Why Won't The US Fight Russia?

Oh gawd... can we stop bringing up Chamberlain every time we start to talk about negotiating peace?

Doesn't seem like Chamberlain negotiated anything ... more like he just walked away from the argument. A little like parents who give kids what they want to end a tantrum.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Or, we can mind our own damn business and worry about cleaning house over here. Russia already has witnessed from our example of empire building that it is expansive... not to mention their own troubles during the Soviet Era of trying to maintain an empire.
Expansive or expensive? I don't know if the Russians could have learned empire from us; they started theirs before we broke with the UK.

Expansive or expensive? I don't know if the Russians could have learned empire from us; they started theirs before we broke with the UK.
Expensive. The lesson they would have learned from us would have been over the last 20+ years in the Middle East.

But you can also say expansive, but in order for us to allegedly defend peace around the world (or defend the use of the USD), we had to have military bases dotted across the globe... which can get expensive.

Reactions: EasternVol
Chamberlain probably thought the same thing.
No one was ready to fight an offensive war at that point. Germany was already under huge, far worse than what Russia is facing, "sanctions". None of the nations had updated equipment. It was something dumb like one division of german tanks had more radio equipment then the entire french military. It's a big reason why they fell, they couldnt react to the blitz.

Had the allies been proactive they would have been fighting with WWI strategy, technology, and mindset.

And politically France wouldnt have stomached it. They were on the brink of communist uprisings, something like an offensive war probably would have stirred them up more. You want to imagine Europe if France had gone commie with the Soviets?

The easy answer is that they have nukes. Well. So do we and ours are probably in far better shape than their nuclear arsenal. I feel ashamed of this country right now. We encourage people to support a hopeless resistance in the name of principles that we claim to hold dear and we won't support them with our might. Unless the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq depleted our own arsenal to the point that we can't wage war, I feel like we should be able to beat the hell out the Russian army. After WWII we said never again. It's happening again and we're really not doing anything. I don't get it.
This isn’t the war we need to volunteer for. This is one we don’t get involved in until we absolutely have to. By then, we all better have made peace with God. Makes me sick to think of how politicians have become so powerful that their individual opinions can end life as we know it and we as people still follow and fight for those opinions while they crawl into their bunkers and leave US to deal with it on the surface. All you gun owners better stock up and all you anti-gunners better start digging because this could get extremely bad, extremely quick. Now you know why we need an AR-15.

Reactions: LittleVol
World history isn’t kind to country’s that spend all their time fighting wars. USA needs to take a decade or two off. Let somebody fight for awhile.
Only Rocky Marciano and Floyd Mayweather can go undefeated. Eventually, time runs out on the rest of us...

The easy answer is that they have nukes. Well. So do we and ours are probably in far better shape than their nuclear arsenal. I feel ashamed of this country right now. We encourage people to support a hopeless resistance in the name of principles that we claim to hold dear and we won't support them with our might. Unless the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq depleted our own arsenal to the point that we can't wage war, I feel like we should be able to beat the hell out the Russian army. After WWII we said never again. It's happening again and we're really not doing anything. I don't get it.
Yeah! Let's start THE APOCALYPSE LIKE REAL MEN!

Oh yes great idea. Let’s go to war, cost American lives, inevitably get china involved, start WW3, and make rich politicians and the people that pay them to make decisions richer than they already are. Brilliant idea

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
You are crazy. Minsk II would have been the bloodless and more diplomatic solution. But instead, you want Murica to whip out the nuclear d*ck and risk the annihilation of mankind. We have to come to the realization that we wasted our blessing and we now live in a multipolar world. The days of unconditional terms and dishonest negotiations are coming to an end. Now we are going to be forced to be honest brokers and be prepared to make concessions.
Quisling

You are spot on. The death and destruction heaped upon the world is coming. Failure to provide them with the arms, including Migs, F16s, A10 Warthogs, will have long term implications.

Last edited:
On Neville Chamberlain, shortly after the infamous ‘appeasement’ of Hitler, 29th September 1938, Munich, Winston Churchill said:

“You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour and you will have war.”

Biden chose dishonor. We can expect war.

Reactions: AM64
If Biden had given the Ukrainians the $85 billion worth of equipment Joe Biden left in Afghanistan, the world would be in a better place.

Reactions: AM64
On Neville Chamberlain, shortly after the infamous ‘appeasement’ of Hitler, 29th September 1938, Munich, Winston Churchill said:

“You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour and you will have war.”

Biden chose dishonor. We can expect war.
There was a 3rd option for Biden and the US. Chose humility and broker in good faith.

VN Store

Back