What's the worst College Football stadium that Y'all have attended a game at?

Worst experience ever was War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock in the late 90s. The parking lot had more craters than the moon, there was straw around several sections of stands to cover the mud, and the end zone bleachers were more rickety than the ones at Legion Field. It was a dump. I've heard it's improved since then, but I have no desire to ever go back.

Carrier Stadium at Syracuse: despite being sponsored by an air conditioning company, there's no air conditioning in the dome. They sell beer at the games. Vol fans + beer + non- circulating heat = more puking than I think I've ever seen during or after a game.

Legion Field. Need I say more?

Reactions: 1 person
My high school(RL Osborne in Marietta) went 0-10 My senior year and scored 15 points. They were down 55-0 to McEachern at Halftime and it was called because of lightning and there really wasn't any

Thats bad game called wasnt even lighting thats bad and funny, cant help it got to laugh.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Davis Wade Stadium (Mississippi State).

The cowbells are cool, and the videoboard is a thing of beauty, but it's just... ugly.

the rose bowl sucks elephant di**. the parking situation is awful, the seats aren't comfortable, and you feel far away from the game.

the coliseum is cool b/c of the tradition, but remove that and it's also a dump

In D1: Kentucky was an awful atmosphere, even with them beating us.

My alma mater Uva-Wise (NAIA school) is bad. Its a pain to go to games. 0 fun.

Beat me to it...Place is nasty and the area around it is even worse.

Haven't been there in years, but you've got to figure that it hasn't improved much since they condemned it and took the upper deck off of it.

I'd also echo those that have mentioned the Liberty Bowl. It's a bad stadium and every time I've been there I've frozen to death.

Haven't been there in years, but you've got to figure that it hasn't improved much since they condemned it and took the upper deck off of it.

I'd also echo those that have mentioned the Liberty Bowl. It's a bad stadium and every time I've been there I've frozen to death.

Was the Fulton County Stadium of College Football.

I grew up going to a lot of ACC games before I moved to SEC country. Duke is pretty lame, but even that isn't as depressing and sad as Vanderbilt.
A surprisingly crazy and consistent atmosphere is East Carolina.

I grew up going to a lot of ACC games before I moved to SEC country. Duke is pretty lame, but even that isn't as depressing and sad as Vanderbilt.
A surprisingly crazy and consistent atmosphere is East Carolina.

ECU games are a blast.

I went to the Colorado vs. Montana State game (Montana State won) in 2006 at Folsom. The fans were worse than they are in Gainesville, and there were probably 20,000 empty seats for an opening game. The mountains in Boulder are nice though.

The bad:
Little Rock-if you dropped something it slid down a sheet of metal to the bottom row! Went in 93.
GT Grant Field-had always heard how great it was. Sat behind a huge pole. Hopefully it's better now. Went 3-4 times in the 80s.
Fulton County-that place was NOT designed for football!!!
WORST EVER-Cotton Bowl. vs K State in 2001. Couldn't even see a scoreboard! HORRIBLE PLACE. The Cotton Bowl won't even play there anymore!

The Good:
Rose Bowl
UTC-nice stadium, but everyone is in Knoxville!!!
Neyland Stadium of course is the best, although not designed for people with long legs! Still the best though!!

William-Brice Stadium. IMO. I know some like it.

I lived down there for 3 years and went to the one UT game in that time, which we lost, and it was just nasty and concrete. That's really it. The parking sucked, the fans were terrible, and Trash everywhere. Concessions that I wouldnt buy from if I were stranded in the Sahara

Edit: and the Nickname, I almost forgot, is the worst part... wait for it... "The Cock Pit"

Really?

Last edited:
456_Inside_Nippert_Stadium

If they serve beer then it's exempt from the list

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back