on the other side of the ball (I certainly hope, anyway).

My take on this:

No way we have the speed on D to stop them. I'd like to see Jancek accept this fact and we keep the plays in front of us. At this stage in the program, a loss to #2 is nothing to be ashamed of... but providing UO a highlight reel a la Arkansas in 2011 is.

On offense, if Worley can dig deep and hit his receivers, we can probably keep it within 1 or 2 scores. But I'm not sure that happens. Their D line is athletic but small (not sure of the player stats, but I saw them in person two weeks ago and they look light to my SEC eyes), I like our run game against them.

The only difference maker that gives us any hope (slim, slim hope) is the way we are being overlooked up here. We will be the biggest challenge they've seen by a pretty big margin, but listening to the radio and other fans we're no more of a road block than Nichols State. If that gets in the player's heads and we may get a fast start.... unfortunately, they obviously can score rapidly, so a fast start will still require a lot of work to finish.

So realistically, I'm predicting 27-41.

Reactions: 1 person
Not yet you mean. Our chances have just begun.

You'd love to be us right now.

Gimmicky? Aren't you on your way to trying to play like us? Glass houses.

No, we play in a real football conference. Being like you would only help us if we moved to the Pac10, WAC, Big 12, etc.

Ouchy......ones? Been in one title game. Winning record in the BCS. You just jelly....

We also played in 1 title game... but we WON. oh yeah, we have 6 titles in all... 6 more than Oregon..

But that's beside the point, fowl. Here's a little truth for you. People here in TN have been passionate about our Vols since way before you even entertained the notion of having a football program. We will continue that passion long after your program is relevant. We have more fans than you even now, at our historical low and your historical peak.

801 program wins. You're not even sniffing that. We play Alabama, FL, GA, SC year in and year out, while rotating in LSU, Arky, Auburn, and now aTm. Our stadium fills up with almost TWICE as many fans as yours.

But above all, TN fans are true fans and not just bandwaggoners like 70% of Oregon "fans."
You will win the game Saturday, Duck. But you will be no closer to becoming what we are or obtaining what we have.

I would not trade my Vols or my Orange family for anything. We're lightning in the skillet, you're a flash in the pan

Reactions: 24 people
No offense to several of the knowledgeable, classy duck fans that we have on this board, and I expect things may be different outside of the city, but PDuck is, unfortunately, typical of the breed here in Portland. Bandwagon jumper, never attended U of O and couldn't make the entrance requirements if he tried, has been watching college football for all of 3 years now and thinks he's an expert. I have to hear this crap all season, and it's why I dislike the U of O and the PAC12 in general. Snot nosed hipster kids watching football....LOLOLOLOL..........

ASSumptions.

Being called a hipster, actually offends me. Lol

I'm a forging, hunting, fishing, backpacking, meat eating, mountaineer, who has a degree from a long time ago.

Do hipsters even watch football? Wouldn't know being on my acreage out in the country.

Lol.....sorry, but I have to laugh at the TOP comment. We ALWAYS lose that stat.....every damn game.

We only need the rock for 20 minutes.

A little cocky are we....well we aren't in a place to do it yet but if you guys could run the table for once with an easy schedule then you might just see another SEC team.

Reactions: 1 person
ASSumptions.

Being called a hipster, actually offends me. Lol

I'm a forging, hunting, fishing, backpacking, meat eating, mountaineer, who has a degree from a long time ago.

Do hipsters even watch football? Wouldn't know being on my acreage out in the country.

For someone who claims to be offended by the hipster moniker, you sure are familiar with their "patois". And your handle is Portland Duck but you don't really live in Portland.....I smell poser.......

A little cocky are we....well we aren't in a place to do it yet but if you guys could run the table for once with an easy schedule then you might just see another SEC team.

How is that comment cocky? Not supposed to be. I just see it all the time. You'd think opponents would know by now that you will ALWAYS win top. FACT.

VN Store

Back