What was the first Tennessee game that You attended?

My first game was probably why I am such a vol fan!

1985 Sugar Bowl. My whole family went. My mom had to ask which team was ours!! I will never forget it! GO VOlS!!! To this day .... I hate Miami!

1984, I think, it was Tennessee and LSU. It was the game that Reggie White sacked the LSU quarterback deep in their territory to basically put the game away. I was also at the 1991 UCLA game when it was so hot! That was my wife's first game. I didn't think she would ever go back but she did. She is now a vol fan. She was pissed when the girls lost the other night in the first game! It was funny to see her that mad!

I was so cold at kickoff, i got up to go buy a sweatshirt to wear under my Tennessee jersey (i was 11), and i missed the Manning to Kent bomb :(

Dang. Sorry you missed that.

I was in the endzone and if Joey would have ran into the stands he'd ran right to us. For some reason I dont remember the cold. :)

I was so cold at kickoff, i got up to go buy a sweatshirt to wear under my Tennessee jersey (i was 11), and i missed the Manning to Kent bomb :(

That sucks. You didn't miss a bomb though, you missed Joey Kent running about 85 yards like he was on fire.

I was in the endzone and if Joey would have ran into the stands he'd ran right to us. For some reason I dont remember the cold. :)

I don't remember it being that cold either, but I wasn't 11.

First game- late 70s vs Miss St in Memphis

First game in Neyland- 1985 vs Auburn when TRob and the boys whipped Bo's arse.

Reactions: 1 person
1980 versus Washington State. I had just moved down from New Hampshire 3 months earlier and didn't know a thing about SEC football or things UT. I've been all-Vol since.

First game- late 70s vs Miss St in Memphis

First game in Neyland- 1985 vs Auburn when TRob and the boys whipped Bo's arse.

I was a student during that time. Had tix on the 45. That day, Bo knew about Tennessee run defense.

1980 versus Washington State. I had just moved down from New Hampshire 3 months earlier and didn't know a thing about SEC football or things UT. I've been all-Vol since.

UT played Washington State 4 times in the '80s...all at home. Interesting.

My first game was Vandy in November 1979 with my Dad. We were only a few rows from the top and it was super cold, and I didnt bring gloves.

I've been a fan since 1971.

We won every game I attended until I went to the Florida game in 2006

Last edited:
Great game but I still prefer the 96 game at home and come from behind. Guess it's cause that was first memory of a game.

I was there too. Wasn't that when Little and Brown squished their silly qb on 4th down to preserve the win? I had a good run getting to the TN/al game for 18 years and sometimes my games run together.

Lol nice. We were sitting on the other end of the field, right smack in the middle of the Bama fans.

Reactions: 1 person
My first game was Peyton's last home game against vandy. My dad took believe I was in the 5th grade. I got to watch him lead the band and everything. I remember it was right before thanksgiving so a lot of students had went home for the holidays do we had awesome seats.

I was there too. It was so awesome to see Peyton lead the band in Rocky Top! We clinched the SEC East that day

Lol nice. We were sitting on the other end of the field, right smack in the middle of the Bama fans.

We were too. There was one TN fan in the row infront of us...so that pretty much made three of us in the whole dang section.

VN Store

Back