What Other Message Boards Are Saying (NC State Post Game Edition)

Year one, maybe it was a gimmick. At this point, looks more like a proven product.
Correct me if I’m wrong but the biggest gimmick (play) of the night was that overloaded formation designed to get Concepcion isolated on a D-back. It was a good play but nothing we need to do get our offense moving. GBO!

The D last night reminded me of the 90s. And that was a decent team we did that to last night.

^This. I remember the graphic they showed early in the game showing how experienced their offensive line is. Four grads and a redshirt sophomore, with 145 games experience in total. 13 TFLs is big. That is more TFLs than GA had against Tennessee Tech. Our defense is legit. Need to give the secondary a little more time to gel, but our defense is very good.

Fans are the same everywhere you go; the only thing that changes are the team colors.
Not true - lots of other school’s fans are happy to be somewhat competitive unlike a large segment of our fanbase where anything less than a natty is udder failure.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the biggest gimmick (play) of the night was that overloaded formation designed to get Concepcion isolated on a D-back. It was a good play but nothing we need to do get our offense moving. GBO!
Excellent point!

On how he feels they performed against Nico Iamaleava:

“He’s a good player. I mean, I thought, you know, against their spread, we defended that very well. I mean, they hurt us on some screens, a little shovel to the running back, on some plays like that. They got into bigger personnel, something they haven’t done a lot on film. There was a lot of 12 personnel, two tight ends, one back tonight with their offense. And so, you know, credit them for changing up. ‘Cause you know, if you watch them, most of their formations you’re gonna see are four-wides or one tight end formations. And so, you know, I thought we did some good things that way, but we did not, as the game went on, stop the run. And we were out there a lot in the second half defensively because of how we played on offense in the second half.”

No Dave, no you didn't

On how he feels they performed against Nico Iamaleava:

“He’s a good player. I mean, I thought, you know, against their spread, we defended that very well. I mean, they hurt us on some screens, a little shovel to the running back, on some plays like that. They got into bigger personnel, something they haven’t done a lot on film. There was a lot of 12 personnel, two tight ends, one back tonight with their offense. And so, you know, credit them for changing up. ‘Cause you know, if you watch them, most of their formations you’re gonna see are four-wides or one tight end formations. And so, you know, I thought we did some good things that way, but we did not, as the game went on, stop the run. And we were out there a lot in the second half defensively because of how we played on offense in the second half.”

No Dave, no you didn't
On their game thread they were pretty upset at all the underneath stuff getting yards for us, but that’s really what they wanted, taking away the risk of the deep ball. They largely kept Bru and Brazzell and Thornton in check, but their front was not up to the task of stopping the run and the underneath passing.

On their game thread they were pretty upset at all the underneath stuff getting yards for us, but that’s really what they wanted, taking away the risk of the deep ball. They largely kept Bru and Brazzell and Thornton in check, but their front was not up to the task of stopping the run and the underneath passing.
We have 3 strong TEs now and so we are adding wrinkles people haven't seen in the past. This offense is dominant.

Not true - lots of other school’s fans are happy to be somewhat competitive unlike a large segment of our fanbase where anything less than a natty is udder failure.
Then where will the Milk and Honey come from if that happens? ;)

1725804850739.jpeg

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Lol gimmick offense? We rushed it right up the gut for over 200 yards. Sounds like pretty standard offense to me 🤣

They ran the offense pretty slowly and went with 2 TE's quite often. We saw new wrinkles to this offense that we haven't seen before.
But I was impressed with Vol D giving up only 143 total yards...That is approaching, if not achieving, an elite performance..CJH has to love that above everything else about the win..I know I do...

^This. I remember the graphic they showed early in the game showing how experienced their offensive line is. Four grads and a redshirt sophomore, with 145 games experience in total. 13 TFLs is big. That is more TFLs than GA had against Tennessee Tech. Our defense is legit. Need to give the secondary a little more time to gel, but our defense is very good.
Not to diminish Tennessee's d line, but that experienced NCSU o line got pushed around by WCU last week.

VN Store

Back