'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

SEC size does not seem to have helped McCullers.Size,strength,technique and desire are the right combinations and most freshmen do not have the strength or technique to compete in their 1st year in SEC.
If he is indeed an EE, he'll get a chance to work on his technique a full 8-9 months before the start of the season. It's usually a matter of HS DT's not having the SIZE, that holds them back from playing. O'brien is a good example. He is still a bit undersized...but not as much as Hood.

I still think Mosley can get into the rotation on running downs, as a freshman. Look at Ole Miss. They recruited the big name DT last year, and he is starting for them.

You might say..."well, that's because he's good." How do you know Mosley is not?

If he is indeed an EE, he'll get a chance to work on his technique a full 8-9 months before the start of the season. It's usually a matter of HS DT's not having the SIZE, that holds them back from playing. O'brien is a good example. He is still a bit undersized...but not as much as Hood.

I still think Mosley can get into the rotation on running downs, as a freshman. Look at Ole Miss. They recruited the big name DT last year, and he is starting for them.

You might say..."well, that's because he's good." How do you know Mosley is not?

Nkemdiche was the #1 overall player in the country for a reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Reed, Lambert, O'Brien, Saulsberry, Carr,Barnett, Thomas/Mosley.

Not great but really not worse than what we have now. Slightly better IMO.

After watching the DL against Mizzou you may be right. We really need Reed or Lamin. I wish we could get both plus Mosley and if we have a numbers problem then work something out. You can't really rely on Barnett and Moseley much until they've had a year in the weight program. We need Carr to come in and produce next year. Getting Sauls back and healthy will help.

wouldn't hurt my feeling if he went to bama that way he could carry saban around in a baby bjorn during practice

Hearing he loves Tenn, but Saban promising him a NFL pick. Parents liking that about Bama

didn't know Saban had that much respect/pull with the NFL that he could make those type of promises...

If he is going to make it to NFL he can do it wherever he plays

So the NFL's taking bench-warmers now? Cause that's what he'll be at Bama.

Really??? Are we recruiting players who are no better than bench warmers at Bama? We should be recruiting players who will be starters AND starters-in-waiting (i.e. bench warmers) that Bama and any other SEC team would want as starters. Let's get our priorities straight.

Really??? Are we recruiting players who are no better than bench warmers at Bama? We should be recruiting players who will be starters AND starters-in-waiting (i.e. bench warmers) that Bama and any other SEC team would want as starters. Let's get our priorities straight.

Come back to this forum in 4-5 years.

Then all of these HS kids will/should be benchwarmers for Vols

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back