Yahoo claiming Bray and Couch (among others) took cash? (Merged)

Like I said, if he did it, I do not support that decision in the least. And I agree, it was a selfish move. But the dude saying he's going to send him a message and harass him over it and he doesn't even know him is cowardly, IMO. Be mad at him, hell, I am. But it's not your place or mine to send him a message saying GTFO of Tennessee.

Harass?

Like I said, if he did it, I do not support that decision in the least. And I agree, it was a selfish move. But the dude saying he's going to send him a message and harass him over it and he doesn't even know him is cowardly, IMO. Be mad at him, hell, I am. But it's not your place or mine to send him a message saying GTFO of Tennessee.

I wonder if he actually did it. Any moron can type something in their cell phone claiming someone did something.

Calm down. Whatever happens happens. I'm of the opinion the university will be fine. Not sure about Couch, but he did an ill advised thing and made a mistake. I hope this doesn't affect him too badly, but there's no need for name calling and back biting among us. We are all brothers (and sisters) in orange.

Reactions: 4 people
I know Mo personally. (Many on here are familiar with how this came about. Long story short, he has been a huge part of my 13y/o cousin's recovery from having his leg amputated after a hunting accident.)

I only have great things to say about Mo as a person. He has helped my family out tremendously. He is a father of a precious little girl, whom he adores and would do anything for.

I am not condoning his actions at all. It hurts to know that he took part in this (allegedly). It's no excuse, but I'm sure that if he did it, it was only to provide for his family. Many of you would do the same thing, although few on here would admit it.

So how about this? If you want to send such a STUPID message to him, give me your REAL name (you have his, so it's only fair. especially if you have any ballz), and I'll just call him on his cell phone and tell him personally. Hell, I'll even tell him your address so he can come "apologize" to you in person!

Sound good? No? I didn't think so. GTFO if you aren't man enough to tell him without hiding behind a screen name

ish just got real!!!!!!!

Send him a msg? What?
I was just talking to you. I like Couch but if he did it then he needs to go. I'm sure most of VN feels the same. It's pretty disappointing and it's selfish to do something that puts your teammates at risk as well. We have been through enough. Def dont need this.

Salute, I like you man and don't wish to argue with you or anyone on here about this thing, I promise you that this whole thing hits me doubly hard, Hurts my beloved Vols, but let down by a friend as well. But yes, harass. It's up to Butch/UT/NCAA to issue punishment, not anonymous fans saying nasty things to him

Reactions: 1 person
Yahoo Sports detailed a report today involving 5 SEC players with Documents and Text messages revealing impermissible benefits occurred. One of whom is Current Senior Tennessee Vols Defensive End Maurice Couch, who was set to play Oregon on Saturday.

Normally when a Athletic Department believes such impermissible activities have occurred, they pull such a player from being able to play in future contests until they finish their investigation and issue a ruling/self imposed penalties and or clear them. If a institution allows a player to play, while knowing he violated rules, such a institution can receive harsh sanctions from the NCAA.

ESPN's PAC-12 Blog is retweeting this just now:

Quite a coincidence RT @TennesseeBeat: Butch Jones says Mo Couch won't play on Saturday due to heat exhaustion he suffered on Tuesday.

Pac-12 Blog - ESPN

Send him a msg? What?
I was just talking to you. I like Couch but if he did it then he needs to go. I'm sure most of VN feels the same. It's pretty disappointing and it's selfish to do something that puts your teammates at risk as well. We have been through enough. Def dont need this.

C'mon man! Lol, my "angry" post was solely directed at the dude who was claiming to have sent him a message telling him to leave TN.

Reactions: 2 people
The sanctimonious bs on here is ridiculous. I just love how people rush to judgment when they have no idea what the complete story might be or what the motives were.

You might want to take a deep breath before you cast any stones.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure if the NCAA will get to it for years because if this investigative type reporting keeps up then we are just the tip of the iceberg. This is done to generate sales and now we have reporters making a name for themselves and doing the NCAA's job....

All true I am sure between Bray and Couch they (dooley) added to the setbacks of Kiffin started...I hope allot them three get what's coming to them....all are amateurs nothing about them are professional at all.

Taken a fine football program and turned it into a joke. For those of you not on board with CBJ and staff you better get there because he has got a handle on every player on this team and has integrity which is beyond reproach.

Last edited:
Yahoo Sports detailed a report today involving 5 SEC players with Documents and Text messages revealing impermissible benefits occurred. One of whom is Current Senior Tennessee Vols Defensive End Maurice Couch, who was set to play Oregon on Saturday.

Normally when a Athletic Department believes such impermissible activities have occurred, they pull such a player from being able to play in future contests until they finish their investigation and issue a ruling/self imposed penalties and or clear them. If a institution allows a player to play, while knowing he violated rules, such a institution can receive harsh sanctions from the NCAA.

ESPN's PAC-12 Blog is retweeting this just now:

Quite a coincidence RT @TennesseeBeat: Butch Jones says Mo Couch won't play on Saturday due to heat exhaustion he suffered on Tuesday.

Pac-12 Blog - ESPN

Quite a coincidence that the guy that wrote the story is an OREGON graduate that now attends USC law. Talk about dirty.

Not sure if the NCAA will get to it for years because if this investigative type reporting keeps up then we are just the tip of the iceberg. This is done to generate sales and now we have reporters making a name for themselves and doing the NCAA's job....

All true I am sure between Bray and Dooley they added to the setbacks of Kiffin I hope all three get what's coming to them to include Couch....all are amateurs....nothing about them are professional at all.

Taken a fine football program and turned it into a joke. For those of you not on board with CBJ and staff you better get there because he has got a handle on every player on the team and has integrity beyond reproach.

Firmly on board here. Butch has a TEAM, Dooley just had a bunch of individuals having to look out for themselves.

I know Mo personally. (Many on here are familiar with how this came about. Long story short, he has been a huge part of my 13y/o cousin's recovery from having his leg amputated after a hunting accident.)

I only have great things to say about Mo as a person. He has helped my family out tremendously. He is a father of a precious little girl, whom he adores and would do anything for.

I am not condoning his actions at all. It hurts to know that he took part in this (allegedly). It's no excuse, but I'm sure that if he did it, it was only to provide for his family. Many of you would do the same thing, although few on here would admit it.

So how about this? If you want to send such a STUPID message to him, give me your REAL name (you have his, so it's only fair. especially if you have any ballz), and I'll just call him on his cell phone and tell him personally. Hell, I'll even tell him your address so he can come "apologize" to you in person!

Sound good? No? I didn't think so. GTFO if you aren't man enough to tell him without hiding behind a screen name

Sounds good to me. I will talk to him.

VN Store

Back