Will You Recognize and Support the Presidential Election Results?

Will You Recognize and Support the Presidential Election Results?

• Yes.

Votes: 71 88.8%
  • No.

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Why not just a fingerprint? Maybe both. A fingerprint would make it hard for the dead to vote.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with a fingerprint ID as long as the person putting the fingerprint in the ID system was properly identified - and that's the rub - how do you do that without proper picture ID, verification of address, citizenship, etc. Fingerprint ID works great on my phone. There has to be some kind of positive ID to start with - more than a signature or ID without a picture. My signature like most people's isn't what it was years ago when we actually used to write - not a good identifier any more.

72 has joked about voting in the three places he has property, and likely there are people who actually do that. My son moved away, registered elsewhere in TN, voted in an election or two there, and he still got a new voter ID here when our polling location moved. Election commissions have no clue if voters are registered in other locations or how many other locations. Maybe people are honest; maybe they aren't; but with open voting season, it's no problem to vote in multiple places. I know from what I've seen, I sure wouldn't worry about them catching up with me if I voted a few different places in the same election. To catch fraud, you actually do have to look.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with a fingerprint ID as long as the person putting the fingerprint in the ID system was properly identified - and that's the rub - how do you do that without proper picture ID, verification of address, citizenship, etc. Fingerprint ID works great on my phone. There has to be some kind of positive ID to start with - more than a signature or ID without a picture. My signature like most people's isn't what it was years ago when we actually used to write - not a good identifier any more.

72 has joked about voting in the three places he has property, and likely there are people who actually do that. My son moved away, registered elsewhere in TN, voted in an election or two there, and he still got a new voter ID here when our polling location moved. Election commissions have no clue if voters are registered in other locations or how many other locations. Maybe people are honest; maybe they aren't; but with open voting season, it's no problem to vote in multiple places. I know from what I've seen, I sure wouldn't worry about them catching up with me if I voted a few different places in the same election. To catch fraud, you actually do have to look.
National database of every citizens exact district or voting precinct would be problematic.

A picture of what you looked like when the picture was taken is better than a fingerprint picture?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

National database of every citizens exact district or voting precinct would be problematic.

Agreed. It would mean first of all that a lot of bureaucrats would have to get off their butts and do something for a change. It's a lot easier to sit and just claim there's no such thing as voter fraud. They are beginning to add qualifiers like "systemic" now, so I guess they are hedging their butts bets now.

Ok, I’m good with that. Bring a utility bill.

Mick that‘s a gas, water or electric bill. You’ve probably heard your parents bitching about them.
I pay those bills in a couple states. What now?

In my area early voting is in a large, one story bldg. Lots of parking. Easy in and out. And close to the economic center of town. When I voted, i voted early and it was less than a 5 min event.
Same in my precinct.

Reactions: AM64
Biggest problem in mine is finding a place to park. Campus police treat Election Day like the lottery with parking tickets.
I go to a polling place about 15 minutes from work and there’s plenty of parking and no lines when I’ve gone during early voting.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back