Yahoo claiming Bray and Couch (among others) took cash? (Merged)

Doesn't matter either way. It's not like Jones would say Couch isn't playing because of some allegation . If there were an NCAA investigation , it would be appropriate. Not now.

I quoted a tweet from ESPN's PAC-12 blog, and I assume Ted Miller made that comment. So why did you quote that but then make reference to something else?

Now as for the Yahoo story you are talking about. I am sure they had tons of writers/reporters on this project. And if one of them was a UO grad, so what? This story is not just about Tenn alone. It's a National story about 5 difference SEC players. If you must know, ask any Duck fan and all will tell you we want to face a teams best(all their guys). Such as in 2010, with Auburn. We WANTED Cam Newton to play vs us. Cause we wants teams best to play us to measure just how good we are.

Now back ESPN retweeting your coaches tweet today, "Quite a coincidence RT @TennesseeBeat: Butch Jones says Mo Couch won't play on Saturday due to heat exhaustion he suffered on Tuesday."

Now do you think Coach Butch is being honest, and the real reason he will not play this Saturday is do to heat exhaustion issues he is expecting for the Oregon game? Or do you think it has rather to do with the Yahoo SEC corruption story coming out earlier today, and the former is a lie and coverup? Tell me what you think?

Your program was built by a coach who was not exactly known to be completely forthcoming in all his public statements and then fled to the NFL ahead of the NCAA. Might want to back down off that high horse.

Reactions: 6 people
So I hope Couch is ruled ineligible by tomorrow morning. As for Bray he seemed bitter about his stay here so who knows if he will sing like a canary. The state of Tennessee needs the law like Texas does which seems to be benefiting Manziel that if you cost a player his eligibility you do jail time. That apparently has made all those brokers silence after their initial blabbering. We didn't need this nonsense.

Reactions: 2 people
So I hope Couch is ruled ineligible by tomorrow morning. As for Bray he seemed bitter about his stay here so who knows if he will sing like a canary. The state of Tennessee needs the law like Texas does which seems to be benefiting Manziel that if you cost a player his eligibility you do jail time. That apparently has made all those brokers silence after their initial blabbering. We didn't need this nonsense.

No doubt. No player is worth wasting the blood and sweat of a whole team.

For everyone panicking, read this.

Y! SPORTS

I'll make it even easier.

Here is the early prediction on what will come – at least in terms of NCAA sanctions – from the accompanying Yahoo Sports story detailing how Luther Davis went from starting Alabama defensive end to middle man possibly funneling money from agents and financial planners to a handful of top SEC players, including some in Tuscaloosa.

Nothing.

Or, at least, not much.

The NCAA won't be able to get enough people to talk. They won't be able to access the paper trail. It's possible they won't even muster much of an effort. There isn't a direct tie to the coaching staffs. The schools involved, Alabama, Mississippi State and Tennessee, will solemnly declare their concern, even though the latter two are already on probation for previous things that produced solemn concern. Maybe Volunteers defensive lineman Maurice Couch, the only still-eligible participant, gets hit a little, but that'll be it.

Good for us that Bama is involved. If they punish us, they'll have to punish Bama. If they make us forfeit wins, they have to strip Bama of an NC. I don't see how they can take away Couch's eligibility for the rest of the season, if he pays back the $900, without also taking away Bama's NC.

I'm not trying to say this is nothing. I'm just saying that it's probably more likely that they go light on everyone than heavy.

Now, if the investigation eventually leads to us getting hit with LOIC while on probation, then it's time to really worry.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for us that Bama is involved. If they punish us, they'll have to punish Bama. If they make us forfeit wins, they have to strip Bama of an NC. I don't see how they can take away Couch's eligibility for the rest of the season, if he pays back the $900, without also taking away Bama's NC.

I'm not trying to say this is nothing. I'm just saying that it's probably more likely that they go light on everyone than heavy.

Now, if the investigation eventually leads to us getting hit with LOIC while on probation, then it's time to really worry.

Problem is that Couch is here now, with the school being advised of the problem. Playing him now with knowledge of potential wrongdoing (not saying he did anything wrong, just that the allegations are out there) would subject the team to a whole different punishment than when he played last year if the school had no knowledge of, and no reason to have knowledge of, a potential violation.

Nothing here, if Miami and Oregon can get away with the whole Shapiro and Lyles thing when the coaches and Universities knew players were taking money. then we HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Pandora's box will open if the NCAA does anything harsh. Rival fans could go to western union in droves and start wiring money to sabotage other teams.

This is much ado about nothing. Have couch repay and move on.

Reactions: 3 people
Now back ESPN retweeting your coaches tweet today, "Quite a coincidence RT @TennesseeBeat: Butch Jones says Mo Couch won't play on Saturday due to heat exhaustion he suffered on Tuesday."

Now do you think Coach Butch is being honest, and the real reason he will not play this Saturday is do to heat exhaustion issues he is expecting for the Oregon game? Or do you think it has rather to do with the Yahoo SEC corruption story coming out earlier today, and the former is a lie and coverup? Tell me what you think?

Maybe he does not want to forfeit the game after beating your team...

Tons of writers and reporters? This story, I.e. the hard evidence, was gift wrapped to Yahoo.

Lie and coverup? WTF? Mo Couch isn't playing on Saturday. Whether it's due to the allegations is irrelevant. I notice you omitted the fact that Mo left practice early yesterday with the trainers. If you're going to try and throw bombs, then go to another forum.
I omitted nothing. I only pasted a simple tweet. And no, I did not know Mo Couch left practice early yesterday. I only read that tweet. But that does not surprise me as usually when a kid suffers from heat exhaustion or even worse a heat stroke a kid usually stops practicing. But let me get this correct: The game is 5 days from when the player left practice early. How can a coach pull a kid 5 whole days from when a kid is going to play for supposed heat exhaustion that allegedly occurred on a Tuesday when the game is not until this Saturday? And is Oregon known to be more hot and humid then Tennessee? And also if true, and a kid really did have bad heat stroke in practice, would not the staff just attend to him and he sit out the rest of practice/get treatment. Or at the very most, would not a coach say, "his condition is day to day". As such, if this is true, and he had heat exhaustion- but such during a game- I could see them sitting him out. And same with the morning before the game. But 5 days out before the game even starts, in a State much cooler/no humidity, predicting his health would not be up to the task? It does not even remotely make sense. Surly he must be in a Hospital right now if his condition is that serious right?

I omitted nothing. I only pasted a simple tweet. And no, I did not know Mo Couch left practice early yesterday. I only read that tweet. But that does not surprise me as usually when a kid suffers from heat exhaustion or even worse a heat stroke a kid usually stops practicing. But let me get this correct: The game is 5 days from when the player left practice early. How can a coach pull a kid 5 whole days from when a kid is going to play for supposed heat exhaustion that allegedly occurred on a Tuesday when the game is not until this Saturday? And is Oregon known to be more hot and humid then Tennessee? And also if true, and a kid really did have bad heat stroke in practice, would not the staff just attend to him and he sit out the rest of practice/get treatment. Or at the very most, would not a coach say, "his condition is day to day". As such, if this is true, and he had heat exhaustion- but such during a game- I could see them sitting him out. And same with the morning before the game. But 5 days out before the game even starts, in a State much cooler/no humidity, predicting his health would not be up to the task? It does not even remotely make sense. Surly he must be in a Hospital right now if his condition is that serious right?

Go worry about your own corrupt program.

Reactions: 4 people
We can't do anything about Bray and his buddy but as bad as we need Couch, I think he should be gone. A message has to be sent by CBJ that this will not be tolerated. A player can't put a program in the NCAA crosshairs and get off with just paying the money back.

Go worry about your own corrupt program.

No joke. We have a duck fan who's program was irrelevant in the history of CFB until the turn of the century, and he wants to talk smack about corrupt programs when the program he supports had a coach bolt for another job before the NCAA handed over a verdict.

We can't do anything about Bray and his buddy but as bad as we need Couch, I think he should be gone. A message has to be sent by CBJ that this will not be tolerated. A player can't put a program in the NCAA crosshairs and get off with just paying the money back.

It was $950!!!!!Hardly anything worth permanently dismissing him and ending any chance he could have at making a living at the next level. Punishment not fitting the crime here.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back