Woke companies are crazy

Or we can stay and try to help him understand the error. Of course all the "conservatives" backing him make that an uphill climb
How about moving to a state whose policies they agree with?

What else are you okay with private businesses doing? Please don't hold back. Let us know.

How about moving to a state whose policies they agree with?

What else are you okay with private businesses doing? Please don't hold back. Let us know.
love it or leave it? That's an awful take

I'm ok with private b businesses being able to operate that business as they see fit. The govt should not be allowed to prevent that

Reactions: hog88
love it or leave it? That's an awful take

I'm ok with private b businesses being able to operate that business as they see fit. The govt should not be allowed to prevent that
So are they allowed to start discriminating again on who they can serve? And can they discriminate in their hiring practices?

I’m not going to get into this again. The right to choose was taken away by the federal government and Desantis gave the power back to the people to choose for themselves in Florida. Which is how AMERICA was designed to be. Blows my mind that any conservative can’t see this
I can kind of see his angle. From a libertarian/laissez faire angle, this was a move that removed any choice from the private sector employers. That may come back and bite Florida one day if a Democrat or RINO gets in there.

Reactions: 1vol8
I can kind of see his angle. From a libertarian/laissez faire angle, this was a move that removed any choice from the private sector employers. That may come back and bite Florida one day if a Democrat or RINO gets in there.
I see his angle too but it’s a leftist argument and it blows my mind that it’s Hogg of all people arguing it

Not a lefty. Classic conservative and proud of it.
So is this the semantic game we are playing now? Similar to most of today's conservatives and libertarians would be called classical liberals had they been around in The Age of Enlightenment?

So is this the semantic game we are playing now? Similar to most of today's conservatives and libertarians would be called classical liberals had they been around in The Age of Enlightenment?

The hyperpartisan party purity pushers and their "*INO" ******** is where the semantics game comes from. Simple, age-old game that has never worked out: separate, denigrate, claim it's for the good of the party, flame out, start over.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
How is advocating for less government interference and control a “leftist” argument?
It's not, it's just one of the uncomfortable consequences of having private sector freedoms.

I think what we should be cautiously aware of is any situation where the govt could be actually pulling the strings behind the scenes and either encouraging or using coercion to make certain decisions. That would border towards fascism.

One of the blind spots of libertarians that they have mostly seemed to ignore during this pandemic.

Private Business should be able to do business with whomever they choose. Full stop.

I’ll bet everyone celebrating DeSantis’s order preventing business setting their own vaccine policies also opposed CO forcing that baker to make a cake for a gay wedding.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
It's not, it's just one of the uncomfortable consequences of having private sector freedoms.

I think what we should be cautiously aware of is any situation where the govt could be actually pulling the strings behind the scenes and either encouraging or using coercion to make certain decisions. That would border towards fascism.

One of the blind spots of libertarians that they have mostly seemed to ignore during this pandemic.

I agree with this and made a post shortly after Biden’s inauguration that he wouldn’t mandate the vaccine but would make it hard on the private sector if they didn’t.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
How is advocating for less government interference and control a “leftist” argument?
That’s how I view it when you argue against a man that tries to restore freedom to the people that’s been taken away by a tyrannical government

I see his angle too but it’s a leftist argument and it blows my mind that it’s Hogg of all people arguing it
It isn’t a leftist argument he’s making. It’s a small government libertarian argument. His point is ALL government should stay the hell out of day to day business interactions between employer and employee. And he’s right but sadly the idiot in the WH made a bonehead move that put all these cards in play.

The best thing that can happen is SCOTUS tells the Feds to pound sand then at least the GOP states can rescind their counter mandate which is exactly what FL, TX, and MN should do. Those are the three that I believe have counter mandates in place.

But it gets trickier in states like NY where they want to impose their own mandate. The fact is the states actually have a great deal of power here and the landmark case on this topic sided with the state authority to do so. But that doesn’t extend to the Feds like the idiot in the WH is trying to do.

Reactions: 1vol8
Private Business should be able to do business with whomever they choose. Full stop.
So you are okay with businesses discriminating on who they can serve AND in their hiring practices?

Sorry. Had to edit my post.

Last edited:
It isn’t a leftist argument he’s making. It’s a small government libertarian argument. His point is ALL government should stay the hell out of day to day business interactions between employer and employee. And he’s right but sadly the idiot in the WH made a bonehead move that put all these cards in play.

The best thing that can happen is SCOTUS tells the Feds to pound sand then at least the GOP states can rescind their counter mandate which is exactly what FL, TX, and MN should do. Those are the three that I believe have counter mandates in place.

But it gets trickier in states like NY where they want to impose their own mandate. The fact is the states actually have a great deal of power here and the landmark case on this topic sided with the state authority to do so. But that doesn’t extend to the Feds like the idiot in the WH is trying to do.
I understand it’s not a “leftist” argument. As I explained
That’s how I view it when you argue against a man that tries to restore freedom to the people that’s been taken away by a tyrannical government
it just feels that way because of his argument to what Desantis had to do to counter it.

Yet you’re ok with taking away freedom from other people.

Reactions: AM64
So you are okay with businesses discriminating on who they can serve in their hiring practices?
I think the point is we want to see their behavior out in the open then we can all make a judgement call on if we want to do business with them or not. I don’t think anybody is actually advocating for discrimination to occur

VN Store

Back