'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I was at 2001 Georgia game, and it was loud. Maybe the fact that this year was 12 years more recent, but the second half this year was amazing. I was at every game between 98-02 and either UF or UGA since then. The UF and Arkansas games in 98 were unbelievable at the end. I would say this year's Georgia was louder for a longer period of time.
I was at the Miami game a a few yrs back can't remember the exact yr, but the first play of the game it was either Gerald Riggs or cedrick Houston took the opening hand off like 76 yards and was tackled on the 4 yard line that was the loudest I ever heard it. If was crazy.

I was at 2001 Georgia game, and it was loud. Maybe the fact that this year was 12 years more recent, but the second half this year was amazing. I was at every game between 98-02 and either UF or UGA since then. The UF and Arkansas games in 98 were unbelievable at the end. I would say this year's Georgia was louder for a longer period of time.

I agree. UGA this year was the loudest I've heard Neyland for an extended period of time. Ever. Everything that happened after the UGA kicker bounced the ball off the upright seemed to fuel the fire. The hope and anticipation grew along with the noise as the game went on. The team and fans wanted that game as much or more than any other contest I've ever witnessed or directly been a part of.

The only other time I've heard it as loud as JRM's blocked punt was when Terry Fair intercepted Freddie Kitchens and returned it for a TD (before a penalty brought it back---which later set up the graham run) against bama in 96.

I was there. just about the whole 2nd half was loud. but to me the loudest part was in 2nd qrtr when UGA was going for it on 4th down ( ended up covering on a tipped pass that the Coleman-defended WR caught). My vision was shaking. It was awesome.

2nd place may be the blocked punt. Man that was insane.
Yes my vision was shaking too. That's the best way I can put it. I actually thought I was stroking out or had something wrong. I've never had my vision shake. The best I could tell is that when they walked to the line with the ball it would get loud....but then about the last second or two prior to the snap it just got unbareable. I kept blinking my eyes because I couldn't believe my vision was shaking.

I'm one to moan about the blue hairs sitting on their hands. But I was in section C row 17 seat 24 and had a little lady beside me who had to be in her 80s. She was raising absolute hell and made me look like a choir boy.

Honestly, it's probably gonna be about another two years until we're in every big game like that consistently. But that was enought to let me know that it's worth being patient and that Butch had turned the tides of the program.

Reactions: 6 people
The wildest I was ever at was the 98 Florida game. The other one that rivals it was the 81 Florida game where it was close at half and Dale Carter ran the 2nd half KO back. That was the play where he looked like a pinball bouncing of at least 6-8 defenders. The energy level was incredible and we went on to kill them.

I think Wilhoit's game winner in 2004 was the loudest the stadium has ever been. That was absolute insanity.

Yes that ranks up there for me. It's hard to rank spontaneous situations like a game winning FG, blocked punt, etc. but pre snap crowd noise against UGA was fierce. I will say the two loudest moments I think I've heard were actually boos. The boos for the Gaffney "catch" were pretty intimidating. But the Fulmer/Crompton boos against UF in 08' were the loudest....that was the loudest moment hands down. It caused Josh Nunes to fly back to Cali and de-commit in less than 24 hours. It was deafening and earth shaking.

The wildest I was ever at was the 98 Florida game. The other one that rivals it was the 81 Florida game where it was close at half and Dale Carter ran the 2nd half KO back. That was the play where he looked like a pinball bouncing of at least 6-8 defenders. The energy level was incredible and we went on to kill them.

The 98 Florida game was crazy, too! I was in the student section, section E, Row 15. Ended up being on the field afterwards… The last time that Neyland was rushed by the fans.

The 98 Florida game was crazy, too! I was in the student section, section E, Row 15. Ended up being on the field afterwards… The last time that Neyland was rushed by the fans.

When you think it'd happen again? I know they got rules against it, but I was watchin a game a coupla weeks ago and the fans were on the field while they were trying to interview the coach... so it still happens, rules or not... I'd like to think it might happen if the Vols beat Bama at home next year. I know its unlikely they'd win, but if they do, I could see the goalposts coming down again....
(EDIT) game I saw fans on field was PAC 12 game I think, not SEC, but like I said b4. Rules or not if everyone decided to all rush at once I doubt they'd stop it, in the case of a win as big as maybe beating a highly ranked Bama or something...

Last edited:
When you think it'd happen again? I know they got rules against it, but I was watchin a game a coupla weeks ago and the fans were on the field while they were trying to interview the coach... so it still happens, rules or not... I'd like to think it might happen if the Vols beat Bama at home next year. I know its unlikely they'd win, but if they do, I could see the goalposts coming down again....
(EDIT) game I saw fans on field was PAC 12 game I think, not SEC, but like I said b4. Rules or not if everyone decided to all rush at once I doubt they'd stop it, in the case of a win as big as maybe beating a highly ranked Bama or something...
If we beat Bama next year rules will be broken.

I agree that it would be against one of our rivals, while they are highly ranked. I was at the Georgia game this year, and I fully believe with how much energy was in that stadium, that if we pulled that off, the fans would have rushed the field. You could just sense the buildup, and that we were all ready to unleash the frustrations of the last 5 years.

I agree that it would be against one of our rivals, while they are highly ranked. I was at the Georgia game this year, and I fully believe with how much energy was in that stadium, that if we pulled that off, the fans would have rushed the field. You could just sense the buildup, and that we were all ready to unleash the frustrations of the last 5 years.

I got the same feeling that many would have tried to rush the field if we had won the UGA game. I am fairly certain it would have happened with an OT win.

The '98 Florida game is the winner for me as well. I was in the opposite end zone from the last Florida kick. I swear I thought he made it. The place went absolutely nuts. The onslaught of people on the field (and the damage caused) completely changed the rules of the game concerning fans getting on the field, though. We'll never see that scene again.

The '98 Florida game is the winner for me as well. I was in the opposite end zone from the last Florida kick. I swear I thought he made it. The place went absolutely nuts. The onslaught of people on the field (and the damage caused) completely changed the rules of the game concerning fans getting on the field, though. We'll never see that scene again.

That place definitely went nuts when that kick went wide left! We ran around on the field for at least 45 minutes like little kids in a candy store.

From my friend columnist, Warner Agee, in Dyersburg:
Mosley played basketball Monday night in Dyersburg and told my source directly that Mosely is confused and doesn't know what he wants to do.
Warner's source believes that another school may have entered into the picture…Cow College.

From my friend columnist, Warner Agee, in Dyersburg:Warner's source believes that another school may have entered into the picture…Cow College.

Oh wow big surprise. If you guys don't believe this is a slow play now then I don't know what to say. But but bama wants him. Bu!! Sh!t. Seriously believe he would consider MSU over bama and ut? Or just maybe he was providing said reporter with a curve ball to get him off his back.

VN Store

Back