'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

It's been said that there are 4-5 guys on the committment list that won't be here come NSD. Jackson is gone, Dews will possibly greyshirt or go elsewhere. So those commitments from Reed and Mosley along with the Berry's puts us at 30. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I don't want to loose Dews I just have feeling he's going to be a really good player in a few years. He is also a player that is athletic that can make an impact on special teams

Is Mosley taking any more visits? If he is going to be a VOL, he should announce sooner than later especially since we only have a few spots left.

Butch don't play.

Not at all.

If he commits on Friday that will prove my thinking that we have held him off completely wrong. No chance we held him off and would take him now.

I think he would be a good get just think a Jc DT would be a better choice. Maybe we can take both but i don't see how.

Lets be respectful and refrain from speculating on Vol commits. If it happens it happens, but discussing names is not productive especially since none of us know squat.

Reactions: 8 people
Lets be respectful and refrain from speculating on Vol commits. If it happens it happens, but discussing names is not productive especially since none of us know squat.

I agree. It's going to work out. CBJ and staff have their reputations and they are not going to put any of it in Jeopardy. We do more damage speculating as fans without any knowledge. Several recruits have through twitter has stated the opposite of what has been posted. I trust what they are hearing from the coaches mouth versus what a fan is stating on this board.

I am speculating that it is going to all work out and that the coaches know the ins and outs already. If they didn't then we would not already have the number or commits we do and we surely would not be allowing anybody to publicly commit on Friday Night.

Last edited:
Get two 300+ LBs DT commits and ask a 220 LB DE to look around? Makes sense...

It depends really.

If that DE can get a pass rush(something we are missing), he could prove to be a great get. Also a quick DE might help us with our lack of speed on the edges and running down plays from behind.

Yeah, not even the slightest chance that Henderson is asked to look elsewhere... Not sure where you got that idea from, Dominic.

Didn't say he would be asked to look elsewhere, but if we bring in more DL I think some guys might get curious if as much PT will be available as they originally thought when they jumped on board. Everyone is saying "numbers will work themselves out" I'm just throwing out different possibilities.

Didn't say he would be asked to look elsewhere, but if we bring in more DL I think some guys might get curious if as much PT will be available as they originally thought when they jumped on board. Everyone is saying "numbers will work themselves out" I'm just throwing out different possibilities.

Once again, it's not a good idea to speculate names.

Reactions: 6 people

They don't even play the same position...

I would guess that the coaching staff will handle the "numbers" without our help. I know they've not called me asking for suggestions.

Reactions: 2 people
Doug Matthews is one that keeps beating this drum. He hinted that we will be "suggesting" lower guys on our board to look around, which I don't like the thought of. Oh well, who am I? Just a fan.
The only "lower guys" are Raulerson, Medley (K) and the 2* db, Mosley. I think Mosley is an EE and it seems like the staff really likes him, despite his low service rating/offer list.

I would perhaps ask Medley to grayshirt or go the preferred walkon route. Would also ask Paulk to grayshirt due to the ACL injury. Can't contribute next year, anyway...might as well allow the team to get an extra "brick," knowing that you're scholarship offer still stands...just push back enrollment a few months.

The only "lower guys" are Raulerson, Medley (K) and the 2* db, Mosley. I think Mosley is an EE and it seems like the staff really likes him, despite his low service rating/offer list.

I would perhaps ask Medley to grayshirt or go the preferred walkon route. Would also ask Paulk to grayshirt due to the ACL injury. Can't contribute next year, anyway...might as well allow the team to get an extra "brick," knowing that you're scholarship offer still stands...just push back enrollment a few months.

Medley cannot gray shirt. Palardy is gone next year, and Bullock was not world class in high school. I think this year, Palardy has proven how important a good leg is.

Reactions: 3 people
Medley cannot gray shirt. Palardy is gone next year, and Bullock was not world class in high school. I think this year, Palardy has proven how important a good leg is.

Also proves how well he takes to being coached by a coach that instills confidence in his players. Dooley's pep talk was don't "F" it up when he went out and I honestly don't think he ever received any coaching on kicking.

Henderson was rated 7th best defensive lineman overall at "the opening". Absolutely we still want him. I do not see us asking anyone to de-commit at all.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back