'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Holy tits yesterday somebody wanted to move 6'4 240 pound Creamer to corner & now this guy wants 6'6 350 pound Mosley at defensive end.

Let's all take a moment to thank the good Lord that they're not in any way shape or form connected to our coaching staff.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm saying he COULD play DE if he got down to about 300. There have been 290-300 lb DE in the NFL. One very close to home. Sean Ellis was a 300 lb DE. Look, if you're fast, that makes up for quite a lot. Since he weighs so much already, LT/RT or NT pretty much is where he'll be.

Sean Ellis was a DE in a 3-4. DEs in a 3-4 are much bigger than DEs in a 4-3. We run primarily 4 man fronts, so I would be shocked to see a DE much bigger than 280ish. Also 300 is a far cry from 350.

IMO this kid could be a great 1 technique DT.

Mosley will probably trim up a bit once he gets on campus. Our training staff got Big Dan down to 350, so I bet they get Mosley down between 315-325 in a year or two.

That's still tackle size on either side of the ball I'd say.

Mosley will probably trim up a bit once he gets on campus. Our training staff got Big Dan down to 350, so I bet they get Mosley down between 315-325 in a year or two.

That's still tackle size on either side of the ball I'd say.

Tackle on D, guard on O.

Tackle on D, guard on O.

His size is why I don't think he ends up on O. Mosley is athletic, but I don't think he fits the mold out staff wants on offense (especially from a guard).

I think Jashon Robertson moves to guard and Mosley stays put on D. That would give us 2 true freshmen who are true DTs (Mosley and Sawyers) and 2 who are true SDEs (Barnett and Hendrix). We wouldn't have to worry so much about trying to grow one I the latter into a DT that way.

Hey Bro! I mentioned DT. Go back and read. But hey Bro! That's more like an OT than a DT. A DT is more like 6'0-6'2 280-290.

Are you kidding man?

Dan Williams 327
Justin Harrell 305
Fred Okam 340
Dan McCullers 350-380
Cam Thomas 330
Cory Liuget 320
Vince Wilfork 350
Jamal Williams 350

Sean Ellis was a DE in a 3-4. DEs in a 3-4 are much bigger than DEs in a 4-3. We run primarily 4 man fronts, so I would be shocked to see a DE much bigger than 280ish. Also 300 is a far cry from 350.

Somebody finally forced me to say it...Shaun
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Mosley is a DT ALL day. Period.

Is Charles going to unseat Vereen or Hendrix in the future at DE? lol no....

Charles will trim down to 330-340, I would imagine. But he's a DT all the way.

That's like saying "throw Terrence Knighton in there at Tackle and let him do work" lol

Speed rusher would dip him and be by him in half a second :lol:

The guy obviously has no clue. Not even worth explaining football to him.

330-340 would be a great weight for Mosley.. The talk of him somehow slimming down 50 pounds is silly and the move to DE took the cake.. I guess he's supposed to get down to a 4.6 forty during that weight loss..

Maybe on a video game..

After sifting through this thread and reading some of the comments from a certain poster, could someone post one or multiple "mind blown" gifs? TIA. :crazy:

I'm saying he COULD play DE if he got down to about 300. There have been 290-300 lb DE in the NFL. One very close to home. Sean Ellis was a 300 lb DE. Look, if you're fast, that makes up for quite a lot. Since he weighs so much already, LT/RT or NT pretty much is where he'll be.
Do you even lift, bro?? LOL!!!!

If he can lose 40-60 pounds. He'd be exactly like Reggie White. Reggie is my favorite player period! I would love to have a Dline plug like that

Reggie White ran like a 4.7 forty.. Even if Mosley were to lose that much it's not as if he'd be coming in with a forty like that.. Gonna be a good DT for us in the coming years.. But the Reggie White comparison is reaching for the stars just a tad

Reggie White ran like a 4.7 forty.. Even if Mosley were to lose that much it's not as if he'd be coming in with a forty like that.. Gonna be a good DT for us in the coming years.. But the Reggie White comparison is reaching for the stars just a tad

40-60 pounds is a lot of weight. He might also gain a lot of speed. Can only dream. :). Reggie White was 6'5" and 291. Mosley is 6'6" at 350. Mosleys apparently very athletic for his size. I'd love to see big Charles run!

Last edited:
40-60 pounds is a lot of weight. He might also gain a lot of speed. Can only dream. :). Reggie White was 6'5" and 291. Mosley is 6'6" at 350. Mosleys apparently very athletic for his size. I'd love to see big Charles run!

That's why they make video games my friend.. He'll def. be a good one for us tho!

Can agree to that one. Mosley can play DE in certain situations. It'd be a running situation though.

True. It's nice to have the DL talent in this class coming in that we do.. "It starts up front" and CBJ addressed that nice and ear-leeeee

VN Store

Back