Woke companies are crazy

for me the comments from the VP dogging the brand and it's traditional customers is the weirdest part. unless you are going for a total reset it's never a good idea to diss your best customers even if unintentionally

She rebooted the JCPenney strategy.

yep. when I first heard about it, from the uproar I was thinking they put Mulvaney on cans they were selling to the public but it was just one for her. the influencer path brings all the foibles of celebrity endorsers but with people that are harder to vet and are likely to have shorter public lifespans. our instant world can go bad in an instant. BL had to know that trans is a polarizing issue now. Nike has a history of embracing the polarization; BL doesn't. Will be a case study some day.

for me the comments from the VP dogging the brand and it's traditional customers is the weirdest part. unless you are going for a total reset it's never a good idea to diss your best customers even if unintentionally
It's been explained in this thread but some folks don't want to absorb it. They want to keep asking the same questions as if no one has explained it.

The funny thing is that I know I always assumed that Aunt Jemima knew a lot more about making pancakes than say the Pillsbury Doughboy. Of course, this is from somebody who thinks pancakes should be thin and crispy around the edges rather than fat and fluffy.
For all the post you've made....this is the one that will destroy all your credibility...... thin and crispy..... eat a potato chip

The funny thing is that I know I always assumed that Aunt Jemima knew a lot more about making pancakes than say the Pillsbury Doughboy. Of course, this is from somebody who thinks pancakes should be thin and crispy around the edges rather than fat and fluffy.

I think that’s called a crepe.

LGBT creep is real. Complete cultural capture. And you're a bigot if you notice it, let alone resist it. "Just drink your beer, bigot! Why do you even care!?!?".

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You'd think the first rule of marketing would be something like the medical "First, do no harm", and the easiest way to do that would be to avoid antagonizing any segment of the population by playing to another segment unless your product is actively directed toward a certain demographic in the first place.

the first rule is that you adapt to your customer (the ones you want as customers) rather than thinking you can make them adapt to you.

it doesn't matter if the customers' reactions are right or wrong in your eyes - it is their choice to engage or not hence the saying "the customer is always right". as a company if you think they are wrong you can choose not to have their business. Bud Light inadvertently chose not to have their business by failing to 1) anticipate the potential for backlash, 2) making statements that suggested they were changing the image of the product and who it's for and 3) not reacting quickly enough to stem the damage.

It will make an excellent teaching case study about positioning/repositioning though I would hesitate to touch it because of the trans subject matter being so volatile right now; could be some student grievances.

I don’t really understand the uproar. The promotion involves one of hundreds of influencers hired by Bud. It doesn’t attempt to alienate Bud drinkers. It simply shows support for LBGTQ community.

Why does this so offend Bud drinkers?
Imagine what would happen if they put something like White Guy Beer on the can. Don't be so f'ing obtuse.

I was just curious if anybody has seen one of these "trans-celebration" cans in their local store or watering hole?

I was just curious if anybody has seen one of these "trans-celebration" cans in their local store or watering hole?
They way to think about it isn't product packaging but that they essentially released a commercial. It's a different form of the catered horse with the world trade center in the background talking about patriotism.

VN Store

Back