Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

Of course it impacts your quality of life, but it is in no way the only thing, or even the most important thing that impacts your quality of life.
The proportions aren't for you or anyone other than the individual to decide.

Do teachers have an impact on the thinking of their students?
If so, is that even important?

Of course, teachers have an impact on how their kids think. How could you even question that - especially as a teacher? I have no doubt doubt that peer pressure as always and social media/cellphones/computers have significantly eroded both parental and teacher impact on development of kids though. How is it important? If parents want to instill values in their children, it's much more difficult if teachers and peers are filling their ears with different ideas. Remember when kids go off to college how dumb the parents suddenly become, and a few years later when the kids are struggling to get started how the parents suddenly regain their intelligence and wisdom? What changed to influence the kids? I can guarantee you the parents didn't lapse in intelligence and wisdom and then regain it overnight.

I heard all that from my parents - especially about my younger brother, and then I saw it with my two sons - mostly from the older one.

Re-read my question and your answer then figure it out. Dishonesty is fine with you as long as you’re the one deciding what is deemed truthful or a lie.
Nothing I posted was false. It was actually nothing more than a cut and paste from this google search "federal funds for road projects".

How was I wrong? All I did was post that federal funds were used.
Allow me to show you.
Since when are potholes filled with federal income taxes?
Your reply to his question:
Federal-aid highway funds are authorized by Congress to assist the States in providing for construction, reconstruction, and improvement of highways and bridges on eligible Federal-aid highway routes and for other special purpose programs and projects. The Interstate System is a component of the NHS.

He didn't say federal funds. He said federal income taxes.

You're welcome.

Of course, teachers have an impact on how their kids think. How could you even question that - especially as a teacher? I have no doubt doubt that peer pressure as always and social media/cellphones/computers have significantly eroded both parental and teacher impact on development of kids though. How is it important? If parents want to instill values in their children, it's much more difficult if teachers and peers are filling their ears with different ideas. Remember when kids go off to college how dumb the parents suddenly become, and a few years later when the kids are struggling to get started how the parents suddenly regain their intelligence and wisdom? What changed to influence the kids? I can guarantee you the parents didn't lapse in intelligence and wisdom and then regain it overnight.

I heard all that from my parents - especially about my younger brother, and then I saw it with my two sons - mostly from the older one.
Of course I know the answer to both questions is a HUGE yes.
But I wanted those on record before I asked the next question........
If teaching has a significant and important impact on the minds of the youth, why are more "conservatives" not drawn to the profession?
I always love the answers to this question, as wrong as they may be.

Re-read my question and your answer then figure it out. Dishonesty is fine with you as long as you’re the one deciding what is deemed truthful or a lie.
For the record, your question was completely coherent to me.

Reactions: ajvol01
Nothing I posted was false. It was actually nothing more than a cut and paste from this google search "federal funds for road projects".
It is possible for you to post factual cut and paste information but still be incorrect in your answer because you didn't read the question correctly.

Reactions: AM64

College doesn't make kids think their parents are dumb. Being a teenager makes kids think their parents are dumb. I'm surprised you think it doesn't start until college.

Allow me to show you.

Your reply to his question:

He didn't say federal funds. He said federal income taxes.

You're welcome.
And where did I say federal income taxes were used? (now that would have been a lie)
It seems that I specifically said federal funds were used. (It's even bolded)
and is that not true?

It is possible for you to post factual cut and paste information but still be incorrect in your answer because you didn't read the question correctly.
It's certainly possible but it is not what happened in this instance. His question was clear.

And where did I say federal income taxes were used? (now that would have been a lie)
It seems that I specifically said federal funds were used. (It's even bolded)
and is that not true?

Mrs Luther: Luther, did you eat the last piece of cake last night?
Luther: The last piece of cake was in the tupperware before I went to bed.
Mrs Luther: When did you go to bed?
Luther: Around 11:30 pm
Mrs Luther: ...and you didn't eat the cake?
Luther: Oh, yes I ate the cake. But it was in the container before I ate it.
Mrs. Luther: But you said you didn't eat it.
Luther: I wasn't wrong when I said it was in the container before I went to bed.

That stuff won't fly.

You'd have been better served to simply admit the mistake and move on. You're coming off as a complete horse's ass right now.

If teaching has a significant and important impact on the minds of the youth, why are more "conservatives" not drawn to the profession?

I can't speak for everybody, but I'd say it goes back to what makes a liberal a liberal. I don't have any real desire to tell someone else how to do things - example I enjoy testing, diagnostics, analysis but chose to be an engineer not a doctor. Why? I prefer to deal with machines - they may be dumb and only able to do repetitive things, but they are honest, and I don't have to deal with how they feel. Doubtless that's not true of all or maybe even many conservatives.

Liberals, however, always seem to have to have victims to fix - gays, minorities, poor, non citizens who prefer living here ... I see teaching a lot in the same vein - it's a relationship dealing with power of a sort - to promote something in someone. Teaching can facilitate an understanding of math or of social values ... even turn a normal kid into a terrorist if so inclined. Every time I see a liberal I get the feeling that he or she sees something as not right and there has to be a fix for it - not to help that one person but a nationwide fix for anybody like that one person. You have to have victims or in your case someone to teach to make "whole". Of course there are teachers who are there to impart knowledge about the subject; you find them mostly teaching real science, math, engineering, medicine, etc rather than in the humanities.

Those who cannot do.. teach. Or something like that and it has held true

You're the one that likes continuums.

Surely you can figure out how significant the impact actually is.

If teaching has a significant and important impact on the minds of the youth, Why do more liberals (student debt) think they shouldn't have to pay, for what they received?

There aren't any streamline commission based teaching positions that I'm aware of. Better teachers reject civic funded public education pay scales, go into the private sector, and make more.

Mrs Luther: Luther, did you eat the last piece of cake last night?
Luther: The last piece of cake was in the tupperware before I went to bed.
Mrs Luther: When did you go to bed?
Luther: Around 11:30 pm
Mrs Luther: ...and you didn't eat the cake?
Luther: Oh, yes I ate the cake. But it was in the container before I ate it.
Mrs. Luther: But you said you didn't eat it.
Luther: I wasn't wrong when I said it was in the container before I went to bed.

That stuff won't fly.

You'd have been better served to simply admit the mistake and move on. You're coming off as a complete horse's ass right now.
I will certainly admit that mistakes were made. What mistakes and by whom may be were we disagree.

VN Store

Back