'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Booooooooooooom

It's almost turkey day!

slide_325242_3114055_free.gif

This should be the day that Mosley commits to UT. Possibility he might wait until Monday morning but today would be better. JMO
Man, I hope so. He and Malone are two of my favorites in this recruiting class. Right now, we are way undersized at DT, among our list of commits. So, he'd be a VERY welcome addition.

someone asked him on twitter in a rebellious manner? why would anyone defy him?

It was a Da'Rick Rogers joke.

Edit: just realized it said defiantly instead of definitely. My bad. Lol

Last edited:
Man, I hope so. He and Malone are two of my favorites in this recruiting class. Right now, we are way undersized at DT, among our list of commits. So, he'd be a VERY welcome addition.

Yeh since none of our D Line commits will gain another pound. We have had a 350 pound DT there the past two yrs and there's tons of 295-300lb DTs in CFB that stuff the run better.

Been there done that...check out "The Program"...best college FB movie

Your sarcasm meter needs recalibration. :)

I believe we gonna whup UK.

Some of the game and crowd footage for the movie was shot before and at halftime of the Tennessee-South Carolina game at Williams Brice Stadium in 1992.

Yeh since none of our D Line commits will gain another pound. We have had a 350 pound DT there the past two yrs and there's tons of 295-300lb DTs in CFB that stuff the run better.

Not one of Florida's DTs are over 310 but theirs is obviously better.

I swear, Dooley left this belief that you need to have gargantuan DL to be successful.

Reactions: 2 people
Not one of Florida's DTs are over 310 but theirs is obviously better.

I swear, Dooley left this belief that you need to have gargantuan DL to be successful.

Dooley was recruiting for the 3-4 and bigger DTs (nose guards) are critical in a 3-4.

Dooley was recruiting for the 3-4 and bigger DTs (nose guards) are critical in a 3-4.

I know that. I also know that's what Bama runs. But besides them and LSU, there aren't many super-sized DLs in the SEC. Yet people on here are still obsessed with 330+ lbs DL that exist just to eat space.

I still stand by my belief that if he wasn't from Tennessee people on here wouldn't care where he goes.

I know that. I also know that's what Bama runs. But besides them and LSU, there aren't many super-sized DLs in the SEC.

I agree. It seems Butch does too as he seems to be recruiting the smaller, more athletic DLs. Except for Mosley that is. I can't believe we're referring to 280-300 lb linemen as smaller.

I agree. It seems Butch does too as he seems to be recruiting the smaller, more athletic DLs. Except for Mosley that is. I can't believe we're referring to 280-300 lb linemen as smaller.
VQ indicated recently that he's probably being recruited more as an OL than a DL.

VQ indicated recently that he's probably being recruited more as an OL than a DL.

I figured that was the case but I would say they get him here and see how he progresses athletically and put him where he will make the most difference.

The Titans we smallish on the DL the past few years, and they made some moves in Free Agency to get MUCH BIGGER across the entire DL....but especially at DT. They brought in Sammie Hill and A. Johnson....both BIG body DT's...mainly to help on running downs. It's helped change their defensive tremendously.

BIG DT's can impact the LOS, cause you typically can't move those kind of guys. There are some guys who are slow off the line, no matter if they are big are small. Just because McCullers hasn't dominated (lot of it is individual drive) like we thought he would, it doesn't discount the value of having big DT's in the trenches.

LSU has had those types in the past, too. Bugger McFarland and Glen Dorsey are just two of them.

Dorsey and McFarland both played around 290.

Since about 2007, lsu has only signed 3 DTs over 300lbs and they have signed 10 DTs over that time period. None of them were over 315. IMO and from what I saw of McCullers this year, 350lb DTs are in no way a must have. Teams with speed on offense will exploit a massive DT as it is very easy to just run away from him.

VN Store

Back