'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

If he was a future impact DT then he would be considered a DT. Not a OT/DT whatever he is big but we don't know exactly where he projects. We have enough freshman lineman now go get a couple starters for next yr And Malone. I'm from west tn and I'm not excited. I was excited about all the others Earnest Fields, George Kidd, Tyrone Hynes, Al Wilson, Chad Clifton, Trey Teague, Justin Harrell, Patrick Willis still SMDH but I'm not feelin this one.

I've been wanting to know this for awhile.

There are probably only a handful of people that can answer that on this board. Second, the ones that matter and the ones that know are the coaches. Don't think they will offer or pursue him if he does not have the potential.

Our recruiting approach has changed we are not just trying or chasing the the prom queen we are being selective about who we pursue.

If the coaches are after him then I don't see a problem with it and know they know he will cut it here in the SEC.

Last edited:
If he was a future impact DT then he would be considered a DT. Not a OT/DT whatever he is big but we don't know exactly where he projects. We have enough freshman lineman now go get a couple starters for next yr And Malone. I'm from west tn and I'm not excited. I was excited about all the others Earnest Fields, George Kidd, Tyrone Hynes, Al Wilson, Chad Clifton, Trey Teague, Justin Harrell, Patrick Willis still SMDH but I'm not feelin this one.

Golden Tornadoes did OK this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I have two concerns about our man Mosley, after he was my favorite early recruit.

1. He began to fall in the rankings after reportedly poor showings in camps this summer.

2. How has he done his senior year? Any highlights? I haven't seen any stats or reports. Does he play aggressive, or is he just big? I really want to know, because that makes a world of difference.

If Alabama still wants him as a DT what more do you need to know?

Yea they were underrated starting the year. Beat number 1 Humboldt and ran the table down the stretch and got a first round bye. Wouldn't be surprised if they bow out early or ended up in the championship game.

Looks like they have a good shot. My dad played there years ago.

I think that's a real big if.

Fans are never satisfied, if this were two years ago and Bama calls he goes. We wonder why he went and then find the reason is that Dooley and staff never contacted him.

Really doesn't matter if Bamako wants him or not, the only thing that matters is if CBJ and staff wants him.

I have two concerns about our man Mosley, after he was my favorite early recruit.

1. He began to fall in the rankings after reportedly poor showings in camps this summer.

2. How has he done his senior year? Any highlights? I haven't seen any stats or reports. Does he play aggressive, or is he just big? I really want to know, because that makes a world of difference.

he had 14 tackles on the year

Keep in mind he is a year younger than everyone he faced in his class.

From a poster on VQ...

"Met Charles Mosely at TD Club of Memphis

He is one mountain of a man. Legit 6/6-6//7 and 350.Based on the vibes I got from his
MOM its going down for the Vols soon. Cedric Wilson's son was offensive player of the week. It was a packed house and tremendous excitement. Butch had Elder and 3 others with him. Mosely is a real character joking from the podium when being recognized. He said UT definitely the leader. Harold Grader handling the presentations saying are you ready to commit now. Mosely said I select Memphis then everybody broke out laughing."

Reactions: 5 people
From a poster on VQ...

He is one mountain of a man. Legit 6/6-6//7 and 350.Based on the vibes I got from his
MOM its going down for the Vols soon. Cedric Wilson's son was offensive player of the week. It was a packed house and tremendous excitement. Butch had Elder and 3 others with him. Mosely is a real character joking from the podium when being recognized. He said UT definitely the leader. Harold Grader handling the presentations saying are you ready to commit now. Mosely said I select Memphis then everybody broke out laughing."
Poor Memphis

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like they have a good shot. My dad played there years ago.

That's awesome. More of a bball school went undefeated and won state couple years ago. Sent Stanley Caldwell to the vols mid 90's. but also always pretty tough in football too. Nice tradition. People underestimate the football here with UC, Milan, Westview, Hintingdon,Humboldt etc, lots of football tradition up in the northwest corner.

That's awesome. More of a bball school went undefeated and won state couple years ago. Sent Stanley Caldwell to the vols mid 90's. but also always pretty tough in football too. Nice tradition. People underestimate the football here with UC, Milan, Westview, Hintingdon,Humboldt etc, lots of football tradition up in the northwest corner.

Henry County has a decent football tradition too. Yes, I'm an alumnus. :)

Someone mentioned he is a year younger than his competition. In high school, 6'5 350 don't care how old you are.

Size is one thing. The extra strength and maturation gained in one year at that age is huge. Think of it this way, how do you think the lineman in the 2015 class would do against top lineman in the 2014 class. Now think of Mosley actually being in the 2015 class instead of the 2014 class, because that is his appropirate age for most graduating that year.

Size is one thing. The extra strength and maturation gained in one year at that age is huge. Think of it this way, how do you think the lineman in the 2015 class would do against top lineman in the 2014 class. Now think of Mosley actually being in the 2015 class instead of the 2014 class, because that is his appropirate age for most graduating that year.

Probably fare about like this:

8036209148_058970159d.jpg

:dunno:

From a poster on VQ...

Memphis is the punchline even in Memphis? :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back