'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

“I think it’s huge when you factor in the success Vandy’s having on the field, and I think it’s never been more important to recruit well in the state than it is right now, because I don’t think the state has ever been this top-heavy and this talented at the top,” Simmons said.

“I think for Butch Jones to come in and sort of reassert himself in a state that Tennessee was starting to lose a grip on to Vanderbilt, with the way they’ve surged — and the way a lot of other programs have come in and started to make Tennessee a priority — I think it’s immeasurable that they’re getting back to where they need to be to win the state year in, year out. And this is definitely a real foundation class, I think, for them to be able to do that.”

“He’s a long way from being a finished product, but he’s really talented,” Simmons said of Mosley. “His body is actually, I think, his biggest strength. He probably needs to move some weight around, but he’s pretty well-proportioned for a kid as big as he is. I think that’s really, probably his biggest strength.

“He’s got big, tree-trunk legs and a barrel chest. He’s just rock-solid up and down. He’s not a real fat kid, even as big as he is. I think that’s a real strength. He’s pretty athletic, particularly in short space.

"But he’s a kid that I think — this is going to sound weird, because he’s just so big — but he’s got to get a lot stronger. For a kid his size, he just doesn’t have the strength that he has to have right now to compete in the battles he’s going to have to compete in. He’s not a kid I would expect to see early on. He’s more of a kid who, I think, a couple years down the road is going to be able to develop into a real force. But once the light turns on and once he really falls in love with the weight room, that’s when the sky becomes the limit for him.”

- 247 (Barton Simmons)

And late, but boom!

victory.gif

Reactions: 2 people
VOL!

:run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run:

I see your BOOM is as big as mine! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVatNQr-GM[/youtube]

Attachments

• Explosion_mushroom_shaped.gif
    Explosion_mushroom_shaped.gif
    3 MB · Views: 332
  • KP-American.gif
    KP-American.gif
    953.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DID-I-DANCE-THAT-GIF-URKEL-01-1331063486.gif
    DID-I-DANCE-THAT-GIF-URKEL-01-1331063486.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 334
Reactions: 1 person
The difference IMO is someone who is country strong has much stronger core and supporting muscles than someone that just lifts weights. Lifting weights targets specific muscle groups, but farm work gets everything strong. More functional strength.

Reactions: 3 people
Dang man you must be a real city slicker to not know what country strong is.

"It's a person who is naturally strong from eating such things as beans, alot of meat and cornbread working outside on the farm and is generally a big strong guy naturally."

I know what the phrase is referring to. I just think it's funny people try to compare the strengths. He's probably naturally strong like most D-1 prospects, but he like 99% of college bound football players, will need to spend a lot of time in the weightroom too.

Hey, random question and I'm sorry this doesn't belong on Mosley's thread, but does a walkon put on scholarship count towards a recruiting class? Or just to the 85 total?

VN Store

Back