Zero Tolerance Follies

You are property of the state - if you fail to treat the state's property appropriately you will be sanctioned.

This I don't understand

The Vernon Schools Superintendent, Charles Maranzano, stands by the principal and says she was just doing her job. Their school policy as well as the law requires that administration investigate any situation when a student feels uncomfortable or threatened by another student. Maranzano added, "We never know what's percolating in the mind of children, okay. And when they demonstrate behaviors that raise red flags, we must do our duty."

On Monday, Ethan Chaplin returned to school after missing two days. WPIX 11 reports that the Vernon Township School District leadership has stated that Ethan Chaplin was never removed from school. Superintendent Charles Maranzano told the station, “I don’t think any district in New Jersey or America would ever suspend a student for twirling a pencil. That’s ludicrous.”

so did it happen or not?

Aren't teachers supposed to know "what's percolating in the mind of children,"?

Teen Girl Ejected From Prom Because Horny Dads Can't Stop Staring

IMG_20140510_190019.jpg

Imagine that...

Jesus, Republicans and NRA banned on school website | Fox News

For example, the Connecticut Republican Party website was blocked. The Connecticut Democratic Party website was not blocked. National Right to Life was blocked, but Planned Parenthood was not blocked. Connecticut Family, a pro-traditional marriage group, was blocked, but LGBT Nation was not blocked.

Andrew found that even Pope Francis was blocked from the school’s web service. But although he could not access the Vatican website, the school allowed him to access an Islamic website.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't sure if this deserved it's own thread or not:

Historic fail? Greatest Americans missing from proposed curriculum | Fox News

New history curriculum standards proposed for top high school students leave out such American icons as Benjamin Franklin and Martin Luther King, Jr., paint colonists as bigots and gloss over the Greatest Generation's fight to save the world from Nazi Germany, according to conservative education activists who want the framework delayed — and perhaps scrapped altogether.

An open letter circulated by conservative education activists is calling on The College Board to delay implementing new Advanced Placement U.S. History guidelines, saying a “rising tide of opposition” believes the curriculum will take the nation’s classrooms in a bad direction.

What is it with present-day conservatives always trying to liken themselves to the founding fathers? And despite the fact they endorse a specific theocracy and reduced representation of the poor and least powerful in our society.

Remarkable.

The irony of posting this "story," which simply parrots the opinion of one side, and has zero input from the other, in a thread about no tolerance....

Yep. You're the bastion of fair and balanced...

The irony of posting this "story," which simply parrots the opinion of one side, and has zero input from the other, in a thread about no tolerance....

Do you have a contrary article you'd like to post?

Do you have a contrary article you'd like to post?

As soon as you post a news story with an objective examination about the issue, and not just repeating an opinion letter from a far right organization as though it were fact, I'll get right on that.

As soon as you post a news story with an objective examination about the issue, and not just repeating an opinion letter from a far right organization as though it were fact, I'll get right on that.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just saying "no" instead.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back