What Other Message Boards Are Saying (NC State Post Game Edition)

On their game thread they were pretty upset at all the underneath stuff getting yards for us, but that’s really what they wanted, taking away the risk of the deep ball. They largely kept Bru and Brazzell and Thornton in check, but their front was not up to the task of stopping the run and the underneath passing.
Exactly. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Pick your poison with this offense. The only defenses that can truly have success against it are ones that can truly play tight man coverage against all potential pass catchers. There aren't many teams out there like that.

Reactions: TnScooby
^This. I remember the graphic they showed early in the game showing how experienced their offensive line is. Four grads and a redshirt sophomore, with 145 games experience in total. 13 TFLs is big. That is more TFLs than GA had against Tennessee Tech. Our defense is legit. Need to give the secondary a little more time to gel, but our defense is very good.
We’ve led the country in TFLs since Banks arrived. He’s a good coach. And to think we’ve done that with less talent than what we have now and what we have coming. Good days ahead!

NCST Fan: I’ll still never understand how a gimmick offense like Tennessee can put up this many points.
In truth, Josh deviated from his usual wide split offense to a baseline two TE offense, In short, we steamrolled NCST with an old time, "line 'em up knock 'em down" game. This mucked up NCST coaches game plan. Listen to what their coach said.

Seriously, I want to enjoy salty tears from other boards but I kind of feel bad for them because that's been us for the better part of the last 15 or 20 years. It truly does feel good to be on the other side.

Reactions: I40VOL
I remember when I heard everyone calling Urban Meyer's offense a "gimmick" in 2006. By the time they won their second NT in 2008, they weren't calling it a gimmick anymore.
People called Chip Kelly and Art Briles offenses gimmicks. I don’t get it. Is it just because of the wide splits?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I'm just curious if the OP can find anything this week on the Kent St message board. If he does, he needs some kind of reward 😆

Kent State lost to St Francis PA yesterday, a small private Catholic school with maybe a few thousand total students. If I were them, I'd just nuke any message boards I had and start over.

NCST Fan: I’ll still never understand how a gimmick offense like Tennessee can put up this many points.
In truth, Josh deviated from his usual wide split offense to a baseline two TE offense, In short, we steamrolled NCST with an old time, "line 'em up knock 'em down" game. This mucked up NCST coaches game plan. Listen to what their coach said.
We have the best TE room we have had since CJH has come to town. He's always talked about how important TEs are to the offense. Now we see it clearly.

Not to diminish Tennessee's d line, but that experienced NCSU o line got pushed around by WCU last week.
It’s not about that in my eyes and I think most would agree. It’s the fact that we are rotating 8+ guys in there and no falloff. That’s where the problem for other teams lie. The announcers touched on it a little saying the line has to do it for 60 mins. In those tight late in the fourth qtr games when you need a play, is when that depth will beat an oline up.

After wandering in the wilderness for so long and watching the success of other teams, those that have stuck with the University of TENNESSEE deserve this now, it’s great to finally seem like we are out of the woods and experience this now. I’ve been tried and true through the good, the bad, the bad bad and the hopefully the good again. Hopefully we are about to be done stumbling around, my feet are tired and I want to sit back and enjoy the rise and salty tears. Go VOLS

Seriously, I want to enjoy salty tears from other boards but I kind of feel bad for them because that's been us for the better part of the last 15 or 20 years. It truly does feel good to be on the other side.
I don't feel bad about them. Nearly every fan of theirs sitting around us was a drunk and aggressive *******. The dudes behind me wouldn't shut up about our "fat" coach and then started harrassing my mom and my wife. Eff em.

The ones who still say this are not familiar with it and don't understand it. This offense been around for several yrs. To the quote Spurrier, who ran a version of this offense, 'its just pitch and catch an run a little bit'. And yes there was no gimmick to the 2nd half run it down your throats offense.

If it IS merely a gimmick; wouldn’t teams be embarrassed by continuing to fall for it? I mean, when you call it a gimmick and still lose, you are criticizing yourself more than your intended target.
A ton of their fans were taking about how Tennessee is overrated and we were an SEC doormat while we were up 30 on them.

If that's the truth, what's that make them? I mean damn they're already the little brother of the whole state of NC, do they really need to crap on themselves more?

‘Tennessee fans are evil and stupid, but they have a good football team’…after the Pruitt years and having people feel sorry for us, 🤣 we’ll take it 🤣 just call me Mrs Stupidevil 😂
I don't get that one at all. Annoying? Sure, I could see that. Obnoxious? Guilty as charged. Passionate? Without regret.

Evil? Hmmmm......

Reactions: LadyVolette
Shew. I'm not even giving them any guff. They sounds like us not so long ago.

Must be hard to get 50 hung on you by a gimmick offense.(OK just a little guff)
Same; I have respect for a solid tough opponent (at least non SEC 😉)
NC State is such a program. They played us close until our superior depth wore them down in the second half. Which is exactly what used to happen to us against Top programs.
I was impressed by how State kept playing hard even when way down.

Good point

VN Store

Back