What was the first Tennessee game that You attended?

06 uga in Athens. Went with 3 of my buddies who are fellow Vols. I had just graduated high school and we had a blast. Felt great to beat the bulldogs in Athens. I can't wait to get back to beating uga.

My first game was Vandy in November 1979 with my Dad. We were only a few rows from the top and it was super cold, and I didnt bring gloves.

I've been a fan since 1971.

We won every game I attended until I went to the Florida game in 2004

We won that one.

The 79 Vandy game in Nashville. My Dad caught one of little plastic balls that HS cheerleaders throw out; of course Vandy is kinda like a HS. It was a good day. I think Reggie White was a frosh.

UT vs Arakansas. when they had Darren McIForgotWhatWayToRun I was amazing seeing out defense put a beat down on him.

The 79 Vandy game in Nashville. My Dad caught one of little plastic balls that HS cheerleaders throw out; of course Vandy is kinda like a HS. It was a good day. I think Reggie White was a frosh.

Sorry I was wrong it was 1980.

Pitt 1980, I can still remember Willie Gault returning that kickoff for a TD. One of my favorite memories, I couldn't believe at the time how fast that guy was lol

2005 UAB. Still remembered their QB's name is Hackney. That season went wrong from the get-go.

That was a hot, miserable noon-time kickoff. First game I took my family too. We sat in the student section in the 105 degree heat and watched students pass out from the combination of heat exhaustion and drinking. Watched the Vol d-line and LB's bounce of Hackney like they were nothing.

Probably one of the beatdowns UT gave UK in the late 90's. Only other one was the triple ot game with Andre Woodson.

Away: My friend (Ole Miss fan) took me to the game down there when Kiffen was here.

Home: I went to the Florida game last year.

1974 - UT vs. Maryland in the Memphis Liberty Bowl. Freezing cold but fun nonetheless. I was 11 years old.

Pitt 1980, I can still remember Willie Gault returning that kickoff for a TD. One of my favorite memories, I couldn't believe at the time how fast that guy was lol
I don't remember a Gault TD, but I do remember 3 things about that game.

1) Dan Marino was Pitt's qb
2) We lost 30-6, unless I am wrong
3) Charlie Daniels sang "In America" at halftime , and the crowd cheered when he substituted Tennessee Volunteer fan for Pittsburgh Steeler fan in his lyrics

VN Store

Back