Where to find the Vols on TV

I check too and directv got it on NBC! Also ABC is showing tennis open! I'm confuse!!
Please remember the games are not on ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox they are basically like a syndicated show and will be broadcast on which ever local station has a contract with SEC.

So any network (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox) broadcasts especially a "Live" broadcast would have priority over the game.

For those in the Knoxville area that are complaining that DirecTV or cable don't carry that channel. Go to Walmart, Target or Best Buy and get a $15-$30 indoor antenna and hook it to your TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Do people not know how to operate your on screen guides? It's fairly easily to find what you are looking for.

For those in Chattanooga it is on WDSI (Fox61) who happens to be the SEC Network affiliate for Chattanooga.

Reactions: 1 person
FWIW, Call Uverse and POLITELY explain that you wish they'd carry MyVLT because if you are going to pay for their service you'd rather not miss Tennesse or various high school games.

It might not work by Saturday, but it might force their hand to pick it up in the future.

And if its available on ESPN3 then its probably a moot point for Uverse customers anyway, assuming they have broadband through Uverse.

Last edited:
What about dish? My local channels are all tri cities and no Knoxville stations.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

For some reason UVERSE tells me that they don't offer any of the sister stations to CBS, NBC, etc. So, since CBS is forcing the local station to show TENNIS, and UVERSE doesn't carry the sister station, I am outta luck!

I have uverse too. Get an antenna and you can see the game. They are in HD now and only cost about $30.

Going to the game,what time does it kick off?I live a 150 miles from Knoxville so I need to know what time to leave home!

Do people not know how to operate your on screen guides? It's fairly easily to find what you are looking for.

For those in Chattanooga it is on WDSI (Fox61) who happens to be the SEC Network affiliate for Chattanooga.

Not sure who this was meant for, but a couple of things to take into account before making snarky comments:

Not everyone has an on-screen guide.

Per the SEC Network:
State City Station(s) Affiliation
Tennessee
Chattanooga WDSI; WFLI FOX; CW

UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics - Multimedia

There could be a bit of confusion about which channel it would be on in Chattanooga.

Hope you have a good day, and thanks for the info.

I don't know what that is. I don't live in Chatt. I was supposed to drive back home this weekend to watch the game with my mom and my brother.

Its Madison Square Garden Network and its on channel 634 on Direct TV. I believe its in the sports package that costs 12.95 a month. You can cancel anytime. Also WatchEspn has it.

cheap ass? Idk about charter, but the game was $121 plus fees/tax on comcast. That's a month of cable & internet for me, for one game. It's worth it if you're hosting several people, but we ended up going to Coconut Bay in Murfreesboro and spent around $35 on food and drinks. Great deal IMO

I've met a few skanks at Coconut Bay, when I come home to visit. 😃

What about dish? My local channels are all tri cities and no Knoxville stations.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

try channel 30 or 61. See what your guide says. It appears Dish does not carry MSG network. It will be whatever you get MyTV on. Maybe 36?

locations will help but there is a sticky with a link from UTsports at the top of the forum

VN Store

Back