Woke companies are crazy

Employment is voluntary so if you feel your employer is infringing upon your beliefs its because you let them.
Can an hiring employee be allowed to discriminate on his own personal beliefs??? Your essentially giving the overreach from government to corporations, how does changing 1 form of population control to another make it better

Reactions: GVF
This is where the libertarian arguements begin to be challenged because there is clear evidence (even admissions) of govt working in concert with these media and social media companies. The possibility of the govt encouraging or coercing private sector entities to impose mandates is along those same lines.

There is no libertarian answer as of yet for combating these fascistic measures.

Not just libertarians are being challenged, Republicans are also.

Can an hiring employee be allowed to discriminate on his own personal beliefs??? Your essentially giving the overreach from government to corporations, how does changing 1 form of population control to another make it better

No, I want government completely out of the hiring/firing/service decisions of businesses.

This is where the libertarian arguements begin to be challenged because there is clear evidence (even admissions) of govt working in concert with these media and social media companies. The possibility of the govt encouraging or coercing private sector entities to impose mandates is along those same lines.

There is no libertarian answer as of yet for combating these fascistic measures.
This is where a check and balances are supposed to come into play...goverments and business should and i stress should be about serving customers, constituents, making goods and profiting..there is should be no bias in a buisness or government

No, I want government completely out of the hiring/firing/service decisions of businesses.
But your giving the same power to buisness. Your fi e with getting punched in the face as long as its not by the 6'6 350 beast but a 6'4 300 beast..either wayas an individual your getting punched either qau

But your giving the same power to buisness. Your fi e with getting punched in the face as long as its not by the 6'6 350 beast but a 6'4 300 beast..either wayas an individual your getting punched either qau

Any interaction I have with a business is voluntary, can't say the same of the government.

Reactions: AM64
To my knowledge none of our clients implemented a vaccine mandate and all complain about staffing shortages. We damn sure don't have a vaccine requirement and still having trouble filling spots.
I’m aware. But things are already bad enough without forcing stupid draconian over reaching mandates that are none of your damn business now are they? Any such mandate is likely to aggravate an already difficult hiring situation was what I was alluding to.

Reactions: GVF
Any interaction I have with a business is voluntary, can't say the same of the government.
Not entirely true...even homesteads need seeds, Fertilizer, electric, tools.......uf business got together collectivly, they wipe out an entire demographic.....social media and what happend with another buisness trying to add another spurce .was block by a completly different companies refusal to give people access to it, that type of buisness practice is ok to you? Could you imagine the impact in say small towns or black urban communities..they would be over run....

I’m aware. But things are already bad enough without forcing stupid draconian over reaching mandates that are none of your damn business now are they? Any such mandate is likely to aggravate an already difficult hiring situation was what I was alluding to.

That is an understatement. If the black population is one of the largest, if not the largest sub-group refusing vaccines, then is the government that forbids discriminatory hiring practices based on everything, not then forcing you implement discriminatory hiring practices by discriminating against the one racial sector (using the guise of vaccine mandates) that has a history in this country of being discriminated against.

So what most of you aren’t connecting the dots with is as a small business owner hogg just wants the freedoms to run his business without interference. Just like we as employees don’t want to work for an over reaching draconian company. However he’s right in that if you don’t like the company you aren’t forced to stay. Likewise him advocating having the option of forcing any such thing as a mandate /= he intends to do any such thing.

The real issue is the dumbass government inserted itself into a situation at equilibrium and completely upset the apple cart. As usual.

Nobody was considering any such an act as possible two years ago yet with the current dumbass in the WH here we are. And it makes employees AND employers both uneasy.

That is an understatement. If the black population is one of the largest, if not the largest sub-group refusing vaccines, then is the government that forbids discriminatory hiring practices based on everything, not then forcing you implement discriminatory hiring practices by discriminating against the one racial sector (using the guise of vaccine mandates) that has a history in this country of being discriminated against.
Honestly I think the act of forcing any such mandate across all races and ethnicities is discriminatory in and of itself and the ******* Feds should be cast out over it. Yeah I know but a guy can dream

No doubt that they would.

Not entirely true...even homesteads need seeds, Fertilizer, electric, tools.......uf business got together collectivly, they wipe out an entire demographic.....social media and what happend with another buisness trying to add another spurce .was block by a completly different companies refusal to give people access to it, that type of buisness practice is ok to you? Could you imagine the impact in say small towns or black urban communities..they would be over run....

Lay off the sci-fi and conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So what most of you aren’t connecting the dots with is as a small business owner hogg just wants the freedoms to run his business without interference. Just like we as employees don’t want to work for an over reaching draconian company. However he’s right in that if you don’t like the company you aren’t forced to stay. Likewise him advocating having the option of forcing any such thing as a mandate /= he intends to do any such thing.

The real issue is the dumbass government inserted itself into a situation at equilibrium and completely upset the apple cart. As usual.

Nobody was considering any such an act as possible two years ago yet with the current dumbass in the WH here we are. And it makes employees AND employers both uneasy.

Exactly. What's next is my biggest question. Which side is going to issue the next mandate and stick their nose into my business?

Just get out of my way, I'll be fair with employees because if I'm not I won't have any and quickly be out of business.

Lay off the sci-fi and conspiracy theories.
It happen..apple and google refusing to carry certain apps..making getting them difficult...seems like you perfectly fine with overreach and infringing on people rights as long as its you doing...

It happen..apple and google refusing to carry certain apps..making getting them difficult...seems like you perfectly fine with overreach and infringing on people rights as long as its you doing...

I despise some of the decisions many of these big tech firms have made but I respect their right to make decisions I disagree with.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Exactly. What's next is my biggest question. Which side is going to issue the next mandate and stick their nose into my business?

Just get out of my way, I'll be fair with employees because if I'm not I won't have any and quickly be out of business.
I missed where all the airlines and hospitals shut down due to the vax mandate.....if anything covid and the vax has shown us is people will following something potentially harmful just to stay employed...

Yeah, there is. Answers that are as old as libertarian thought....if there is government coercion/force, then we need to oppose it through government channels. If there is no government coercion, then we should not use government channels to oppose it. In either case, we should use market forces if we want to oppose it.

Maybe you shouldn't have allowed govt to grow so big

-libertarian

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't see how those employees will hit the lottery unless the employee made a legitimate request for an accomodation based on disability/religion/medical and the employer did not make a good faith effort to fulfill that request.

Many didn’t. It was jab or get gone.

The businesses that allowed a guy who has not held a private job in the last 50 years dictate to them how to run their business deserves what they get.

The businesses that allowed a guy who has not held a private job in the last 50 years dictate to them how to run their business deserves what they get.

Same with the regular employees that voted for him.

Many didn’t. It was jab or get gone.

Did those employees ask for an accomodation? Was an accomodation possible? If the employee did not ask for an accomodation and they were terminated, that's on the employee.

If a business institutes a mandate, they have to live with their choice in this tight labor market.

Reactions: hog88
Why should businesses/ corporations be able to infringe on individual rights???? A business is created by an individual.... but is not held to the same tax laws as an individuals... there are numerous differences between the 2..

So employers shouldn't require employees to wear safety gear or follow safety precautions? Perhaps an employer sees a parallel between confined space entry and a workspace teeming with a contagious virus and prefers to take the safe path? There is that old saying about he who has the gold makes the rules; seems like an employer runs the place, faces the risks, and should have the opportunity to set rules to minimize risks. What happens in a litigious society when an employee contracts covid on the job, dies from it, and the spouse sues the employer for failing to maintain a safe work environment?

VN Store

Back