Jones now has hottest seat in SEC

Hey maybe it is just me, but I would like to see us line up under center (3rd or 4th and lass than one.....or goal line and one or less to go).........and that is all coaching. I know Tennessee has a "system" but please for the love of cake have just one QB sneak, under center play (and hey if the coach hates it just use it once in a blue moon.......like the many times we have needed it over the past few years).

You have to try it the first play. Have Kelly run in and help push him into the endzone. If that doesn't work, run Kelly behind Trey. If that doesn't work, fake to a diving Kelly over the top and throw a jump pass to a wide open Callaway who was open because we had run 2 straight running plays and we catch them off guard with a jump pass. That is all.

Trouble is that John Kelly was not running like a man possessed on 72% of his carries. He had several long runs which is why the numbers where what they were. Inside the 25 or so, UF starting stuffing all Tennessee RBs for 1 yard, no gain and losses.

12 of his carries were 5 yards or less with 4 either no gains or loss of yard. Except for 2 long runs of 38 and 34 UF pretty much keep JK contained.

My god.

So it's Kelly's fault? LOL.

230+ yards from scrimmage??? Leads the SEC right now???

And its somehow his fault? Not the dumb ass millionaires?

Shameful to defend a coach so hard you start tossing players under the bus. Butch is paid a lot of money to accept responsibility for the team's performance. Times like these are when he earns his money.

Coach Jones will NOT be fired this year. It simply ain't going to happen.

However, if Coach Jones does not win the East next season, he will be let go.

A bunch of cretins posting thread after thread calling for his firing will not make it happen.

Reactions: 6 people

A bunch of cretins posting thread after thread calling for his firing will not make it happen.

I would love to know what you’re basing this post on.

I don't think Coach Jones is retained if he loses to Kentucky or Vandy and goes 6-6. Not saying he will, but you are saying regardless of what happens he gets another season. Have you talked with someone involved in the decision making who stated that?

You started another "should Butch be fired" type of thread. Just wondering what your own opinion is.

I have tried to give Jones the benefit of the doubt with the absolute mess he inherited. However, he has recruited extremely well, but doesn't have much to show other than a couple 9 win seasons to include a bowl. I think he coaches tight and conservative, which goes against the type of offense he wants to run. Player development is nowhere near it should be, IMO. If I was the AD, and Jones went 8-4 or worse with no SEC championship game, I'd kindly ask that he leave.

The audible. As if A. Butch shouldn’t have put a stop to it
B. Taught his qb you don’t audible out in that situation
C. It was the only coaching atrocity that week, this season or in Butch’s five years here.

Sweet. I’ll have whatever you’re having.

I liked that QD changed the play. It was the right call.

Reactions: 1 person
We know about QD calling the audible. Everyone shoukd by niw including journalists.

OK, let's go with the QD called an audible. Many have said you DO NOT audible to a pass play in that situation. FWIW, I agree with this.

Scenario #1 Butch did not realize QD called an audible. If not, he is either stupid or has TERRIBLE in game awareness. Most likely the latter.

Scenario #2, Butch knew he called an audible and didn't stop the play from being run (call a TO). See results of scenario #1.

You CAN NOT let that situation get away from you. Not when you're playing in the Swamp against a Florida defense..

OK, let's go with the QD called an audible. Many have said you DO NOT audible to a pass play in that situation. FWIW, I agree with this.

Scenario #1 Butch did not realize QD called an audible. If not, he is either stupid or has TERRIBLE in game awareness. Most likely the latter.

Scenario #2, Butch knew he called an audible and didn't stop the play from being run (call a TO). See results of scenario #1.

You CAN NOT let that situation get away from you. Not when you're playing in the Swamp against a Florida defense..

We actually got the penalty and 1st and goal from closer. So it worked out for the best. Right call either way. 9 vs 7 usually wins.

There is another scenario that you failed to mention. Butch knew that QD called an audible and trusted his players on the field to be successful.

I am not taking up for Butch. But I have seen plenty of NFL QBs throw on the goal line.

Reactions: 2 people
200w.gif

Reactions: 2 people
There is another scenario that you failed to mention. Butch knew that QD called an audible and trusted his players on the field to be successful.

I am not taking up for Butch. But I have seen plenty of NFL QBs throw on the goal line.

Agreed, but QD is NOT an NFL QB. He's a young college QB, starting the 3rd game of his career 1st in the swamp, with a RB that's making it look easy on the team.

I realize it's oh so easy to say this as I sit on my couch after the fact. I WANT Butch to succeed but here we are in year FIVE and he's still making football 101 mistakes.. I don't share the belief to fire him now but I've unfortunately lost all confidence in him.

Dude, did you read the article? Better yet, you got comprehension problems? The story is based off the odds of a betting website. That's it. It's not "twitter", it's no ADs or boosters or anything else...it's based on a betting website with oddsmakers laying odds.

Swear to goodness, you're either related to Butch or you're Butch himself.

Yes I did, did you read it? The guy says Butch jumped up in this bs list because of passing the ball. I was commenting on what he had written.

I'm on Volnation way to much to be Butch. We all know he works 24/7.

VN Store

Back