When Does CBJ get his Signature Win?

South Carolina is not a signature win neither is Georgia, Bama will be the signature win this year. Book It! Florida will be the first big win but bama will be the signature win.

Good chance South Carolina will be a top ten team this year. That's a signature win if he gets a win this year.

Given recent times (and '13's probable candidates) a victory over OR, FL, or GA will be tagged a "signature win" for Jones by ESPN and et al.

Reactions: 4 people
The only teams I call a signature win would be.

Oregon
Florida
Georgia
Bama

IMO a win over Auburn is a more signature win then USCjr. Yeah SC has a pretty good football team, but their still SC.

I advise you guys to visit their forums. Lol

They had a thread about "who would be on the Mount Rushmore of SC Football"

1. Never heard of him
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Marcus lattimore
4. Clowney

And a lot of them have under their signature:

1969 ACC Champs
2010 SEC East Champs

Lolololololol

InB4 "we suck and I shouldn't make fun of SC"

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Oregon will be the first true indicator of what we have this season, imo. How our team reacts to pressure, how our coaches game plan, how the players execute what they've been taught, and how effective our young leaders are. There's a lot to be learned from this game. Hopefully everyone is healthy, and stays that way.

I do think this game sets up to give us a shot at the upset. Don't forget Oregon will be facing TN with a first time head coach. Perhaps the new coach makes a few mistakes that turn the game?
:yes:

I'd say the signature win doesn't come this season. I'm not sure what drugs people are smoking talking Oregon especially when you have two possible Heisman winners at QB and RB and speed to burn all over the field. I'd love to see it happen but I just can't see it.

They have never won a SEC championship or a National Championship. Not that long ago when they went 0-12. No one cares about SC. Going 11-2 the past couple of years doesn't erase the embarrassment SC called football for years.

I didn't say they were an established powerhouse. I said that they are a balanced football team that has been winning a lot of games the past couple years.

They won more games last year than we've won in the past two!

But UGA will have no defense. i think they'll have a down year this year, compared to the 9-10 win seasons they've been having. We have as good a chance against UGA as any of them, we hung with them last year at our absolute worst.

We will see how good their defense is in their first game against Clemson.

Tennessee wont have a signature win until a QB steps on campus that didnt appear in the Spring Game. After that, best shot is against South Carolina here. No way we win in B-Dinney, The Swamp or Autzen. Just not enough expierence for big road gms like that. USC or Auburn, maybe both.

If we do better than 6-6 this year, CBJ deserves SEC and possibly National coach of the year
I like Butch, But I'm worried about our D- Chord , and O-Chord. Can they call plays with the big boys ? Can they scheme with other top coaches? Will they call plays to not loose or will they play to win ? I'm worried about the best staff in America! I like the hell out of Butch Though!

South Carolina. They are limited on offense and we negate Clowney with Tiny. Low scoring ball game that we win.

The only teams I call a signature win would be.

Oregon
Florida
Georgia
Bama

IMO a win over Auburn is a more signature win then USCjr. Yeah SC has a pretty good football team, but their still SC.

I advise you guys to visit their forums. Lol

They had a thread about "who would be on the Mount Rushmore of SC Football"

1. Never heard of him
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Marcus lattimore
4. Clowney

And a lot of them have under their signature:

1969 ACC Champs
2010 SEC East Champs

Lolololololol

InB4 "we suck and I shouldn't make fun of SC"

I am willing to bet that "never heard of him" was their heisman trophy winner