Woke companies are crazy

You may not be celebrating, but the company as a whole doesn’t take a huge hit. I’m generally not into boycotting companies. However, I think if you’re going to actually do it, you may as well actually make it count.

Again, I think you can even if you switch to another AB brand or InBev, whatever they are now. There are certain employees that I assume work directly under the Bud Light umbrella. If 5,000,000 BL drinkers permanent switched to another AB brand, then total sales are not affected but the BL suits are effed. And if that actually happened decision makers at other brands would take notice.

Reactions: Wireless1
For argument’s sake I disagree with your first sentence. If you work for KFC and revenue drop 30% for the year, you’re not celebrating if YUM Brands overall revenue is up 5%.
Sure you are if it beats your forward looking guidance to wall street

Anecdotal at best, but I haven't noticed a drop off in empty Bud Light cans in the ditches on the back roads.
But have you noticed any empties with the dude's picture on them. I'd finish up all my inventory before I switched too, if I drank that $%^$%^$^$

Anecdotal, but over the weekend we were at Boombazz, pretty much the only place I drink beer 😂.. the server said Blue Moon was now the most popular on tap, followed by MillerLite lol.. Blue Moon is really good with pizza 😂.. in the fridge we just have Mayday beer.. Bud is trash beer anyway, it is for crawfish boils..but there are other trash beer alternatives for that sort of thing Edit: this is my first boycott and it’s pretty flipping easy 😂.. just google brands owned by Molson Coors.. they no longer have any affiliation with AB after Miller Molson bought out all of AB shares

Last edited:

I wonder how many marketers will look at this for what it is - If you own a lane stay in it - and how many will view it as just a misstep.
I don't know many trans and LGQT, but I do know that this marketing ploy might have urged them to buy one Bud Light, then they would be back to their craft beers. On the other hand, the Bud Light people I know, once they change will probably change......until the Bud Light is on sale ;)

Reactions: Orangeburst
Then that is even worse because it shows a complete lack of situational awareness about their customer base.
There are many in marketing today that falsely believe they can "educate" their customers into doing anything they need them to do....and somehow these idiots continue to get promoted.

was reading a stupid FB argument and one of the posters insisted that big companies like AB do cost/benefit analyses before making decisions like this (eg. they knew there would be backlash but felt it was worth in in the long run). As my policy is to stay out of stupid FB arguments I didn't reply but the notion that big companies don't make unplanned mistakes is laughable.

Marketing is a simple concept. It's not rocket surgery. However, there's a world of difference between being able to describe what Marketing is and actually embracing the concept (which BL failed to do in this case). It's not surprising then that the people who can't understand the reaction are demonstrating they do not really understand Marketing.

Whatever you say there, Boston.

You're so close minded that you shut out entire genres of music. I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm not so sure they're valid reasons, but you have them. Lol.
Oh you're soooooo wrong about being closed minded... but thanks for your input. I just know **** when I hear it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Oh you're soooooo wrong about being closed minded... but thanks for your input. I just know **** when I hear it.

Space, there are plenty of things you have a greater depth of field in terms of knowledge than I do.

I promise you, tunes ain't one of them. You sound just like my father. Lol.

Space, there are plenty of things you have a greater depth of field in terms of knowledge than I do.

I promise you, tunes ain't one of them. You sound just like my father. Lol.
There is nothing good about autotune. Not one damned thing. And it is so prevalent in current music.

You do have a good handle on some other things I give you credit, but the Spotify top whatever is pure ****.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Anecdotal, but over the weekend we were at Boombazz, pretty much the only place I drink beer 😂.. the server said Blue Moon was now the most popular on tap, followed by MillerLite lol.. Blue Moon is really good with pizza 😂.. in the fridge we just have Mayday beer.. Bud is trash beer anyway, it is for crawfish boils..but there are other trash beer alternatives for that sort of thing Edit: this is my first boycott and it’s pretty flipping easy 😂.. just google brands owned by Molson Coors.. they no longer have any affiliation with AB after Miller Molson bought out all of AB shares

Blue Moon is gross.

There is nothing good about autotune. Not one damned thing. And it is so prevalent in current music.

You do have a good handle on some other things I give you credit, but the Spotify top whatever is pure ****.

This is what I mean when I've told you that your finger isn't on the pulse.

Spotify top whatever? Autotune? What are you even referencing?

was reading a stupid FB argument and one of the posters insisted that big companies like AB do cost/benefit analyses before making decisions like this (eg. they knew there would be backlash but felt it was worth in in the long run). As my policy is to stay out of stupid FB arguments I didn't reply but the notion that big companies don't make unplanned mistakes is laughable.

Marketing is a simple concept. It's not rocket surgery. However, there's a world of difference between being able to describe what Marketing is and actually embracing the concept (which BL failed to do in this case). It's not surprising then that the people who can't understand the reaction are demonstrating they do not really understand Marketing.

If they're doing things right, then they did a CBA. The problem is nobody could have foreseen how negatively people reacted to this. It's astonishing. So even if they did the CBA, there was no way to get it right, this time. It's just a fkn rainbow on some cans and a couple social media posts. They didn't really take a position on anything, other than it's OK to be friendly to LGBTQ.

If they're doing things right, then they did a CBA. The problem is nobody could have foreseen how negatively people reacted to this. It's astonishing. So even if they did the CBA, there was no way to get it right, this time. It's just a fkn rainbow on some cans and a couple social media posts. They didn't really take a position on anything, other than it's OK to be friendly to LGBTQ.
Lol, they couldn’t have foreseen the backlash? Helen Keller could have seen it.

It's funny watching the side that freaked out over a picture on a syrup bottle, stick of butter, and box of rice say "it's just a picture on the can". Especially, because those same people didn't have an issue with the other pictures, until their TV told them they should be offended. Even funnier, it wasn't the black , or Indian community offended by the other pictures, it was a bunch of white Karens, thinking they had a right to speak for people of color. Kinda like them loving Twitter as long as it banned conservatives, but been crying every day since Elon allows their free speech 👀🤣

VN Store

Back