'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Agreed and this is the 1st time in a longtime it's very reasonable to think Bama may very well want badly and him be a backup plan for us .

Times are a changing.

Never really thought of it that way.

I would love to think that Malone and Mosley will both be Vols.

Probably fare about like this:

8036209148_058970159d.jpg

:dunno:

What does that picture have to do with him going up against linemen in the SEC?

Size is one thing. The extra strength and maturation gained in one year at that age is huge. Think of it this way, how do you think the lineman in the 2015 class would do against top lineman in the 2014 class. Now think of Mosley actually being in the 2015 class instead of the 2014 class, because that is his appropirate age for most graduating that year.

So, what your saying is we should greyshirt him. Would help the numbers crunch we have.

1) Do you think CBJ and Co have told him he needs to jump on board or he will be left behind?
2) Do you think he is a definite take no matter how many we have committed?

"1. I don't think they have told him that he's going to get left out in the cold, but they have been pushing for a commitment.
2. I think so. But the numbers are going to get really, really interesting."

-Hubbs

"1. No, I think he, along with several others who have committed recently, have noticed that on their own.
2. Yes, he is a definite take."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
He was double and triple team a lot this year

source is a guy who's son plays for Brighton

Last edited:
Nope but was same argument that we were using for Dews to be greyshirted, because he is a year younger than his class.

Not a very good comparison though. Mosley has legit offers from many big time schools. Dews has one SEC offer to this point. If you tell Mosley to grey shirt, he just goes to Bama. You tell Dews to grey shirt, and he may so no but then ends up at Robert Madison. I'm not saying we grey shirt Dews either, but they are different situations. Also, we are looking at more of a position or positions of need with Mosley(OL/DL). I'm still not sure what Dews ends up playing.

Not a very good comparison though. Mosley has legit offers from many big time schools. Dews has one SEC offer to this point. If you tell Mosley to grey shirt, he just goes to Bama. You tell Dews to grey shirt, and he may so no but then ends up at Robert Madison. I'm not saying we grey shirt Dews either, but they are different situations. Also, we are looking at more of a position or positions of need with Mosley(OL/DL). I'm still not sure what Dews ends up playing.

Never mind. I was goofing around and you missed my point. I wasn't trying to say Mosley should be greyshirted.

1) Do you think CBJ and Co have told him he needs to jump on board or he will be left behind?
2) Do you think he is a definite take no matter how many we have committed?

"1. I don't think they have told him that he's going to get left out in the cold, but they have been pushing for a commitment.
2. I think so. But the numbers are going to get really, really interesting."

-Hubbs

"1. No, I think he, along with several others who have committed recently, have noticed that on their own.
2. Yes, he is a definite take."

- Fortenberry

GOING to get interesting? I think we're about a month past 'interesting'

Robert Madison? Lol and where is that?

Let's hope Mosley is better at his gap assignments then scheduling his announcement. I've thought he commmited 7-8 times by now.

Reactions: 2 people
That's awesome. More of a bball school went undefeated and won state couple years ago. Sent Stanley Caldwell to the vols mid 90's. but also always pretty tough in football too. Nice tradition. People underestimate the football here with UC, Milan, Westview, Hintingdon,Humboldt etc, lots of football tradition up in the northwest corner.

Milan's going downhill though. The rest I can agree with, and don't forget Trenton (Peabody). I think they're gonna to get something going over the next couple of years.

VN Store

Back