What other message boards are saying (NC State Pre Game Edition)

Also the Bama road game last year we showed out 1st half leading 20 to 07 and then we looked like we did at Missouri 2nd half, Bama outscored us 27 to 00 for final of 34 to 20. That's 3 and half road games that are hard to get a grip on what happened.
I was rewatching that game the other day, and I still don't understand what the heck happened. I knew Bama would come back, but nothing was working in the second half--nothing! We had looked so poised and locked in for the entire 1st half.

Remember the time we beat UAB on a last drive TD and they carrier the QB off the field on their shoulders?

Yeah….we ain’t that TN anymore.

We are the TN people don’t want to play now!
To refresh your memory

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Remember the time we beat UAB on a last drive TD and they carrier the QB off the field on their shoulders?

Yeah….we ain’t that TN anymore.

We are the TN people don’t want to play now!

Same year as the LSU and UNC debacles. Man that was a tough year that foreshadowed the dark times coming our way.

Everybody is making their predictions, and maybe I'm wrong but I think we beat the Wolfpack by at least 30. Optimistic? Maybe. If we lose some turnovers then it's a different ballgame, but I just don't see it.

They play a ball control eat up the clock style game. Think something along the vein of one of Mark Stoops better KY teams that is more disciplined and doesn't get rattled like the Mildcats usually do

Even if we come out absolutely smoking on offense and keep it up the entire game, the score getting out of control ismost likely not gonna happen

Simple function of we're only gonna get so many possessions. The key for us is simply going to be converting the 6-7 possessions we have into touchdowns. We do that and the rest of things will take care of themselves.

We find ourselves doing having a 3 and out, kicking 2FGs, and getting one TD in the first half and we might be in trouble.

I'm gonna stick with my original prediction
Wolfpack keeps it close in the 1H and maybe even leads at halftime. Second half our depth starts becoming a factor and we slowly pull away winning by 10-14. 31-17 type of affair at the end of things. This is not going to be a pushover game and anyone with those delusions needs to get rid of them quick.

They play a ball control eat up the clock style game. Think something along the vein of one of Mark Stoops better KY teams that is more disciplined and doesn't get rattled like the Mildcats usually do

Even if we come out absolutely smoking on offense and keep it up the entire game, the score getting out of control ismost likely not gonna happen

So the thing about ball control teams, like Mark Stoops and Kentucky, being able to throttle down a Josh Heupel offense that is functioning smoothly:

1725403398029.png

Some things just can't be stopped.

Go Vols!

I honestly had to quit reading because I’m too empathetic of a person to finish it, and I can be an A-Hole🤣

They're not a bad engineering school at all. Never had a worry about their graduates being up to par. Given that, them being logical and realistic comes as no surprise.

Most of their fanbase seems to be higher on us than we are at this point lol.

Personally, I think UTC was, well.......UTC.

NC St is going to be a completely different ballgame. I think we will come out of top, but it's not gonna be easy and we are gonna experience some growing pains along the way. Wouldn't shock me at all for us to be down by 7-10 at halftime before Heupel gives them the riot act and we turn on the jets and pull away winning by 10-13 at the end.
You are good for thinking that way, never going to take that thought process away. Your half time score is ridiculous. Down 7 to 10 at halftime, please do not underestimate the Defense. Totally out of line. Even if we score 14 that would mean that NC State scores 21 to 24 points. Tennessee would have to lay a complete egg for that to happen.
My thoughts are that we score 21 to 24 the first half and I don't think NC State will score 21 to 24 points the entire game.
You must not have seen the same game I saw on Saturday. It was Chattanooga, but these players played like one unit. CJH knows the pulse of the team and they play like a veteran squad. Plus this team is more talented. Defense will be there. Improves every year.
I know Virginia is not NC State but the Virginia score was 49-13. Easily along the same line as that one as well.

I mean there’s always a chance that we just play like crap or have a key injury. Other than that we should roll this weekend. I do like that they’re a little better team, should ease us in vs some more decent competition before we see OU in a few weeks.

You are good for thinking that way, never going to take that thought process away. Your half time score is ridiculous. Down 7 to 10 at halftime, please do not underestimate the Defense. Totally out of line. Even if we score 14 that would mean that NC State scores 21 to 24 points. Tennessee would have to lay a complete egg for that to happen.
My thoughts are that we score 21 to 24 the first half and I don't think NC State will score 21 to 24 points the entire game.
You must not have seen the same game I saw on Saturday. It was Chattanooga, but these players played like one unit. CJH knows the pulse of the team and they play like a veteran squad. Plus this team is more talented. Defense will be there. Improves every year.
I know Virginia is not NC State but the Virginia score was 49-13. Easily along the same line as that one as well.

........and that is why they actually play the games.

I appreciate that you think Saturday is going to be a bloodbath. In some ways I hope so also.

On the other side of the coin, this team needs to face some adversity before we roll into Norman. Thinking we're gonna roll right through the season with no hiccups is a fantasy. For all our bluster, we are still a very young team.

As I posted here last week-I would much rather us have to "grow up" in Q2 vs NC State that Q4 vs Oklahoma.

Guess we're gonna know by about midnight Saturday which one of us was correct

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

I appreciate that you think Saturday is going to be a bloodbath. In some ways I hope so also.

On the other side of the coin, this team needs to face some adversity before we roll into Norman. Thinking we're gonna roll right through the season with no hiccups is a fantasy. For all our bluster, we are still a very young team.

As I posted here last week-I would much rather us have to "grow up" in Q2 vs NC State that Q4 vs Oklahoma.

You are relying on an ACC team to help us grow up. Virginia did that last year? Austin Peay did in a way, but maybe there is a reason this is a team sport. Down at half 7-10 points is not realistic. Tied at half time maybe.

It doesn't take a scare to grow up. There will be more panic in the fans than there will be by the team. No need to wish. Beat the teams you are suppose to beat play your game. Fans have this mentality not players.

Neyland's Seven Maxims and have faith in the Coaching Staff and the Players. Remember, it is a team sport. There will be plenty of mistakes made in games that fans do not see but the players and coaches know and will correct. You don't need a scare to improve you just need to know what the individual or unit problems were and fix them.

Sure, Crap happens and how you respond makes or breaks you and the team. The SEC grind is the real test. There are going to be plenty of tests in the season.

Wanting for it to happen is just silly.

Last edited:

That is a common myth. They need to play to a standard and keep perfecting that. NCSU will present some challenges. They may well try to take the air out of the ball. But that's when it comes down to Banks and his gameplan. The Vols need to force the issue on D if they try to slow the game down.

As for the Q2 vs Q4 comment. Fallacy of limited alternatives. It isn't an either/or. They can "grow up" without almost losing or playing poorly or getting pushed around by NCSU.

VN Store

Back