When “Portland” comes to your town, where are you gonna go?

World's largest chemical company in the 1940s, electronics (they make auto parts and Sylvania light bulbs) and arms. All three remained in private or stock holder's hands. Krupp was wholly owned by the Krupp family until the late sixties. All three did product research and received orders for finished product from Germany but none were "run" by Nazis.

I’ll take my Krupp coffee maker over my Keurig any day. For some reason I’ve never liked how the single serve turns out.

I don't disagree with that position. There's been an egregious abuse of personal and institutional power, no doubt. The police force has turned from "serving and protecting" to something that more closely resembles the military without any of the discipline or training while taxpayers are busy bailing out the offending officers through sovereign immunity. They are rightfully getting taken to task by the public for their indiscretions, as a whole they deserve everything that they've gotten and then some. I don't trust the police, not even a little and im a white guy that makes pretty decent money. I can't imagine how poor POC must feel.

Still, if the black lives matter wants to changes hearts and minds or win sympathy to their cause - they really need to look in the mirror and get a handle on the black on black violence. It just sort of rings hollow that the community is demanding folks respect black lives when the community doesn't respect it themselves.
Really good post from you.
I would also add though if they changed the rhetoric from a racial issue to a policing issue then they would have that much more support.

It's not the police's fault that your dad had an outstanding warrant. They have to take him into custody at that point and they are required to handcuff him if they arrest him
Fault no. Is it ethically right or in the best interest of the nation to put people in handcuffs over minor traffic violations? I don't think it is and I think it is a symptom of a government that has grown too big for it's britches

Fault no. Is it ethically right or in the best interest of the nation to put people in handcuffs over minor traffic violations? I don't think it is and I think it is a symptom of a government that has grown too big for it's britches
With today’s technology they could have had him pay the fine on the spot with an iPad and credit card reader. What the heck - it works for Chik-Fil-A

Edit: just remembered this was 10 years ago. 😣

Really good post from you.
I would also add though if they changed the rhetoric from a racial issue to a policing issue then they would have that much more support.

That post is why I dont put septic in the crazy box. He does lean left but he has clarity and is open to new ideas.

Libs like this dobt bother me and on this topic I see things very similarly to him.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
World's largest chemical company in the 1940s, electronics (they make auto parts and Sylvania light bulbs) and arms. All three remained in private or stock holder's hands. Krupp was wholly owned by the Krupp family until the late sixties. All three did product research and received orders for finished product from Germany but none were "run" by Nazis.
Krupp worked in total sync with the party, used slave labor supplied by the state and after the war had some of their leadership convicted of war crimes. Their bleeding president was appointed to a role in Hitler's government. They were state officials at that point and were acting at the behest of the state. I don't see how that could be construed as a private company. I forget the president's name I'll look him in a second for you when I get a moment

With today’s technology they could have had him pay the fine on the spot with an iPad and credit card reader. What the heck - it works for Chik-Fil-A

Edit: just remembered this was 10 years ago. 😣
Probably could have 10 years ago too or something similar

He wasn't put in handcuffs over a minor traffic violation, he was put in handcuff because he didn't show for his court case and the judge issued an active warrant. If you commit a crime and don't show up for court, that is what happens.

Reactions: Y9 Vol
https://ww2gravestone.com/people/krupp-von-bohlen-und-halbach-alfried-felix-alwyn/ Krupps were full fledged party members and participants. Hardly seems appropriate to label them private at that moment in time

He wasn't put in handcuffs over a minor traffic violation, he was put in handcuff because he didn't show for his court case and the judge issued an active warrant. If you commit a crime and don't show up for court, that is what happens.
That's not exactly true. He'd already been through the court and the appeal BS. He was just hadn't paid yet. And yes I know that's what happens that's the entire point of the post. I don't think that is the appropriate approach for that sort of violation, I believe it's overkill. Now that doesn't mean it's not legal and I'm not contending the cop broke any laws. My whole point is that I believe that our government is overly punitive on certain issues

That post is why I dont put septic in the crazy box. He does lean left but he has clarity and is open to new ideas.

Libs like this dobt bother me and on this topic I see things very similarly to him.
I think at the end of the day most of us want the same things. There are just extremists on both sides.

Seattle police officer tells Black Lives Matter protester he's resigning: 'You guys won' — Fox News

When these people finally get what they want .. the power vacuum that’s left behind is going to be filled with some interesting little thugs .should be an amazing social experiment to watch unfold .

I’d quit too. If you (city councils/mayors/governors) give me a job and then fail to provide me the resources and support in which to do the job, then GTFO! And don’t call me when they come to your house, burn it down and bludgeon you in the street...because you became their useful idiot.

VN Store

Back