When did we start saying "woo"?

I remember the male cheerleader "Reggie" would lead that cheer during Monday night at the Last Lap with Tall Paul.

This is kinda random, but Im watching some games from 97 and it sounds like only a few give it a "woo" while singing rocky top...it's much more faint than today.

When we started loosing like heck. I'll check the film and get back to ya.
whew

I remember the male cheerleader "Reggie" would lead that cheer during Monday night at the Last Lap with Tall Paul.

Black guy?

If so, yeah....he stayed up there for about 8 years doing that!

The Last Lap.......man, I spent many an hour there

Hate the "woo" but it's here to stay. I don't remember it when I was younger nor when I was a student. The Nature Boy Ric Flair started it.

Reactions: 1 person
Never responded to the song with a "woo", but I hope our new coach can woo some five-star athletes once he gets on board.

I personally have never liked the "wooo" ever since I was a student in 1997. I think its kind of lame and soft to be honest. But, I do it with conviction because I am all Vol and its part of our fightsong.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Yeah, I thought his name was Reggie. Hard to believe that has been over thirty years ago. That dude got a lot of mileage out of leading that cheer...lol!

Considering it is now :loco:stuck in our heads....DAMN YOU! :crazy:

I personally have never liked the "wooo" ever since I was a student in 1997. I think its kind of lame and soft to be honest. But, I do it with conviction because I am all Vol and its part of our fightsong.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

I always thought it was kind of a chick thing... just something to keep them occupied during the game. now that we have the Woo some girls can actually make it to the third quarter before asking if we can leave early

Ok, hopefully for the last time.

I DID IT!!!! With help. I was in the Pride from 89-93. I and another trombone player started it as a joke. We only did it to mess around. Next thing you know the entire trombone section was doing it. It grew from there (trombone players are known to be trend setters).

I hope my posting history lends enough credibility to my claim so you guys know I wouldn't make this up. The other trombone player is now a pastor living in Colorado. We had no idea what it would grow into. Really, it started as a joke. We knew if J Julian (band director) ever heard us he would kill us.

For those who don't like it. Sorry. But, I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

Reactions: 3 people

I DID IT!!!! With help. I was in the Pride from 89-93. I and another trombone player started it as a joke. We only did it to mess around. Next thing you know the entire trombone section was doing it. It grew from there (trombone players are known to be trend setters).

I hope my posting history lends enough credibility to my claim so you guys know I wouldn't make this up. The other trombone player is now a pastor living in Colorado. We had no idea what it would grow into. Really, it started as a joke. We knew if J Julian (band director) ever heard us he would kill us.

For those who don't like it. Sorry. But, I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

I would normally assume this was a joke, but are you serious?

bump for post of the year.

Al Gore in the house. Sumbich invented the woo

Reactions: 3 people
tumblr_mayyjqbKiq1r3hlsco1_400.png

Last edited:

"Trombone players are known to be trend setters" This line made me chuckle. Rusty trombone ehh

VN Store

Back