Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

No it's not but still less than the mythical $400k

Why would my wanting less to be forcibly taken by the govt be sad? They waste my money and anyone still supporting that is sad
Who's mythical $400k?
I never said wanting less to be taken is sad.
I said claiming that was all you really cared about is sad.

Who's mythical $400k?
I never said wanting less to be taken is sad.
I said claiming that was all you really cared about is sad.
Joe's mythical number

You're exactly right. I care that anyone's taxes would be increased so that their money can be absolutely wasted in DC. Taxes going down benefits everyone who wants to provide for themselves

Reactions: AM64
My taxes will be going up as well.

I’d rather keep the money I earned and spend it on my family and our future.
It's about quality of life....which is not inversely related to the amount of taxes you pay.....but I'll have to let you guys figure that out on your own.

I swear, I think there are posters here who would turn down a 10k increase in net if it meant their taxes were going up 3k.

Last edited:
It's about quality of life....which is not inversely related to the amount of taxes you pay.....but I'll have to let you guys figure that out on you own.

I swear, I think there are posters here who would turn down a 10k increase in net if it meant their taxes were going up 3k.

The .gov isn't going to net me or damn near anyone 10k for a 3k increase in taxes.

The .gov isn't going to net me or damn near anyone 10k for a 3k increase in taxes.
I meant to ask yesterday, do you pay your employees a middle class wage? (by your standards 150-400k)

It's about quality of life....which is not inversely related to the amount of taxes you pay.....but I'll have to let you guys figure that out on your own.

I have a friend that bought a Honda Civic in the mid 2000's to save money on his 25 mile a day commute over driving an F150 pickup. He spent more just to insure the Civic than he saved in gas money, but when I pointed that out to him, he got mad and refused to see it.

Reactions: ajvol01

A few follow ups Luth:

1 - What do you mean qualify of life? When the tax increase happens, what should I be looking out for? Maybe I’m not understanding what you are saying.

2 - The 10k net comment is confusing, unless there is something Im missing. Will I be netting more with the tax increase? Are some of the old deductions going to be back in play?

3 - you are correct. In general I’d turn my nose up at a tax increase that nets me more. I’m of the opinion that the government should make do with less. We need to start starving washington.

Reactions: hog88

The money I earn, keep, and spend doesn't impact my quality of life?

A few follow ups Luth:

1 - What do you mean qualify of life? When the tax increase happens, what should I be looking out for? Maybe I’m not understanding what you are saying.
General level of health, happiness, and enjoyment.

2 - The 10k net comment is confusing, unless there is something Im missing. Will I be netting more with the tax increase? Are some of the old deductions going to be back in play?
Yes, net goes up, but only with an accompanying tax raise. (theoretically)

3 - you are correct. In general I’d turn my nose up at a tax increase that nets me more. I’m of the opinion that the government should make do with less. We need to start starving washington.

I'm all for the pothole being filled.

The money I earn, keep, and spend doesn't impact my quality of life?
Of course it impacts your quality of life, but it is in no way the only thing, or even the most important thing that impacts your quality of life.

You're missing the point. Peel back a couple of layers.

I'm not missing any points. I'll get zero return if/when the .gov starts taking 3 k more from me. My quality of life (if 3k made a difference) would only go down.

I have a friend that bought a Honda Civic in the mid 2000's to save money on his 25 mile a day commute over driving an F150 pickup. He spent more just to insure the Civic than he saved in gas money, but when I pointed that out to him, he got mad and refused to see it.

I was called everything but a human being the day I pointed out to one of my my wife's friends that she was paying to go to work. I explained that by the time they paid for daycare, her car payment, gas and other normal work expenses they were losing money.

Only 1 the rest that make that or close do so with commission not wages.
Fair enough.
Hopefully they can one day find a job that allows them to obtain that coveted middle class status.

Fair enough.
Hopefully they can one day find a job that allows them to obtain that coveted middle class status.

Hopefully so. Some could right now if they wanted to drive to Nashville or be on the road away from home more. Choices.

Stop. You damn well you messed up with your pothole comment when talking about income taxes.

Luther may have stumbled across the real issue in his posts. It probably doesn't cost an arm and a leg to take care of potholes. The bureaucracies dedicated to pothole management are another thing entirely. Imagine the size of the gas tax it would take to maintain federal, state, and local bureaucracies dedicated just to roads, their supervision, and welfare. Not to mention the bureaucracies necessary to maintain, support, and otherwise supervise the roadwork bureaucracies ... and the support, maintenance, and supervisory bureaucracies to handle those bureaucracies. And then there are the regulators and even more bureaucracies. Imagine your company run by the government rather than just being subject to government regulators.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Luther may have stumbled across the real issue in his posts. It probably doesn't cost an arm and a leg to take care of potholes. The bureaucracies dedicated to pothole management are another thing entirely. Imagine the size of the gas tax it would take to maintain federal, state, and local bureaucracies dedicated just to roads, their supervision, and welfare. Not to mention the bureaucracies necessary to maintain, support, and otherwise supervise the roadwork bureaucracies ... and the support, maintenance, and supervisory bureaucracies to handle those bureaucracies. And then there are the regulators and even more bureaucracies. Imagine your company run by the government rather than just being subject to government regulators.
I think Luther works for the government so he has no clue what it's like to make a living outside of the government teet. He doesn't know what it's like to have to perform to keep a job versus just show up.

VN Store

Back