Woke companies are crazy

We are also having this conversation because many businesses and organizations are trying to mandate vaccinations. Vaccine mandates have also become highly politicized. Therefore, management in companies could be forcing their political beliefs onto others.

This vaccine should not be a condition of employment or a condition of someone keeping their employment. People also should not be forced to wear a mask because they haven't had it or be forced to take weekly testing. Some people are trying to create a second class of citizens due to vaccination status. And one party in particular has been encouraging businesses to have vaccine mandates.

And what's next? Are they going to mandate birth control? Can they mandate anyone they feel is overweight to go on a diet?
This may address your concerns if we have a free and fair market.

Panic? US Mega-Corporations Rush To Abandon Vax Mandate | ZeroHedge

Reactions: wmcovol
You don't get it. DeSantis wins in this instance by limiting the ability of the private sector to make a particular decision regarding employment. What will happen in a few years if a Democrat/liberal comes in and decides to build off of the precedent that DeSantis has set and choses to mandate the private sector goes "woke" with their employment choices?
I don’t think that’ll be happening any time soon. Florida is about as red as red gets. Not many vote democrat here and liberals are not very popular

I don’t think that’ll be happening any time soon. Florida is about as red as red gets. Not many vote democrat here and liberals are not very popular
And you, sir, are part of the problem. Just kick the can down the road and we'll deal with the consequences when they get here.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
And you, sir, are part of the problem. Just kick the can down the road and we'll deal with the consequences when they get here.
I tend to like things the way they are and un tampered with. Call it a problem if you like. I call it “don’t fix what ain’t broken”.

Come to Tampa/ St. Pete. or Miami. And with all the transplants from NY, Chicago. and Ca., who knows? Though I did get to introduce myself today to a Blount Co Vol who was looking at a house in our subdivision.

Reactions: 1vol8
Unfairly terminated? Do you think you have a right to your job?

You have a right to say what you put in your body and to get terminated over an executive (I use the term loosely with braindead at the helm) order that has been ruled unconstitutional by courts makes these employers libel. Nothing about these terminations were job performance. It was all about the jab.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
Come to Tampa/ St. Pete. or Miami. And with all the transplants from NY, Chicago. and Ca., who knows? Though I did get to introduce myself today to a Blount Co Vol who was looking at a house in our subdivision.
There are areas that lean democrat. Like the villages I’m sure does because most are northern transplants. However I can say I see a LOT of FJB t shirts out there too. So I’m not quite sure

You have a right to say what you put in your body and to get terminated over an executive (I use the term loosely with braindead at the helm) order that has been ruled unconstitutional by courts makes these employers libel. Nothing about these terminations were job performance. It was all about the jab.

Question? Should an employer be held liable for terminating an employee for refusing to wear PPE even though it's not mandated by OSHA?

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Question? Should an employer be held liable for terminating an employee for refusing to wear PPE even though it's not mandated by OSHA?

I'd check up on OSHA rules. The PPE we REQUIRED employees to wear was because of OSHA rules. And could be fined heavily for not enforcing. Then there was PPE, or safety rules we implemented that would strongly align with OSHA guidelines, though not a specific OSHA rule and would stand up in court. For instance, one company had a safety rule of no rings, watches, or jewelry of any kind on the production floor. A guy who is now a high up manager is missing a finger from his maintenance days when his ring got caught on a duct bolt while he was up on a ladder and the incident that transpired ripped his ring finger off. Though jewelry may be a broad stroke with OSHA, this rule was a preventive safety measure, and has stood the test of time in this company.

I'd check up on OSHA rules. The PPE we REQUIRED employees to wear was because of OSHA rules. And could be fined heavily for not enforcing. Then there was PPE, or safety rules we implemented that would strongly align with OSHA guidelines, though not a specific OSHA rule and would stand up in court. For instance, one company had a safety rule of no rings, watches, or jewelry of any kind on the production floor. A guy who is now a high up manager is missing a finger from his maintenance days when his ring got caught on a duct bolt while he was up on a ladder and the incident that transpired ripped his ring finger off. Though jewelry may be a broad stroke with OSHA, this rule was a preventive safety measure, and has stood the test of time in this company.

We require high viz vest/shirt/jacket, wear steel toe boots and have eye/hearing protection on person when working on at a clients facility even in areas OSHA doesn't require it. I feel pretty confident we're not in danger of being sued should we terminate an employee for refusing to wear the prescribed PPE.

Reactions: AM64
Well since they can remove the PPE after their shift and only need it while on your property or job site sure. Get back to me when you get a vax they can uninstall after their shift. Kthxbai!

That was a really really dumb equivalence try hog.

No, they can't in most circumstances. If an employee has a disability or religious reason for not wearing a mask and the employer does not attempt to make a reasonable accomodation, then yes, a suit is possible.

Reactions: whodeycin85
We require high viz vest/shirt/jacket, wear steel toe boots and have eye/hearing protection on person when working on at a clients facility even in areas OSHA doesn't require it. I feel pretty confident we're not in danger of being sued should we terminate an employee for refusing to wear the prescribed PPE.

I'd say not. Those are pretty specific requirements in most companies, especially subcontractor visitors. And OSHA never complains about a company enhancing their rules to improve a safe work place beyond the basic requirements. I worked for one where visitors were required to wear orange vests so employees would know to watch for them. I've never had a situation where we were sued for PPE related situations, or flagrant safety rule violations that require immediate termination. It's rare enough, I can't even cite a case.

My current company makes and installs food service casework, food lines, counters, etc., across several industries and client types. The requirements for us to even get into Hyundai in Montgomery to do jobs there are the strictest I've ever seen.

I hope all those unfairly terminated by their employer file class action suits and hit the lottery.

I don't see how those employees will hit the lottery unless the employee made a legitimate request for an accomodation based on disability/religion/medical and the employer did not make a good faith effort to fulfill that request.

Reactions: hog88
Well since they can remove the PPE after their shift and only need it while on your property or job site sure. Get back to me when you get a vax they can uninstall after their shift. Kthxbai!

That was a really really dumb equivalence try hog.

Maybe it was a dumb equivalence but the point remains the same. If you don't like the employer rules, quit.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
From the looks of things many people are doing just that 🤷‍♂️

To my knowledge none of our clients implemented a vaccine mandate and all complain about staffing shortages. We damn sure don't have a vaccine requirement and still having trouble filling spots.

Reactions: AM64
Maybe it was a dumb equivalence but the point remains the same. If you don't like the employer rules, quit.
Isn't the point of a business to provide good and services and make profits???? Why give a business permission to infringe an individuals beliefs on others??? You wouldn't accept an individual doing so or the government...where is the checks a balances???

Isn't the point of a business to provide good and services and make profits???? Why give a business permission to infringe an individuals beliefs on others??? You wouldn't accept an individual doing so or the government...where is the checks a balances???

Employment is voluntary so if you feel your employer is infringing upon your beliefs its because you let them.

So your perfectly fine with MSM and social media censorship???
This is where the libertarian arguements begin to be challenged because there is clear evidence (even admissions) of govt working in concert with these media and social media companies. The possibility of the govt encouraging or coercing private sector entities to impose mandates is along those same lines.

There is no libertarian answer as of yet for combating these fascistic measures.

VN Store

Back