Where to find the Vols on TV

Soooooo.......

A1566BC5-B85B-463E-BDC4-9D0FA6D7AC01-13270-000009B563B46C9C_zps8ba2ae49.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Bump 'Da VOLS for Tennis ? There must be , I say MUST be Consequences and Repercussions . Burn the Witch .

I'm calling WVLT @ 865-450-8888 to show my displeasure...I guess since they r no longer "volunteer TV" they don't wanna air the games..I guess they're not "All Vol!" after all. Punks!

Last edited:
I'm calling WVLT @ 865-450-8888 to show my displeasure...I guess since they r no longer "volunteer TV" they don't wanna air the games..I guess they're not "All Vol!" after all. Punks!

It's not really their call. The US Open is something that CBS will not allow to be preempted or moved to another channel. This happens every year, the first two SEC Network games move to MyVLT. It is in HD in Knoxville on Comcast on 1009.

As some have noted, it's on different stations in every market, since he game is being shown as part of the SEC Network syndication package.

Reactions: 1 person
Not on AT&T Uverse either until Sunday night at 9pm on channel 1729

It's not really their call. The US Open is something that CBS will not allow to be preempted or moved to another channel. This happens every year, the first two SEC Network games move to MyVLT. It is in HD in Knoxville on Comcast on 1009.

As some have noted, it's on different stations in every market, since he game is being shown as part of the SEC Network syndication package.

That sucks. Looks like I'm stuck watching the ****ty standard def broadcast for the second week in a row since DirecTV doesn't offer MyVLT in HD, which sucks because just about any bar worth a crap has DirecTV as well because of NFL Sunday Ticket. Oh well, hopefully in another 2 or 3 years we'll have a decent football team that doesn't always get stuck in the 12:00 timeslot where tennis gets the priority.

Atleast it is on tv this time I hate the ppv games I seen a lot of other games televised where the big schools had cupcake games I wonder why any of the networks wouldn't pick us up

Atleast it is on tv this time I hate the ppv games I seen a lot of other games televised where the big schools had cupcake games I wonder why any of the networks wouldn't pick us up

IIRC, that's just part of the new TV deal. Each school has one game per year on PPV and the rest are televised by one of the networks. We've got our PPV out of the way for the year, and now the rest of the games will be on TV, although not in HD for all of us unfortunately.

Uverse doesnt offer MyVLT!!! Ridiculous! GoVolsXtra (@GoVolsXtra) tweeted at 8:57 PM on Mon, Sep 02, 2013:
UT’s game against Western Kentucky on Saturday will be broadcast locally on MyVLT. Details here: Vols game against Western Kentucky to air on MyVLT » GoVolsXtra
(https://twitter.com/GoVolsXtra/status/374697555822936

Any type of antenna should allow you to receive 8-1 and 8-2 (MyVLT) in the Knoxville area. Other options would be looking in your channel guide on the regional sports networks for one that carries the SEC Network games. I believe MSG had the games last year.

so i'm guessing vlt is a cbs affiliate? that sucks. pays to have an independent as the sec network channel :)

Charter Channel 711 in Cleveland area. But it was funny, it still had the write up for the last time we played them. It would be nice to have Eric Berry again, but not at the cost of Lame Kitten

VN Store

Back