What do you REALISTICALLY hope to see this Saturday?

Win TOP that includes having a successful time running the ball keeping the Ducks offense off the field.
Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and if the Volunteers have a damn good offense winning top plus scoring tds a favorable chance to keep it a competive game.

Keep up with the Ducks.
Produce some turnovers giving the Vols a short field.
Make plays on Special teams.
The Longer the Volunteers remain in the game the higher their confidence is going to be.

I'm optimistic but I still know the Volunteers are a longshot to win like Oregon 89 Percent Tennesseee 11 Percent so a very positive thing would be if the Volunteers can keep this from becoming a blowout.

Reactions: 2 people
For someone who claims to be offended by the hipster moniker, you sure are familiar with their "patois". And your handle is Portland Duck but you don't really live in Portland.....I smell poser.......

I don't live in PDX anymore. Do I have to?

Hipsters are weird. A group who wants to be unique and independent but yet are all the same. Strange ducks I tell ya.

A win. Theres a gameplan for that. Its called long drives hogging up all of the TOP.

ASSumptions.

Being called a hipster, actually offends me. Lol

I'm a forging, hunting, fishing, backpacking, meat eating, mountaineer, who has a degree from a long time ago.

Do hipsters even watch football? Wouldn't know being on my acreage out in the country.

But you take time from all those manly activities to start fires on another teams message board

Reactions: 1 person
But you take time from all those manly activities to start fires on another teams message board

Sure....Grizzly Adams was a world famous internet forum troll :loco:

What I wanna know is how the hell he hunts all day in those skinny jeans.

Last edited:
Obviously, our hearts hope against hope for an upset...

But realistically, that's gonna be a tough row to hoe.

I just want to see more of the same as we have had the first two weeks. Minimizing mistakes, playing their assignments, playing HARD, and not quitting when the going gets rough.

The Ducks are gonna score points, but I expect we will as well. I think they win by two touchdowns, but we make them work for it. Considering the state of the program, I will be happy with that.

I want to see our Team, play for a full 4 quarters regardless of how many points the Ducks score

Reactions: 3 people
I just don't want to see a close first half followed by us being blown out in the second have.

That's been the streak for the past 3 years. I'd rather us play a solid entire game.

6 and 6 and hold this recruiting class together, and a small bowl with a win would not hurt, the main thing this year is not wins or loses its holding the recruiting class together.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO, I don't see it that way. But like, that's just my opinion.

Actually, pretty much all the responses that aren't direct hits on your trolling ARE realistic.

We know Oregon is very fast and very good and that Autzen is very loud. But we also know that Oregon isn't the first good team Tennessee has ever played and we already show signs of improvement in key areas. So we expect to stay competitive even if we end up losing by 2-3 scores.

In others words, we respect your team but expect ours to play to its capabilities even if it falls short...

VN Store

Back