Woke companies are crazy

Yet youā€™re ok with taking away freedom from other people.
Not at all. But the key word is ā€œpeopleā€. Iā€™m ok with taking away this phantom freedom thatā€™s itā€™s ok to impose your opinions on everyone and change the way they live because of those opinions. Bidenā€™s ā€œopinionā€ donā€™t mean chit to me. Neither does BLMs or Antifas. Lori Lighfoots ā€œopinionsā€ on the way someone should live has made Chicago a war zone. Should we listen to her?

Look. I understand what youā€™re saying and I would agree pre mandate. However, Desantis had to take drastic measures to counter a drastic overreach. I get that and I wish you did too. Unfortunately, if you donā€™t counter THIS particular ā€œwrongā€ with another wrong, Biden wins and the people suffer. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ll never say Desantis was wrong. He did what he had to do.

Reactions: DonjoVol
My wife works for a global leader in their industry. Wednesday, she received an email encouraging all employees to wear purple in support for LGBTQ+ co workers. Never mind all of the employees work from home and no one sees what they wear. Itā€™s all ā€œabout being supportive of each other. ā€œ

Then Thursday, she received a email from the same HR dept saying they have 6 weeks to get vaxxed or they will be terminated. This stupid company HQ doesnā€™t realize they are in an industry right now where ā€œtalent is in demandā€. This company wrote about it only 11 months ago. Unlike hospitals where graduates of nursing schools occur routinely, this industry must have experienced & talented people. So much for supporting each other.

It is crazy that companies let a guy who has never worked in private sector for last 50+ years, if ever, dictate to them what to do.
I identify as vaccinated this week, my pronouns are vaxx she, vaxxed her and fully vaccinated they, since we get to choose who we are in this day and age.
Who is a company to tell me to get a shot as I identify as vaxxed? Isnā€™t that identity discrimination.
How dare they not support me.
The silliness of this post is brought to you by the crazy loons who will pick up any cause, triple down on it and step on our freedom of self determination at the same time.
Thatā€™s ok, next week Iā€™m going to identify as a hospital admin. Itā€™ll involve rectal cranial inversion and several self loathing pronouns.
Iā€™m watching this all happen. One of my favorite nurses is leaving and going to Florida. I pointed out to her that it could change in a couple of years. She said right now I donā€™t care, I left Russia because of this behavior and will not have my daughter raised that way.

Reactions: DonjoVol
That just sounds crazy as hell. They are originated from aborted fetal tissue. Period. To somebody hard over on usage of that tissue regardless how many times itā€™s been harvested like a sour dough loaf itā€™s still originated from that original tissue. If the Vatican sided with the tissue not being fetal in origin then they sold out.
They have completely sold out. They are the second engine in that train. Catholic health services has signed on.

Do you personally believe everyone should take the Covid vaccine?
I don't think you see the point they are arguing. The companies should be able to set whatever rules for employment they want. They're not making to case for mandatory vaccinations.

It's a subtle distinction in the conversation.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
I donā€™t honestly know how they can challenge any religious exemption request.

ā€œI claim an exemption based on religious groundsā€

ā€œOh so your religion is against vaccines? Could you explain that to the company representative Father Fauci?ā€

ā€œNo I canā€™t but my attorney certainly canā€
U S C VII doesnā€™t specify all the hoops the EO wants us to jump through. I thought there was a county wide injunction as to the constitutionality and loss on merits of the EO?

U S C VII doesnā€™t specify all the hoops the EO wants us to jump through. I thought there was a county wide injunction as to the constitutionality and loss on merits of the EO?
I do believe there are now country wide injunctions on both the federal contractor and private employer over 100 employee overreach BS mandates until they at least get ruled on by a federal court.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
30 common medications that used fetal cell lines during research and development. The list includes acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft.
Thatā€™s great, I donā€™t use any of those products.

I do believe there are now country wide injunctions on both the federal contractor and private employer over 100 employee overreach BS mandates until they at least get ruled on by a federal court.
https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2021/11/NationwideInjunction.pdf
I think they went too wide with the EO and itā€™s very arbitrary. It effects 10.3 million employees nationwide. As long as there are exclusions to the mandate, it will fail.
I could sue my hospital for putting covid pts in positive airway rooms with no anterooms. Under osha laws for negative ventilation for infection my employer didnā€™t protect me and others from covid transmissibility. Class action suits might get their attention.

Last edited:
Nobody should be forced to take it. And as far as I'm concerned it is no one's business except for my fiance and son if I've had it or not.
I've never said anyone should be forced and that's not what you asked. Seems you're not quite sure where you're headed with this argument

I've never said anyone should be forced and that's not what you asked. Seems you're not quite sure where you're headed with this argument
Just trying to see what your personal views on that subject are.

You think the health department should be able to inspect restaurants to ensure they are following proper health guidelines? Or should that restaurant owner be able to refuse to allow the health department on their premises?

Reactions: AM64
I don't think you see the point they are arguing. The companies should be able to set whatever rules for employment they want. They're not making to case for mandatory vaccinations.

It's a subtle distinction in the conversation.
We are also having this conversation because many businesses and organizations are trying to mandate vaccinations. Vaccine mandates have also become highly politicized. Therefore, management in companies could be forcing their political beliefs onto others.

This vaccine should not be a condition of employment or a condition of someone keeping their employment. People also should not be forced to wear a mask because they haven't had it or be forced to take weekly testing. Some people are trying to create a second class of citizens due to vaccination status. And one party in particular has been encouraging businesses to have vaccine mandates.

And what's next? Are they going to mandate birth control? Can they mandate anyone they feel is overweight to go on a diet?

Not at all. But the key word is ā€œpeopleā€. Iā€™m ok with taking away this phantom freedom thatā€™s itā€™s ok to impose your opinions on everyone and change the way they live because of those opinions. Bidenā€™s ā€œopinionā€ donā€™t mean chit to me. Neither does BLMs or Antifas. Lori Lighfoots ā€œopinionsā€ on the way someone should live has made Chicago a war zone. Should we listen to her?

Look. I understand what youā€™re saying and I would agree pre mandate. However, Desantis had to take drastic measures to counter a drastic overreach. I get that and I wish you did too. Unfortunately, if you donā€™t counter THIS particular ā€œwrongā€ with another wrong, Biden wins and the people suffer. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ll never say Desantis was wrong. He did what he had to do.

No, DeSantis could have simply said Bidenā€™s vaccine mandates were null and void in the state of FL. Anyone attempting to enforce a Biden mandate will be arrested and charged with (prosecutors make **** up all the time) whatever. He could have countered Biden without infringing on the rights of a big segment of people.

No, DeSantis could have simply said Bidenā€™s vaccine mandates were null and void in the state of FL. Anyone attempting to enforce a Biden mandate will be arrested and charged with (prosecutors make **** up all the time) whatever. He could have countered Biden without infringing on the rights of a big segment of people.
Agree to disagree. I wouldnā€™t want to be anywhere else at a time like this

Why should businesses/ corporations be able to infringe on individual rights???? A business is created by an individual.... but is not held to the same tax laws as an individuals... there are numerous differences between the 2..

We are also having this conversation because many businesses and organizations are trying to mandate vaccinations. Vaccine mandates have also become highly politicized. Therefore, management in companies could be forcing their political beliefs onto others.

This vaccine should not be a condition of employment or a condition of someone keeping their employment. People also should not be forced to wear a mask because they haven't had it or be forced to take weekly testing. Some people are trying to create a second class of citizens due to vaccination status. And one party in particular has been encouraging businesses to have vaccine mandates.

And what's next? Are they going to mandate birth control? Can they mandate anyone they feel is overweight to go on a diet?
I'm no fan of these mandates... lets get that out there. I think that the uncomfortable consequence of believing in laissez-faire economics is that private sector should have the liberties to run their businesses as they please. The issue that many on the right (or more specifically most libertarians) have is that they don't have an answer or rebuttal to the idea of the govt using influence or coercion to get these companies to make these decisions.

If all things were equal and we still live in a free country, the companies that chose to have mandates would end up competing for employees and customers with the companies that do not.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Agree to disagree. I wouldnā€™t want to be anywhere else at a time like this
Just like we don't know the long term effects of this vaccine, we don't know the long term ramifications of this action by DeSantis. Short term victory? Less. But on the long haul, this could end up being a problem.

Why should businesses/ corporations be able to infringe on individual rights???? A business is created by an individual.... but is not held to the same tax laws as an individuals... there are numerous differences between the 2..
You make a good point here, also. The idea of "rights" should only go to individuals, not businesses.

I think there is room for a serious discussion on the right about a lot of the never-before-seen stuff that has popped up over the last 20+ months.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Just like we don't know the long term effects of this vaccine, we don't know the long term ramifications of this action by DeSantis. Short term victory? Less. But on the long haul, this could end up being a problem.
Canā€™t imagine how. You have a choice here. Desantis is not ā€œantiā€ vaxx. Heā€™s only saying ā€œyour body, your choiceā€ and that you will not have to choose between feeding your family or taking a shot that, like you said, we donā€™t know the long term effects of. Desantis himself is vaccinated per report.

Canā€™t imagine how. You have a choice here. Desantis is not ā€œantiā€ vaxx. Heā€™s only saying ā€œyour body, your choiceā€ and that you will not have to choose between feeding your family or taking a shot that, like you said, we donā€™t know the long term effects of. Desantis himself is vaccinated per report.
You don't get it. DeSantis wins in this instance by limiting the ability of the private sector to make a particular decision regarding employment. What will happen in a few years if a Democrat/liberal comes in and decides to build off of the precedent that DeSantis has set and choses to mandate the private sector goes "woke" with their employment choices?

VN Store

Back