'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Dorsey and McFarland both played around 290.
Funny you would just cherry pick the one you want to try and discount my argument. Dorsey was about 320lbs and a 1st Rd pick. Nice try though, Slick.

McFarland's NFL draft profile had him listed at 6'0" 300lbs. Jurrell Casey of the Titans is a BIG body DT, too...but because he's only 6'1" he's actually a thick 300lbs. It's just like a 6'0" RB at 200lbs is rather thin. But a 5'9" RB at 200lbs is usually pretty bulked up.

Carson is a good example of people assuming BIG = no talent or not good. If you aren't that talented, it doesn't matter. But assuming one has no talent because of size is :loco:

Since about 2007, lsu has only signed 3 DTs over 300lbs and they have signed 10 DTs over that time period. None of them were over 315. IMO and from what I saw of McCullers this year, 350lb DTs are in no way a must have. Teams with speed on offense will exploit a massive DT as it is very easy to just run away from him.
It's hard to find DT's at that size. UGA also had a pair of BIG DT's last year as well.

Funny you would just cherry pick the one you want to try and discount my argument. Dorsey was about 320lbs and a 1st Rd pick. Nice try though, Slick.

McFarland's NFL draft profile had him listed at 6'0" 300lbs. Jurrell Casey of the Titans is a BIG body DT, too...but because he's only 6'1" he's actually a thick 300lbs. It's just like a 6'0" RB at 200lbs is rather thin. But a 5'9" RB at 200lbs is usually pretty bulked up.

Carson is a good example of people assuming BIG = no talent or not good. If you aren't that talented, it doesn't matter. But assuming one has no talent because of size is :loco:

I'm more about having speed inside and a big SDE. I'm thinking this staff is thinking the same way. If you put a 270-280 SDE with a 290 DT and 300 NT you can move pretty well inside and out. You see our staff getting the hybrids like Vickers, Brown, Mixon, Carr, Barnett, Lambert, and Thomas. I'm thinking this staff is wanting to go oversized at SDE, and undersized at DT and NT. I expect from here on out to see a SDE at 270 a DT at 285-295 and a NT at 290-305 in our line up, especially on passing downs. I think Mosley is still key though for one reason, 3rd and short we need a gap stopper, and on goal line and special teams we also need a big gap stopper. Having a 330 LB NT isnt necessary for short yardage situations and on special teams, but I do think it helps. It's never bad to have great options, and Mosley brings just that for us.

Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul 1m
Just talked to @BigCharless and he told me he's announcing a decision this Friday. He'll be at the Mr Football banquet tomorrow.

"He says he will make an announcement on Friday. He says this is his legit announcement."

-Fort

Butch gave him the green light. Go f'ing Vols

Reactions: 5 people
I hope this is incorrect but I feel that he is going to commit on Friday because we wiff on Malone. Which will feel extremely bad for any vol fan who has been watching this Malone for the last few months. Butch plans his decisions and that may be correct even though I hope it's false

I hope this is incorrect but I feel that he is going to commit on Friday because we wiff on Malone. Which will feel extremely bad for any vol fan who has been watching this Malone for the last few months. Butch plans his decisions and that may be correct even though I hope it's false

or it could be that the dead period is around the corner and we need to get this out of the way

Not connected at all

You mean it's funny that I would pick the only two college tackles you named? And Dorsey weighted 297 at the combine. So try to get your facts straight.

No.

Mr Butch Jones, please build this wall...Big Charles and Josh Malone come on down. #ownthestate, #team118thereturn, #suckitrednecks

Mosley sets his commit date on the same day that Booth decommits. Maybe Mosley was being put on hold until one of our guys found a new home. Butch couldve told Mosley to hang on until Booth explored his options. Sounds to me like Booth leaving was the greenlight for Mosley

I also posted this in the Booth thread, but I thought it would get flooded in there and wouldnt get yalls insight on it

Mosley sets his commit date on the same day that Booth decommits. Maybe Mosley was being put on hold until one of our guys found a new home. Butch couldve told Mosley to hang on until Booth explored his options. Sounds to me like Booth leaving was the greenlight for Mosley

I also posted this in the Booth thread, but I thought it would get flooded in there and wouldnt get yalls insight on it

I agree Mosley has finally been given the all clear sign.

Not sure booth has anything to do with it though

That makes sense. Better get ready for a week of BOOMs.
Malone and Mosley
:dance2::rock:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back