'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Just out of curiosity. I want to land Mosley super bad. But why is he not that highly rated ? All our other d line commits are 4 stars except for henderson. Is Mosley gonna get bumped up in the the rankings?

Just out of curiosity. I want to land Mosley super bad. But why is he not that highly rated ? All our other d line commits are 4 stars except for henderson. Is Mosley gonna get bumped up in the the rankings?

He got a bump in the rankings a while back, but it was a bump down.

From what I understand, Mosley is rough around the edges. Doesn't get good leverage and does not use his weight effectively.

he is rated fairly high on 247 but not anywhere else. im not sure what i think about him. i know he has a ton of potential but i havent really seen him in action.

From what I understand, Mosley is rough around the edges. Doesn't get good leverage and does not use his weight effectively.

Or do anything to get his weight under control. Still disgusts me that Brown started to reshape himself early and Mosley won't.

So was Allan Carson and we all saw how much playing time he got. Staff has said they are planning to bring in 2 more JUCO DL.
Carson is 6'1" and about 320lbs. Rated a 3* player. Not comparable to Mosley...at all. But nice try, though...and you can always try to find an exception to the rule. Even JUCO players don't always pan out. See Woody Quinn for further review.

Wood quinn was a project when they took him amd they knew how do you exspect him to play or start when he has no experience. He still has the potential to play

Wood quinn was a project when they took him amd they knew how do you exspect him to play or start when he has no experience. He still has the potential to play

Juco players are signed to fill immediate needs.

Quinn was a clear miss by the staff. We needed him to play this year with our very poor TE situation.

Would rule out Quinn helping Team 117, but not Team 118. He could contribute in the passing game next season with his athleticism if he works hard in the off season. If that happens he is a good transitional guy until the new guys are ready.

We are going to see a much more advanced offense next season IMO. Jake does not have confidence in the TE situation at all in his play calling here as compared to Cincy.

We need Big Charles for Team 119 forward. Lawson and Strib will get him ready.

I am continuously amazed by so many people wanting to rely on JUCOs. 2-3 a year are good to take because 1 of them will contribute. They are big hit-or-miss prospects, and people are clamoring for them because they are impatient. You have to be careful with JUCOs if you want program stability.

I am continuously amazed by so many people wanting to rely on JUCOs. 2-3 a year are good to take because 1 of them will contribute. They are big hit-or-miss prospects, and people are clamoring for them because they are impatient. You have to be careful with JUCOs if you want program stability.

I couldn't like this post enough if this program had a solid foundation. The problem it isn't. We need to get lucky and hit closer to 75% than the 50/50 mentioned here on these kids

Reactions: 1 person
Juco players are signed to fill immediate needs.

Quinn was a clear miss by the staff. We needed him to play this year with our very poor TE situation.

Previous staff really helped sell current staff on Quinn.

Jmo, flex him out for jump balls. He has hops. But I'm gonna guess that this has also been tried in practice...

Still prefer Quinn over the TE felon that vandy/franklin outrecruited UT for :)

VN Store

Back