'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I'd like to see them bump that game a few years and pickup an easy W game. With our conference schedule there's no need for these big OOC games in a rebuilding phase.

Completely agree but I was hoping they would do the same with Oregon but it didn't happen. You schedule games like that when you are ready to play for championships.

Reactions: 1 person
That OU game won't be as rough as you think it will. We are on pace to go 6-6 or 7-5 this year with far less talent at the skill positions and a much more difficult schedule.

Next year will be much brighter than that.

OU will still have more talent and depth across the board. It won't be anything like Oregon but it will still be a difficult game.

Completely agree but I was hoping they would do the same with Oregon but it didn't happen. You schedule games like that when you are ready to play for championships.

Jimmy has basically bought vandy a win or two a year the last two years

Working from home today. And the wife just brought to my desk a deliciously marinated and medium-cooked steak.

While this might not be quite as indicative as a tennessee cake, it is Gonna be a good day. Big Charles is a vol.

You work from home and your wife brings you steak. Slow clap?

Reactions: 3 people
Working from home today. And the wife just brought to my desk a deliciously marinated and medium-cooked steak.

While this might not be quite as indicative as a tennessee cake, it is Gonna be a good day. Big Charles is a vol.

Pic or it didn't happen.

I hope you're right, but OU is far from a given or a game I feel good about. There will definitely be more talent at the skill positions next year. My biggest concern for next year is the offensive line. While they should be improved at most positions, I dont see any way the Oline doesn't take a big step back. It's hard to replace all of those guys that will be leaving.

The good thing is that OU is awful on offense, and thy lose three top RB's, 2 starting WR's, and starting TE. Their front 7 is young but lose 2-3 in secondary. I really don't know too much about their young players, but that games doesn't scare me as much as it once did. Of course, they are still good. However, we hope that our young talent is playing well enough in game 3.

I agree that the lines have always been the concern next year, but I feel much better now that we have some Juco's coming in.

A whole new OL is not going to help us win next year. C'mon guys. We are losing too much in the trenches this year. Season after next is when the situation will begin to stabilize. IMO. I am not expecting much next year just because of that. If Football is really won in the trenches we are going to have trouble. I have seen a drop off in blocking when the second string comes in. Unless the staff really does work miracles.

A whole new OL is not going to help us win next year. C'mon guys. We are losing too much in the trenches this year. Season after next is when the situation will begin to stabilize. IMO. I am not expecting much next year just because of that. If Football is really won in the trenches we are going to have trouble. I have seen a drop off in blocking when the second string comes in. Unless the staff really does work miracles.

We have a lot of backup guys who have been getting valuable snaps this year. We wont be great on the OL next year but we will be good. It's not like everyone who is going to start next year will be freshman. They will have had a year in the system and are familiar with each other.

Obviously we need to win games next year, but that Ole Miss one is a big deal IMO. West Tennesse recruiting and we need to show up the "up and coming Ole miss team"' really need that one. It's like the Auburn game this year to me. Auburn has burned us on some good recruits, would love to beat them.
But Ole Miss is one we need next year since we are both programs with young coaches who can sell their universities.

I hope you're right, but OU is far from a given or a game I feel good about. There will definitely be more talent at the skill positions next year. My biggest concern for next year is the offensive line. While they should be improved at most positions, I dont see any way the Oline doesn't take a big step back. It's hard to replace all of those guys that will be leaving.

Yep. Losing the entire offensive line is going to be tough.

It is at least good that we will be replacing them with guys that have been on campus for a couple years, like Kerbyson, Crowder, and Jackson. Sanders and Wiseman will have had a year to bulk up a little. Bringing in Blair will help...

It won't be as bad as having to start a bunch of freshman like we did a few years ago, but will definitely still be a huge adjustment.

I am anxious to see who we finish with on the DL. I would really like to see us take two more JUCOs to go with Lambert. We have to get some guys in here that are ready to play right away, because we are also losing a lot on the DL as well...

The only thing I "like" about next year's OL is that the two I have noticed playing this year (Crowder and one other) played a little nastier than the current starters when it comes to finishing blocks.

I found myself wanting to see more of Crowder. Seldom would I say something like this but I think we will see him as an upgrade over Stone.

I like the interior of next year's line. The tackles are up in the air at this point. Hard to get any better than Tiny and Jajuan.

The only thing I "like" about next year's OL is that the two I have noticed playing this year (Crowder and one other) played a little nastier than the current starters when it comes to finishing blocks.

I found myself wanting to see more of Crowder. Seldom would I say something like this but I think we will see him as an upgrade over Stone.

isn't Marcus Jackson red shirting this year, too? we should have some experience (no much) on the line next year with crowder, kerbyson, pair, and Jackson.

Might as well get used to it and it is going to help everyone grow up fast. I believe people are going to find the cupcake games are going to haunt teams when it comes time for the playoff committee to do their thing.

We have a lot of backup guys who have been getting valuable snaps this year. We wont be great on the OL next year but we will be good. It's not like everyone who is going to start next year will be freshman. They will have had a year in the system and are familiar with each other.

I agree with what you are saying. I just don't think starting a whole new OL is confidence inspiring. These guys are calling for 8-9 wins in spite of it. I hope so, but I don't see it. That is a lot to ask of a completely new OL. If Tiny would come back to protect the blind side I would feel much better. We have no one I know of ready to take his place...yet.

Last edited:
I feel pretty good about the interior OL as well next year...it is mostly Tackle I am worried about. Losing JJ and Tiny is a huge problem. Thanks to doofus for signing no OL in that class...sorry for bringing him up.

I agree with what you are saying. I just don't think starting a whole new OL is confidence inspiring. These guys are calling for 8-9 wins in spite of it. I hope so, but I don't see it. That is a lot to ask of a completely new OL. If Tiny would come back to protect the blind side I would feel much better. We have no one I know of ready to take his place...yet.

His name is Dontavius Blair. And no disrespect to Tiny, but his offer list coming from JUCO is actually better than Richardson's out of HS. Lot of programs were convinced that he could be an immediate plug in at LT. If God willing Tiny stays, Blair would go to RT and our talent level would be absurd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
His name is Dontavius Blair. And no disrespect to Tiny, but his offer list coming from JUCO is actually better than Richardson's out of HS. Lot of programs were convinced that he could be an immediate plug in at LT. If God willing Tiny stays he would go to RT and our talent level would be absurd.

I think pinning your hopes on a new guy is a rough road to hoe. I think getting Blair is great, we just don't know what he is going to do till he actually plays however. That is why I said I think year after next is when the OL situation stabilizes enough to really expect a great season. I hope I am wrong and they turn out to be the second coming of the Hogs. :)

VN Store

Back