Who thinks Tim Banks needs to go if he has a bad year?

Who sings Tim banks needs to go if he has a bad year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our defense has improved statistically every season since Banks got here. Objectively better each year. This years defense will be improved at all 3 levels over last years team...including the best and deepest Dline in the nation.

Foolish to even discuss getting rid of Banks. We are lucky to have him. Martinez has looked like the weak link on that side of the ball...but in fairness we had a HUGE talent deficit back there vs our rivals, and no coach can make up for smaller, slower DBs. Martinez is a hell of a recruiter though...we just landed a 6ft2 HIGH 4* corner today in Koninbanny. Boo is only a freshman. Our best corner is only a sophomore. The future is BRIGHT on offense and defense.

Gonna have to disagree with you on Martinez and the product he’s put on the field in the last three years. I’ve been calling for him to leave for the past two years. Time and time again, our secondary has made no-name QBs nobody’s ever heard of look like All-Americans. His unit has been our Achilles Heel every year. He owns this unit, as he has the past three seasons. He cleaned house this past offseason, including a lot of kids he recruited himself, I believe. All I ask for is an SEC-quality secondary. In my view, he’s yet to deliver that.

Ok I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I see he joined 11 days ago. We're not into worthless pollng, or polling at all. If you have an opinion, express it and people will agree or disagree. But stop the polling.

Watch it people have altars of Tim Banks around here. In all seriousness he would have to regress to be fired. The defense has improved every year technically. Plus if there’s a weak part this year it’ll probably be the secondary yet again. I’m not sure Banks is the right coach to go…we know who the real elephant in the room is.

Honestly i am amazed that over 20% of the voters said yes. Thats not accurate, as several posters here refused to vote saying its a dumb question due to being an obvious "no".

Defense has improved every season under Banks. Finished with 22nd ranked defense last season...playing an SEC schedule including Bama, UGA, and Mizzou with prolific offenses. Despite not putting a single defender in the NFL draft.

Majors was right. The "Legions of the Miserable" will never be pleased. Misery loves company after all.

Who thinks Tim banks needs to go if he has a bad year?
Absolute shite poll mate, but sure if he has a really bad year… he’s not going to though, and he’s gotten better every year he’s been here.

It’s honestly much more likely that we’re talking about giving him a raise next year after a great season, and you know that, so you’re being disingenuous with your poll.

Our defense has improved statistically every season since Banks got here. Objectively better each year. This years defense will be improved at all 3 levels over last years team...including the best and deepest Dline in the nation.

Foolish to even discuss getting rid of Banks. We are lucky to have him. Martinez has looked like the weak link on that side of the ball...but in fairness we had a HUGE talent deficit back there vs our rivals, and no coach can make up for smaller, slower DBs. Martinez is a hell of a recruiter though...we just landed a 6ft2 HIGH 4* corner today in Koninbanny. Boo is only a freshman. Our best corner is only a sophomore. The future is BRIGHT on offense and defense.
A friend of mine who is a UGA fan was very glad they let Martinez go. He supposedly didn't recruit at a very high level, recruited very short DBs, and didn't develop them well. I haven't been impressed at all with the secondary with him at UT. They have definitely been the weak link every year!!! I am tired of seeing them NEVER TURN THEIR HEADS to FIND THE BALL AS WELL!!!

Regarding Banks, I didn't want a Co-DC and didnt' want him to stay after year one. He still hasn't been an ELITE DC. I am not saying he isn't good. But, UT better have an ELITE DC should they want to be in the CFP every year or most every year! I hope he proves me wrong. But, I don't see him here in another couple of years.

Yes, you guys are right. TB has improved the D in several categories. But, the D was 42nd in 3rd down conversion percentage and would have been 8th in the conference with TX and OU in the SEC last year. The D has to get off the field and give the EXPLOSIVE O the ball more this year to be an ELITE TEAM! You can't continued to blame the time of possesion totally on the O for scoring too fast when the D can't get off the field on 3rd down! If TB can get in the top 10 in that category and maintain the higher ranks in all other categories, maybe he is on the way to being the ELITE DC UT needs!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: volfever007

VN Store

Back