'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Mosley may still be a Vol, but if he doesn't, I'll believe it's because Butch is looking for a different type of DT. After the Mixon and Thomas commits, I'm thinking Reed will be our last d line commit.

Not going to lose any sleep over Mosley. Of course...if he goes to Bama I'm sure he'll end up being all world. That's our luck...

I have felt that's the way CBJ would recruit DL from the beginning.

Get the DE athletic types and let some of them grow into DTs

That's the way Chief and Fulmer always developed their defenses! They converted safeties (and sometimes RB's) into linebackers. They converted linebackers into defensive ends, They converted defensive ends into defensive tackles, they converted defensive tackles into offensive guards, etc. The idea was to have as much speed and athleticism at each position as possible.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a confusing recruitment because it seems like he was gonna commit a hundred times but never did. I think I just grew tired of it.:crazy:

Haha I gotcha. Yeah, it can be frustrating but kids never know what they want. I want him to be a Vol too but can't be mad at him for visiting the No. 1 team, as much as I hate them

Haha I gotcha. Yeah, it can be frustrating but kids never know what they want. I want him to be a Vol too but can't be mad at him for visiting the No. 1 team, as much as I hate them

I really can't complain too much because our DL haul in this class is very strong. Best we've had in a long time.

For quite a while now I felt if bama would take him, that is where he wants to go. Maybe CBJ and staff don't care to be his 2nd choice.

If we end up finish with Thomas and Reed, that's gravy. I like their potential more. KnoxVillain said, he goes to Bama and ends up beasting it out, it'll sting a little. But I think he has more of a chance of not being all that.
Of course if he ends up in Orange, I didn't mean it. Lol

Lol didn't mean slight towards you. Just sayin

It's all good. The fact that Mosley is a TN kid makes me want to see him be a Vol. Talent/Need on the DL, I think there are several other SDE/DTs I'd rather see us get. I was very worried about the DL recruits not long ago. It has turned out pretty good. I can't complain.

I'd still take Jihad Ward.

It's all good. The fact that Mosley is a TN kid makes me want to see him be a Vol. Talent/Need on the DL, I think there are several other SDE/DTs I'd rather see us get. I was very worried about the DL recruits not long ago. It has turned out pretty good. I can't complain.

I'd still take Jihad Ward.

Where do we stand with ward?

What happened with Mosley not committing today? Is it because he visited Bama this weekend?

No, I think it's more his family want to visit campus again with him. They haven't been on campus since last February.

-Fortenberry

VN Store

Back