When “Portland” comes to your town, where are you gonna go?

So what's the number of genders up to now Luther?
I've heard that it's up around 6 billion. But I've heard another group takes great offense to that grossly insensitive claim, they contend that true number is closer to 6.9 billion. Looks like a dialogue of mutual respect and understanding is needed

Reactions: tntar heel
I've heard that it's up around 6 billion. But I've heard another group takes great offense to that grossly insensitive claim, they contend that true number is closer to 6.9 billion. Looks like a dialogue of mutual respect and understanding is needed
It's growing by leaps and bounds LOL.

I agree 100%, but the coffee maker is Krup, not Krupp.

I gotta reduce my coffee intake. If I drink more than two cups, I get floaters in my eyes in the afternoon. Having said that, I need a new coffee maker situation as mine is about busted. Does Krups have the same mold issue that Keurig had? I had a buddy that had a Keurig and he took it apart. It was disgusting.

I gotta reduce my coffee intake. If I drink more than two cups, I get floaters in my eyes in the afternoon. Having said that, I need a new coffee maker situation as mine is about busted. Does Krups have the same mold issue that Keurig had? I had a buddy that had a Keurig and he took it apart. It was disgusting.
No it doesn't. I've owned Krups for about 15 years and never had a mold problem. I have a Cuisinart maker now and I like it, too.

Reactions: Offset Eye
Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, Alfried Felix Alwyn. Krupps were full fledged party members and participants. Hardly seems appropriate to label them private at that moment in time
Did you read what I wrote in an earlier post? The whole company was owned by the family until the late 60s. It was a family controlled business for 400 years. The Nazis were good for business but they never owned Krupps.

Read the Arms of Krupp. It is the definitive story of the family and their company.

Last edited:
Reactions: hndog609
Krupp worked in total sync with the party, used slave labor supplied by the state and after the war had some of their leadership convicted of war crimes. Their bleeding president was appointed to a role in Hitler's government. They were state officials at that point and were acting at the behest of the state. I don't see how that could be construed as a private company. I forget the president's name I'll look him in a second for you when I get a moment

Gustav and then Alfried Krupp were the only executive officers of Krupp during the Nazi era. Neither held office in the German Government.

Did you read what I wrote in an earlier post? The whole company was owned by the family until the late 60s. It was a family controlled business for 300 years. The Nazis were good for business but they never owned Krupps.
They were fully integrated into the regime. They were owned by Nazi party officials.How in the world could they be considered a private company at that point

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Gustav and then Alfried Krupp were the only executive officers of Krupp during the Nazi era. Neither held office in the German Government.
That's not true unless this thing is making things up as it goes. Which I doubt as I've read this in several different sources

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-211005.png
    Screenshot_20200817-211005.png
    693.3 KB · Views: 11
They were fully integrated into the regime. They were owned by Nazi party officials.How in the world could they be considered a private company at that point
No, they weren't. They as much as anyone were responsible for funding Hitler's rise to power. They COLLABORATED with the Nazi's but the business was always a sole proprietorship. Jesus, read a book already. You are wrong about this and you should let it go. Fritz Thyssen's steel mills were taken over by the Nazis but never Krupp's business.

That is as wrong as wrong can be. No wonder you're confused. Alfred Speer was made Armaments Minister in 1942. He took over from Fritz Todt, who died in a plane crash in 1942.

Fritz Todt (4 September 1891 – 8 February 1942), was a German construction engineer and senior Nazi, who rose from the position of "Inspector General for German Roadways", where he directed the construction of the German Autobahns (Reichsautobahnen), to become the Reich Minister for Armaments and Ammunition.

"Albert Speer, (born March 19, 1905, Mannheim, Baden, Germany—died September 1, 1981, London, England), German architect who was Adolf Hitler’s chief architect (1933–45) and minister for armaments and war production (1942–45)."

Albert Speer | Biography, Architecture, Books, & Facts

No, they weren't. They as much as anyone were responsible for funding Hitler's rise to power. They COLLABORATED with the Nazi's but the business was always a sole proprietorship. Jesus, read a book already. You are wrong about this and you should let it go. Fritz Thyssen's steel mills were taken over by the Nazis but never Krupp's business.
That may well be. But for all intents and purposes it was operating under government officials for state purposes which would make classifying it as a private company incorrect. As demonstrated in the above post you were wrong about the Krupps not holding office in the regime. If your not enjoying our correspondence as much as I am enjoying it, you are free to quit responding

That may well be. But for all intents and purposes it was operating under government officials for state purposes which would make classifying it as a private company incorrect. As demonstrated in the above post you were wrong about the Krupps not holding office in the regime. If your not enjoying our correspondence as much as I am enjoying it, you are free to quit responding

No, it wasn't. They were doing business with the German government but they were never controlled by it. Please show me any decent piece of historical writing (unlike the tripe you showed earlier) that says Krupp was ever controlled or owned by the German government. Hell, before WWI, Krupp sold weapons to almost every country in Europe. The Soviets were testing Krupp weapons with the German Army in Russia in the 20's. The Krupps did business with whomever they wanted.

Last edited:
No, it wasn't. They were doing business with the German government but they were never controlled by it. Please show me any decent piece of historical writing (unlike the tripe you showed earlier) that says Krupp was ever controlled or owned by the German government. Hell, before WWI, Krupp sold weapons to almost every country in Europe. The Soviets were testing Krupp weapons with the German Army in Russia in the 20's. The Krupps did business with whomever they wanted.
Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, Alfried Felix Alwyn. disregard this message I accidentally hit wrong Link

again another source indicating him as a Hitler selected official. I don't why you are so hesitant to believe that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-212521.png
    Screenshot_20200817-212521.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 5
That is wrong. Speer was Armaments Minister. Go do some real research with decent sources and then try to claim that Krupp was a government minister.

VN Store

Back