'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Yep. I can't see anyway we take more than 1 more hs DL. Elam completely being out now may have finally given Mosley a spot he can commit to.

I think we take 2 more DTs. I believe Mosley will have one spot and either Lamin/Reed get the other one. I'm not sold on some of our current commits sending in an LOI come NSD.

I get what you guys are saying and with him pushing back announcing many times it makes sense he's being slow played. But if he wasn't a take why would Hubbs and Fortenberry continually say he's at the top of the board and the staff wants him in this class?

They weren't shy saying Poona, Williams and the Oregon kid weren't takes. Why wouldn't they say the same here if that were the case? Just because he's instate maybe?

I get what you guys are saying and with him pushing back announcing many times it makes sense he's being slow played. But if he wasn't a take why would Hubbs and Fortenberry continually say he's at the top of the board and the staff wants him in this class?

They weren't shy saying Poona, Williams and the Oregon kid weren't takes. Why wouldn't they say the same here if that were the case? Just because he's instate maybe?

Instate and maybe the staff off the record told VQ the others wouldn't be takes under any circumstance. IMO Mosley is a take at some point

Instate and maybe the staff off the record told VQ the others wouldn't be takes under any circumstance. IMO Mosley is a take at some point

I believe this is correct. I am wondering if maybe the staff wanted to take only one of Lamin and Mosley, since Lamin is a 3 year guy. They have kept telling Mosley to hold off until after Lamin's OV, so they can get a read if they have a chance. That would be why Lamin is getting pressured into committing. Either commit now, or you lose your spot to Mosley. I think we will have a commit from one if the 2 in the next few days. If Lamin does confirm his commitment to USCe today, then I expect Mosley goes public within 24 hours.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe this is correct. I am wondering if maybe the staff wanted to take only one of Lamin and Mosley, since Lamin is a 3 year guy. They have kept telling Mosley to hold off until after Lamin's OV, so they can get a read if they have a chance. That would be why Lamin is getting pressured into committing. Either commit now, or you lose your spot to Mosley. I think we will have a commit from one if the 2 in the next few days. If Lamin does confirm his commitment to USCe today, then I expect Mosley goes public within 24 hours.

You make a good case but I'm not sure it's an either/or with those two. Lamin is an EE JUCO who can play day 1. Mosley is not an EE and he's a HS kid who will likely need a redshirt year. The staff is wanting 2 JUCO EE DT's who can start/play DAY ONE. I don't think Mosley is a day 1 contributor, very few HS DT's are. JMO

You make a good case but I'm not sure it's an either/or with those two. Lamin is an EE JUCO who can play day 1. Mosley is not an EE and he's a HS kid who will likely need a redshirt year. The staff is wanting 2 JUCO EE DT's who can start/play DAY ONE. I don't think Mosley is a day 1 contributor, very few HS DT's are. JMO

All very true. Just trying to make sense of why the coaches are slow playing Mosley if they really do want a HS DT, because he really is the only one that we have on the board that we are actively pursuing it seems. I was thinking that maybe they would prefer Lamin as a 3 year guy over any HS DT that we are recruiting at this point, on top of wanting 1-2 other JUCO DTs. Idk, just thinking out loud.

So, if Mosley and Reed commit, do you think UT will still be pushing for Heurtelou (assuming that Lamin sticks with USCe)?

All very true. Just trying to make sense of why the coaches are slow playing Mosley if they really do want a HS DT, because he really is the only one that we have on the board that we are actively pursuing it seems. I was thinking that maybe they would prefer Lamin as a 3 year guy over any HS DT that we are recruiting at this point, on top of wanting 1-2 other JUCO DTs. Idk, just thinking out loud.

I hear ya, it's anyone's guess at this point.

Ron, your recruting tweet u posted today about tht commit soon. Mosely is a Rivals Camp Alum, right?

I believe so but not positive.

So, if Mosley and Reed commit, do you think UT will still be pushing for Heurtelou (assuming that Lamin sticks with USCe)?

I think the staff wants 2 JUCO DT's even with Mosley. So yeah, I think they would take Mosley, Reed and Heurtelou if Lamin sticks with USCe. We'll see.

I hear ya, it's anyone's guess at this point.

I believe so but not positive.

I think the staff wants 2 JUCO DT's even with Mosley. So yeah, I think they would take Mosley, Reed and Heurtelou if Lamin sticks with USCe. We'll see.[/QUOTE

How many do we sign?? With/without the possible loophole? depends on how many EE we get, correct?

its gonna be a crazy couple months.

I hope they can pull at least 2 more juco DTs. What is your opinion on a few juco DTs that are left? Ones that can contribute from day one. Thanks.

VN Store

Back