When Does CBJ get his Signature Win?

I agree with those thinking that Oregon is overrated. First game of the season, crazy stuff could happen. I really think we have a shot.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with those thinking that Oregon is overrated. First game of the season, crazy stuff could happen. I really think we have a shot.

If sort of nervous about what bag of tricks Bob Petrino has in store for Tennessee in the UT-WKU game. That game will be a close one,IMO

Couple of years from now at the earliest. But then again I define a signature win as a win that will be remembered in the history of the program so an SEC championship at the very least. Not going to be swayed by a single win otherwise, a lot of bad coaches have managed to beat teams that are better than theirs on a given Saturday.

by your definition, Sumlin beating Alabama last year wasnt a signature win.

Florida, cause of the fact we haven't beat Florida in years!!!! So when he leads this team to beat Florida that will be a signature win. And I do believe it will be very tough in year one, but still possible.

I think his signature win will be whatever team we beat to secure a bowl game! Man I want to finally see us in the post season...

Reactions: 2 people
More likely it will be either Florida or Georgia. Quite possibly both. The main reason being, CBJ will field a team that plays all 4 quarters.

...at Bama, with those those blocked field goals. We had Saban scared, played them tough. That would have been enough of a John Hancock for me.

Couple of years from now at the earliest. But then again I define a signature win as a win that will be remembered in the history of the program so an SEC championship at the very least. Not going to be swayed by a single win otherwise, a lot of bad coaches have managed to beat teams that are better than theirs on a given Saturday.

If sort of nervous about what bag of tricks Bob Petrino has in store for Tennessee in the UT-WKU game. That game will be a close one,IMO

It would only be close if the Vols were blonde and the game was a motorcycle.

Even then we would still win in the ditches, I mean trenches.

Reactions: 1 person
You're crazy. They have won 11 games the past two seasons. Have you forgot that spurrier is their coach? Make no mistake, they are a good team that's balanced.

They have never won a SEC championship or a National Championship. Not that long ago when they went 0-12. No one cares about SC. Going 11-2 the past couple of years doesn't erase the embarrassment SC called football for years.

If we're gonna beat any big team this year, I see us beating South Carolina at home. We're simply not going to win at Oregon, Bama, or Florida and I don't think our offense can hang with Georgia's offense this year.

One of the biggest complaints that I had with Dooley (and I had many) was the fact that he never won a game that he wasn't "supposed to win". Never coached the Vols into a win. For CBJ to get a signature win, he has to beat someone that we are big underdogs going into the game. He has to be the one to win the game with good coaching. I know that there will be some mistakes, but he has to beat a legitimate SEC school that he is not favored to beat going in. It does not have to be this year, but it will need to come soon. My guess is GA or FL. I think that those are his best bets to out coach an SEC opponent.

VN Store

Back