Will you take the CCP Virus vaccine? Why/why not

• Yes

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 80 52.3%
  • Undecided (include why)

Votes: 20 13.1%

• Total voters
If I were 60+ with asthma, COPD, or something other underlying Heath condition.....maybe.

No one is taking sanitizing to an extreme in our office. I do appreciate their conscientiousness, however.

No doubt, we provide that even at the bowling alley. Before we ended up closed to the public, we had a timer at the desk. every time it went off, the bathrooms got cleaned, tables, counters, screens, etc. At my full-time job, we get our temp taken every morning we come in. We keep to our office when at all possible, etc.

I'm talking about obsessive and constant handwashing and sanitizing. Not, customary frequency, but OCD. But, I also might have misunderstood. I thought you were in medical field, which is why I asked the question of you.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
will wait to hear:

1. How long immunity lasts - if I already have the antibody do I need it or is this an annual situation.
2. Effectiveness estimates - some years they get the flu shot right; some years not so much

Same here.

I will wait for some more information and since I'm pretty sure me and the wife have already had it I'll wait for a test to confirm before I take the vaccine.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
You have to admit pig sty wallowing is an absurd and funny image. No one is taking sanitizing to an extreme in our office. I do appreciate their conscientiousness, however.

Oh, you got credit for that chuckle. Even if you get a little deranged sometimes by my definition, you are far better at the humor than Septic, and Luth and their posse.

Oh, you got credit for that chuckle. Even if you get a little deranged sometimes by my definition, you are far better at the humor than Septic, and Luth and their posse.

Heh, at what point did you think I've tried to make a funny?

Same here.

I will wait for some more information and since I'm pretty sure me and the wife have already had it I'll wait for a test to confirm before I take the vaccine.

Yeah, I'm speculating that we had it too. Especially her. She had flu back to back weeks. IIRC, the second bout was not technically positive for flu. they gave her Tamiflu the first time, and that new one pill treatment the second. During her second bout, my cough and congestion I had been battling kicked up a notch and had some brief mild fever to boot. Granted it would have been my version of catching something, but it wasn't normal even by my standards. Which also has me speculating my son has my immune system. He was in the house with us, and has yet to even contract a cold this whole season. from her bouts with illness to being at school till disbanded. and he was in close quarters with baseball practice and games at the time. I'm still sore about losing his junior baseball season, and his senior season in football being in question. I did not get to relive the spring of my youth thru him this year and there ain't much left of his high school career. But, I digress.

Heh, at what point did you think I've tried to make a funny?

Truth be told, that ship sailed long ago. Otherwise you're not much different than all of us. some days we are all extra wacky, some days sorta normal. Most days some are a lot more unhinged than everyone else, on a fairly consistent basis.

You're probably the least unhinged of that group of unhinged posters, by my observations.

Since I have been in healthcare for over 20 years I won’t be jumping in the front of the line. I have witnessed many drugs, treatments, etc that were once deemed safe only to be recalled later.

The panic of this whole deal saddens me.

Reactions: GVF
Im not saying the vaccine is worthless. It has its uses for sure, especially if proven safe and effective.

I am concerned about the solution for this problem being made by the same people who helped cause the problem.

And what we see in today's politics, that is a profound observation to say the least.

That's my point. It's why we need a new flu vax every year but vax for things like the measels tend to keep working...

Which is why I'm not against childhood immunizations, but very selective on myself taking flu shots and such. There is that one controversial immunization for kids, but my son had no complications from it.

Because the side effects are minimal, more often than not they get it right and at minimum it will mitigate symptoms if you do get the flu. Study after study shows it greatly reduces hospital stays.
I've never went to the hospital in my life the few times I was battling the flu.

I guess it is hard when you are suffering from TDS.

I don't suffer from it, I've embraced it and don't see its application as a pejorative. We've been over this before, still taking your Aricept?

Maybe they'll have better luck than they have with SARS and MERS. Still no vaccine for them yet.

From the statistics I've viewed and tried to interpret, those, in hindsight, seem to be not so wide spread in terms of what would be considered an outbreak. SARS has less than 1000 cases a year. It is considered rare, even though it is a similar corona respiratory virus. MERS is relatively low risk in the US thus far. only two total cases in 5 years plus.

From the statistics I've viewed and tried to interpret, those, in hindsight, seem to be not so wide spread in terms of what would be considered an outbreak. SARS has less than 1000 cases a year. It is considered rare, even though it is a similar corona respiratory virus. MERS is relatively low risk in the US thus far. only two total cases in 5 years plus.

I think they are much harder to spread

That's my point. It's why we need a new flu vax every year but vax for things like the measels tend to keep working...
Is it a brand new vax or just a different combo of the most likely strains?

I think they are much harder to spread

I've scanned over the info on them stemming from the discussions in this thread, and while they would be transmitted in much the same way, they are harder like you say. Maybe more close contact needed.

No doubt, we provide that even at the bowling alley. Before we ended up closed to the public, we had a timer at the desk. every time it went off, the bathrooms got cleaned, tables, counters, screens, etc. At my full-time job, we get our temp taken every morning we come in. We keep to our office when at all possible, etc.

I'm talking about obsessive and constant handwashing and sanitizing. Not, customary frequency, but OCD. But, I also might have misunderstood. I thought you were in medical field, which is why I asked the question of you.

I think I am OCD about everything except cleanliness. I worked with a guy who was and his hands looked like a skinned rabbit.

I've never went to the hospital in my life the few times I was battling the flu.
I'm sure that's the case for most folks. I know I've tested positive for it once and they just threw tamiflu at me and said go home and don't breathe on anybody.

Reactions: McDad
Is it a brand new vax or just a different combo of the most likely strains?

It's both, the viruses mutate each year and there are different mutations for each strain. This is why it's so difficult to eradicate it - if they miss on the mutation even by a little, thae antibody's the vax is supposed to produce completely miss the receptors on the virus.

VN Store

Back