Will McCarthy be SOH?

So I am here watching Hannity and Gowdy talking about ****. Gowdy..you are a POS in the vein of Ryan..All hat and no cattle. So GTFO

Carlson: If McCarthy Wants to Be Speaker, He Should Agree to Release All January 6 Files

During his Tuesday broadcast, FNC host Tucker Carlson spoke approvingly of the gridlock in the House of Representatives over electing the next House Speaker, calling it “democracy in action.”

However, Carlson suggested McCarthy agree to release all files regarding the January 6, 2021 Capitol Hill riot and put Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) in charge of a Church-style committee to investigate the FBI and other intelligence agencies.

Partial transcript as follows:
Mr cut and paste is out in full force

One big political party looking for status quo

Shall we make a list?

Tired of this crap of lies.

In some respects I almost hope McCarthy aligns himself with the Dems and shows us all the truth. All for his massive ego and the swamp.

True.

I honestly believe if Trump is still a factor (i.e. got a pulse and not legally banned from public office) in the 24 election, we'll see a 3rd party run.

And why not? Who the F would want to vote for one-foot-in-grave Biden v. I'm you're tyrant Trump. The 2-party system has been coughing up furballs for candidates for a long time (yeah, you, HRC).

We're overdue for a centrist.
We had a centrist president. His name was Trump.

Reactions: AM64
Shall we make a list?

Tired of this crap of lies.

In some respects I almost hope McCarthy aligns himself with the Dems and shows us all the truth. All for his massive ego and the swamp.
A CA Republican not named Reagan is disappointing us? Rinse and repeat nominee

While education may not be a "fundamental right" under the Constitution, the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment requires that when a state establishes a public school system (as in Texas), no child living in that state may be denied equal access to schooling.

/end

Even if we wanted to address this potential problem at the federal level regarding k-12 education, we do not need a huge agency with over 4K employees in Washington D.C. with an annual budget of 100's of billions of dollars.

22summary.pdf (ed.gov)

You could get away with 100 employees for that. 2 employees to monitor each state to see if any lawsuits fell through the cracks and needed to be referred to the DOJ.

The majority of money of the department of education is spent on 3 things: Work study programs, Pell grants, and student loans. The federal government should not be involved in any of these things, Work study programs should be designed and administered through the college using that program. States should set their own financial guidelines as to what income would qualify for state aid. The federal government should not be involved in student loans at all. End student loans and watch college costs drop like a rock.

There used to be a time where you could work for a summer to pay tuition. The government got involved and now you would need to work for 2-3 years to pay the annual tuition. Most everything government gets involved with they make substantially worse.

The No Child Left Behind disaster signed by Bush ruined k-12 education, or what was left of it. Now teachers are required to teach to national tests and schools are funded based on the % of kids that are "passing" each grade. That is why kids pass but still don't know anything. The school district has to get their federal funds, actual learning be damned.

Eliminate the Department of Education!!!!

Now, would you like to pick another agency so we can discuss how it should be eliminated?

Last edited:
We had a centrist president. His name was Trump.
A „Centrist“ President will indeed appear one day and he (or she) will be the most dangerous executive in the history of the Republic. For all their faults, both parties have a platform based on a philosophy of government and first principles. The parties actually willingly give us some voters to stay true to that philosophy. Someone who runs as a declared centrist will be one who has no First principles but will appeal masses, trying to be all things to all people and telling people what they want to hear. Fear that person. They will be the harbinger of destruction and true demagoguery.

Oh please. Pure rhetoric.

Reality: our government works within the legal boundaries of the constitution while ignorant, malcontent, hillbilly rabble rousers throw meaningless barbs about.

Exhibit 1: You.

Exhibit 1 would be the 10th Amendment. The one that says that all other things are left to the states thing.

Mike Rogers and any of the clowns that follow him should be primaried going into 2024 if they cut a deal with the Democrats. They just showed their true colors. Hell, should be primaried just for thinking about it, really.

To me that's the big difference between the dems and the republicans. Dems vote as a bloc. Republicans consider voting as a bloc - minus the usual Rinos, of course.

The NEW Congress-elect members are the ones voting otherwise Nancy would be elected by the old Dem majority.

OK, I'm missing something. If the new members aren't sworn in yet, how are they voting? If the new congress has no speaker to swear members in, how does congress not collapse and go away? Seems like there's a lot of circular stuff, and it doesn't make sense ... not really surprising since congress seems to make up chit on the fly. I'll admit I prefer keeping my sanity to studying how congress supposedly works, so there's plenty I don't know about the "rules".

OK, I'm missing something. If the new members aren't sworn in yet, how are they voting? If the new congress has no speaker to swear members in, how does congress not collapse and go away? Seems like there's a lot of circular stuff, and it doesn't make sense ... not really surprising since congress seems to make up chit on the fly. I'll admit I prefer keeping my sanity to studying how congress supposedly works, so there's plenty I don't know about the "rules".
As long as they can’t vote on any bills they can’t screw anything up. Or send any of our money to foreign countries. I love the log jam.

Even if we wanted to address this potential problem at the federal level regarding k-12 education, we do not need a huge agency with over 4K employees in Washington D.C. with an annual budget of 100's of billions of dollars.

22summary.pdf (ed.gov)

You could get away with 100 employees for that. 2 employees to monitor each state to see if any lawsuits fell through the cracks and needed to be referred to the DOJ.

The majority of money of the department of education is spent on 3 things: Work study programs, Pell grants, and student loans. The federal government should not be involved in any of these things, Work study programs should be designed and administered through the college using that program. States should set their own financial guidelines as to what income would qualify for state aid. The federal government should not be involved in student loans at all. End student loans and watch college costs drop like a rock.

There used to be a time where you could work for a summer to pay tuition. The government got involved and now you would need to work for 2-3 years to pay the annual tuition. Most everything government gets involved with they make substantially worse.

The No Child Left Behind disaster signed by Bush ruined k-12 education, or what was left of it. Now teachers are required to teach to national tests and schools are funded based on the % of kids that are "passing" each grade. That is why kids pass but still don't know anything. The school district has to get their federal funds, actual learning be damned.

Eliminate the Department of Education!!!!

Now, would you like to pick another agency so we can discuss how it should be eliminated?

I'd also nominate the other DOE for elimination. Doesn't seem like the feds know much about energy either.

Reactions: 825VOL
This is awesome.
Keep it shut down.
All that stuff they're claiming to want to do. They won't actually do that.
Best Congress ever.

Because you need a Speaker to swear in the members. There is no Congress without a Speaker. Literally.
Thank you for stating the obvious while not addressing my question. Why is this bad? What has congress done well lately? Why should any American be excited about a new congress?

Thank you for stating the obvious while not addressing my question. Why is this bad? What has congress done well lately? Why should any American be excited about a new congress?

It still seems fascinating that members of the house who are not sworn in can elect a speaker so they can be sworn in, and that without a speaker the house is impotent and not ceasing to exist. It's no wonder the place is so screwed up - some of the basics make no sense, so how could they get the complex stuff right.

Reactions: MG1968

VN Store

Back