Jones now has hottest seat in SEC

This is true. Outside of Alabama, there is nothing special about the SEC West this year and before someone yells "Mississippi State!", let's see their game with Georgia first. I think they lose - badly.

I wish this were true; however, somehow Tennessee (under Butch) cannot beat west teams.

I wish this were true; however, somehow Tennessee (under Butch) cannot beat west teams.

Doesn't tell the whole story because one of the west teams is always Alabama. The others have been Auburn '13 (played for the National Championship), Ole Miss '14 (was a very good team until the end of the season) and then you have the home loss to Arkansas '15 (admittedly a bad loss) and Texas A&M '16 (another bad loss but it was in OT and on the road). Posters who cite the 0-8 record are obviously trying to make it sound worse than it really is. Who in the SEC East has beaten Alabama since 2013? Nobody.

Now, if we lose at home to LSU in November - flame away.

Last edited:
There's almost more guys on the hot seat than not. I wouldn't be surprise to see at least 6 guys let go between now and the end of the year. I think 4 is a definite unless there are some miraculous turnarounds by these guys.

1a. Sumlin
1b. McElwain
1c. Butch
4. Odom
5. Beilema
6. Malzan

I'm not here to start another argument thread. Just bringing information from outside sources. Interesting that Bielema is not rated higher IMO.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...et-fired-first-coaches-hot-seat-odds-updated/

Last year Mullen and Mason would have been high on the list - I don't think barely losing one game to a rival you were expected to lose to at their field merits the same kind of fallout as losing by 30 to the cowbells or the dogcrap fire that is Missouri and Arkansas currently.

A lot of ball left to be played -- our team is potentially very good and now we will see how " resilient" this group is.

Breaking in a new qb, new receivers, new dbs, the likelihood of us getting things together is just as good or better than the alternative.

May the force be with us.

Reactions: 2 people
The audible. As if A. Butch shouldn’t have put a stop to it
B. Taught his qb you don’t audible out in that situation
C. It was the only coaching atrocity that week, this season or in Butch’s five years here.

Sweet. I’ll have whatever you’re having.

Tell me Bill, how would you put a stop to an audible at the line of scrimmage? A. Read his lips from the sideline and immediately run out on the field and call a time out? B. Bring the QB to the sideline and tell him never to call an audible again. C. Remind yourself that whatever happens Bill will blame me anyway so it really won't matter.

Reactions: 1 person
Tell me Bill, how would you put a stop to an audible at the line of scrimmage? A. Read his lips from the sideline and immediately run out on the field and call a time out? B. Bring the QB to the sideline and tell him never to call an audible again. C. Remind yourself that whatever happens Bill will blame me anyway so it really won't matter.

If you’re the coach and you can’t learn an audible is being called, we’ve got serious issues. If you’re the coach and your goal line scenarios aren’t set in stone, we’ve got problems. And, if all else fails, a timeout isn’t the end of the world.

1. It's all about expectations. Arky football doesn't have the lofty expectations that Tennessee football rightfully does.

2. Surprised that Sumlin doesn't have best odds at being fired first. AD laid down gauntlet in preseason, awful loss vs UCLA, has looked bad/struggled in all 3 games

Trouble is that John Kelly was not running like a man possessed on 72% of his carries. He had several long runs which is why the numbers where what they were. Inside the 25 or so, UF starting stuffing all Tennessee RBs for 1 yard, no gain and losses.

12 of his carries were 5 yards or less with 4 either no gains or loss of yard. Except for 2 long runs of 38 and 34 UF pretty much keep JK contained.

With this post, you are 100% a confirmed blithering idiot. Jeez dude, you'll stop at absolutely nothing.....so now John Kelly isn't all that good. Jesus.

Reactions: 2 people
Then why not put it in 1 of the 1,000,000 other fahr Butch threads?

Your story has a journalist that, not suprisingly, doesn't do his homework.

Fake news alert.

And the story has no real facts. No AD source, no Booster source. They are basing it all on the idiots that Twitter allows to tweet.

I'll say it again, Twitter needs to have an Einstein equation requirement to login.

Dude, did you read the article? Better yet, you got comprehension problems? The story is based off the odds of a betting website. That's it. It's not "twitter", it's no ADs or boosters or anything else...it's based on a betting website with oddsmakers laying odds.

Swear to goodness, you're either related to Butch or you're Butch himself.

Reactions: 4 people
Hey maybe it is just me, but I would like to see us line up under center (3rd or 4th and lass than one.....or goal line and one or less to go).........and that is all coaching. I know Tennessee has a "system" but please for the love of cake have just one QB sneak, under center play (and hey if the coach hates it just use it once in a blue moon.......like the many times we have needed it over the past few years).

Considering the talent Jones has recruited, he's near the bottom of the SEC in game day coaching and player development.
While the next few games will certainly help determine his fate, my confidence in Jones is very low.....I just don't think Jones will ever win any championships while at UT, do you?

I suggest Butch just remain standing because at this point that seat is way too hot to sit in.

VN Store

Back