'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Yes. But I think we'll win more than 7 regular season games next year. With all the JUCO's and EE's Butch is bringing in I don't think we miss a beat and with a full year of the system in place and the EE's having all spring and summer I expect 8+. 8-4 regular season and recruiting will be as good or better.
Thanks Ron :hi:

What is the non-conference schedule like next year? Depending on that I could see them winning 7 or 8 games. When you are building up your program you should take a page out of Vandy's book and play 4 very winnable non-conference games and Tennessee doesnt seem to do that.

What is the non-conference schedule like next year? Depending on that I could see them winning 7 or 8 games. When you are building up your program you should take a page out of Vandy's book and play 4 very winnable non-conference games and Tennessee doesnt seem to do that.

think we play @ oklahoma?
here is the whole schedule

Date Opponent Location
Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Utah state, Arkansas State, Oklahoma, and Chattanooga.

think we play @ oklahoma?
here is the whole schedule

Date Opponent Location
Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Thanks. I dont see 8 wins with that Oklahoma road game on there. I was hoping it was 4 non-conference games that were almost locks to win. Looks like a 6-6 / 7-5 year to me.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL Good grief. How far in advance was this scheduled? It it was at any time post-2008 while the program was in the cellar than what a stupid move. Granted, it's not Oregon of this year, but that is still a very loseable game.

I'd like to see them bump that game a few years and pickup an easy W game. With our conference schedule there's no need for these big OOC games in a rebuilding phase.

Reactions: 3 people
LOL Good grief. How far in advance was this scheduled? It it was at any time post-2008 while the program was in the cellar than what a stupid move. Granted, it's not Oregon of this year, but that is still a very loseable game.

Oklahoma isn't as dominant as they've been the past several years. Hell, Texas A&M routed them in the cotton bowl last year, even though everyone said OU would win big.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess I just wasn't paying close attention to the schedule this year or next. Will the two open dates be the norm going forward?

Just received another text. This is from a teacher at Brighton High

"I have faith that it's going to be Tennessee!! He's announcing tonight :)"

Oh and the picture included in the text is of Mosley and the teacher together....and the teacher is wearing a UT shirt. :salute:

33580-Ron-Swanson-smiling-gif-Q4F6.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Working from home today. And the wife just brought to my desk a deliciously marinated and medium-cooked steak.

While this might not be quite as indicative as a tennessee cake, it is Gonna be a good day. Big Charles is a vol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Thanks. I dont see 8 wins with that Oklahoma road game on there. I was hoping it was 4 non-conference games that were almost locks to win. Looks like a 6-6 / 7-5 year to me.
That OU game won't be as rough as you think it will. We are on pace to go 6-6 or 7-5 this year with far less talent at the skill positions and a much more difficult schedule.

Next year will be much brighter than that.

That OU game won't be as rough as you think it will. We are on pace to go 6-6 or 7-5 this year with far less talent at the skill positions and a much more difficult schedule.

Next year will be much brighter than that.

I hope you're right, but OU is far from a given or a game I feel good about. There will definitely be more talent at the skill positions next year. My biggest concern for next year is the offensive line. While they should be improved at most positions, I dont see any way the Oline doesn't take a big step back. It's hard to replace all of those guys that will be leaving.

VN Store

Back