What was the first Tennessee game that You attended?

I remember how hot the 91 UCLA game was. I drank too much, ran out of the student section before kickoff, and laid shirtless, spread eagled on the T. I hope nobody noticed.

1972 grad who ran out from the student section in 1991? Hmmmmmm.

Reactions: 1 person
I was a freshman in 1967-8 when Wright tore up his knee, and Karl Kremser took over kicking. Later that year in 1967, Kremser missed a long field goal that would have beaten Oklahoma at the end of the Orange Bowl.

I had a Spanish Lab class with Wright, and we became friends, and even went kicking with him that following spring. Wright kicked 2 field goals in that 66 Gator Bowl, and hit about a 40 yarder earlier in the Alabama game, but he did miss a 21 yard field goal from the right hash mark that would have won the game. He was really down over that since he was from Alabama. He owns a pharmacy now in his hometown in Heflin, Alabama.

I remember watching that Orange Bowl on tv. We got behind big in the first half then came back. When he missed that kick I cried. I was 11 years old.

Reactions: 1 person
1974 UT vs Vandy at Dudley Field. Miserable weather and a 21-21 tie.

I remember watching that Orange Bowl on tv. We got behind big in the first half then came back. When he missed that kick I cried. I was 11 years old.
We got behind 19-0 in the first half, and lost 26-24. I think that Tenn and Okla were both ranked about #3 and #4 going in.

2000 against ULM. It was the weekend of my 20th birthday, had a blast!

2000 Bama game. Got excellent tix from wife's ex husband. Great game and solidified my already fandom for the Vols.

1998 Arkansas the fumble what a game. My second game fiesta Bowl national championship oh those were the days, bring them back bUTch!

We got behind 19-0 in the first half, and lost 26-24. I think that Tenn and Okla were both ranked about #3 and #4 going in.

Thanks for the specifics - even though we lost, I was glued to the tv with my mom and dad. Another childhood memory that is still strong.

I think that was actually 1974 - - I remember freezing my a** off. Couldn't feel my legs below my knees that day. It was raining and like 35 degrees.

You're right. It was terrible. We were a few rows behind the Vandy bench and some guy came rolling down the bleachers. Everyone just moved down a row and muttered. At least that's how I remember it as a 10yo.

I think that was actually 1974 - - I remember freezing my a** off. Couldn't feel my legs below my knees that day. It was raining and like 35 degrees.

I was there, too, in the Pride of the Southland Band. Stinking stadium was so small they the band sitting in folding chairs on the UT sideline. So we not only froze in the 35-degree rain, but we couldn't see the game unless it was in front of us. There was no such thing as a Jumbotron on those days. The band stayed in Nashville overnight to march in the Nashville Christmas parade as it was Thanksgiving weekend. It snowed as we marched in the parade. It was cold but at least we weren't soaked to the skin in 35-degree water.

VN Store

Back