Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

Hopefully so. Some could right now if they wanted to drive to Nashville or be on the road away from home more. Choices.
I thought the choice was always what put more money in your pocket......seeing as how that determines quality of life and all.
Are you saying there are people who sacrifice money for more time with family. Blasphemy, that makes no sense.

Maybe there is more to that quality of life concept than we thought.

Stop. You damn well you messed up with your pothole comment when talking about income taxes.
I'm talking about taxes, which income tax just happens to be one.

Your stance seems to be the more one benefits from the use of roads, the more they should pay in taxes for their upkeep.
Interesting.

Your stance seems to be the more one benefits from the use of roads, the more they should pay in taxes for their upkeep.
Interesting.

Luth, you talk about taxes like they are an investment.

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
Luther may have stumbled across the real issue in his posts. It probably doesn't cost an arm and a leg to take care of potholes. The bureaucracies dedicated to pothole management are another thing entirely. Imagine the size of the gas tax it would take to maintain federal, state, and local bureaucracies dedicated just to roads, their supervision, and welfare. Not to mention the bureaucracies necessary to maintain, support, and otherwise supervise the roadwork bureaucracies ... and the support, maintenance, and supervisory bureaucracies to handle those bureaucracies. And then there are the regulators and even more bureaucracies. Imagine your company run by the government rather than just being subject to government regulators.

The cost of the bureaucracy involved in road building and maintenance is staggering.

Here's some sickening articles.

How Much Does a Mile of Road Actually Cost?

Report: Highway Construction Costs Rising Due to Environmental Regulations

Your household income is below $130k a year?

If so, your taxes will not be going up.

Plus, it that's all you really care about - that's a pretty sad commentary.
You are FOS if you don't think his taxes are going up. Well you are just FOS anyway and we all know it

Reactions: AM64
I thought the choice was always what put more money in your pocket......seeing as how that determines quality of life and all.
Are you saying there are people who sacrifice money for more time with family. Blasphemy, that makes no sense.

Maybe there is more to that quality of life concept than we thought.

It never ever occurs to you just how stupid you sound does it?

Yes, people make choices that affect their QOL, the .gov taking more money from them is not a choice.

Interesting.

That is the way it works now.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Luth, you talk about taxes like they are an investment.
Roads, dams, the electrical grid, space, military, education, research, fire protection, police, public lands...........not investments?

It never ever occurs to you just how stupid you sound does it?

Yes, people make choices that affect their QOL, the .gov taking more money from them is not a choice.
I have a good idea. I take how stupid you guys sound and divide it by 20.

Sure it's a choice. They vote. They can run for office. They can choose to make less - as you just pointed out. They can move.

That is the way it works now.
As it should. The more one benefits, the more one should pay.
It's what I've been saying all along. The twists and turns I have to take to get you guys to see what should be obvious.

As it should. The more one benefits, the more one should pay.
It's what I've been saying all along. The twists and turns I have to take to get you guys to see what should be obvious.

How is any one middle class person (normal person not Dem mega contributor) benefiting more from income taxes than a lower income person? If you want to talk about funding the .gov through use taxes I'm all ears.

Roads, dams, the electrical grid, space, military, education, research, fire protection, police, public lands...........not investments?

Im reference to your question above:

With the exception of education, I consider none of those investments.

And wirh the exception of military, i would opt to pay for each of those services locally. And most of the privately.

But I was more or less referring to your previously implication that higher taxes bring “General level of health, happiness, and enjoyment.”

How is any one middle class person (normal person not Dem mega contributor) benefiting more from income taxes than a lower income person? If you want to talk about funding the .gov through use taxes I'm all ears.
They're benefiting from being in a higher socio-economic class.

Well, luther is a hard left dim, and they believe everything springs from government hands. Remember "You didn't make that."

Conservatives talk against government while extracting every possible tax dollar from it. They would be far less wealthy without procuring government contracts. I get it. Some people resent the government bolstering lives of working Americans. But those same so-called conservatives want all the money they can get out of the government, and that's a LOT of money.

"Despite her opposition to the stimulus funding and the PPP, her(U.S. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene-R, GA) family’s company, Taylor Commercial, received a six-figure PPP loan worth between $150,000 and $350,000 earlier this year. Greene, who had loaned her campaign $900,000, donated $450,000 to her campaign about two months after the PPP loan, according to Federal Election Commission records." This is just one example. We could search and find them all day long, forever.
QAnon Candidate Gave Own Campaign $450k After Receiving PPP Loan

Reactions: luthervol
Conservatives talk against government while extracting every possible tax dollar from it. They would be far less wealthy without procuring government contracts. I get it. Some people resent the government bolstering lives of working Americans. But those same so-called conservatives want all the money they can get out of the government, and that's a LOT of money.

"Despite her opposition to the stimulus funding and the PPP, her(U.S. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene-R, GA) family’s company, Taylor Commercial, received a six-figure PPP loan worth between $150,000 and $350,000 earlier this year. Greene, who had loaned her campaign $900,000, donated $450,000 to her campaign about two months after the PPP loan, according to Federal Election Commission records." This is just one example. We could search and find them all day long, forever.

You can play that game all day with both sides. Campaign finance is nothing but bribes, and those are made to both parties - often the same donor contributes to both parties - hedging bets.

There's another thread about a big contract to General Dynamics Electric Boat for submarine work. General Dynamics donated about $2M to GOP candidates and more to dem candidates in the 2020 election cycle. Think it was money well spent for a $39B contract increase? Congress is bought and sold.

You can play that game all day with both sides. Campaign finance is nothing but bribes, and those are made to both parties - often the same donor contributes to both parties - hedging bets.

Not saying different, but Republicans talk against government like it is the very Devil while they are playing the game for as much money as they can get out of it. Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

Roads: paid for mostly by gasoline taxes which the democrats are trying to eliminate.
Electrical grid: paid for by your electric bill
Space: Nasa is a rounding error in the budget and SpaceX is putting them to shame.
Military: Yep 100% needed and funded by the federal government.
Education: This is a shared expense between the local, state and federal government.
Research: Should be 100% funded by companies as they reap the benefits.
Fire Protection: local taxes should cover this.
Police: local taxes should cover this.
Public lands: well we all own this so yeah the federal government should pay for whatever is needed.

So tell me, which one of these is a federal government investment?

Since when are potholes filled with federal income taxes?

Have to fund the bureaucracies that direct the people filling the holes where to put it, how high to fill it, what filler to use ... and somebody's got to fill out the purchase contracts that satisfy all the laws and regulations. If it's a federal highway ...!

Not saying different, but Republicans talk against government like it is the very Devil while they are playing the game for as much money as they can get out of it. Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

Yeah and? Why don't we cut the federal .gov so much no one can get anything from it except what the constitution mandates?

VN Store

Back