'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

No way he drops 40 lbs like he needs too though. Sawyers and Barnett..even Robertson will give us better depth where Big Charles can get into shape

Very true. But we'll see what he can do at 10 lbs above instead of waaaay above.

Is sawyers moved in? Forgot about him somehow. I'm fine with a redshirt for 70-30 Chuck.

Just shows how important this class (every class) is.

Very true. But we'll see what he can do at 10 lbs above instead of waaaay above.

Is sawyers moved in? Forgot about him somehow. I'm fine with a redshirt for 70-30 Chuck.

Just shows how important this class (every class) is.

Everyone is in but Weatherd now.

Agreed. '15 class needs a QB something awful, but top 10 class

Reactions: 1 person
Official Football Roster - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Listed at 362 lbs on the team's website. Probably needs to drop 30-40 lbs to be in game shape.

We have Owen Williams, O'Brien, and Saulsberry as our primary DTs. Jancek likes to slide in Jordan Williams on the interior to free up Vereen and Maggitt on the outside. Not much depth, but Sawyers and Barnett will see time before Mosley, IMO.

I agree with Wu. I think he ultimately redshirts.

Listed at 362 lbs on the team's website. Probably needs to drop 30-40 lbs to be in game shape.

We have Owen Williams, O'Brien, and Saulsberry as our primary DTs. Jancek likes to slide in Jordan Williams on the interior to free up Vereen and Maggitt on the outside. Not much depth, but Sawyers and Barnett will see time before Mosley, IMO.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the weights on the roster are inaccurate at the moment. If you look at the snippets 247 has done on the kids who've shown up over the last week or so, almost all of them listed different weights than the roster. Bates was listed at 213 (his senior playing weight) and Henderson at 220 or so (he's claimed to be up to 240-245). Mosley said he was around 340-345, which is still too heavy unless to play much unless they want to plug him into some goal line or FG block packages, but it's closer to where he needs to be.

I honestly don't know what to expect as far as who gets redshirts. However, since the coaches aren't sure where they want to use him apparently, I do agree that Mosley could very likely redshirt.

Robertson is my pick for a dark horse to crack the rotation at DT FWIW. We'll probably see at least 1 of our uplerclassmen DTs get banged up at some point, so there will be an opportunity for 2-3 of Mixon, Barnett (if he plays DT), Sawyers, Robertson, and Mosley to see snaps.

I'm just ready for fall camp to start so we can start to get an idea of who we can expect to see this fall.

Jordan made a comment to me at the spring game that made it sound like he would be sliding inside to DT full time. I may have interpreted his comment incorrectly, but that sure was what it sounded like.

Jordan made a comment to me at the spring game that made it sound like he would be sliding inside to DT full time. I may have interpreted his comment incorrectly, but that sure was what it sounded like.

I think what he was saying is that he slides inside in the nickel package...which we'll play 50%+ of snaps in this year

Sawyers and Roberson would probably see time as freshmen first, unless it was third and short toward the end of the game when the 2 deep is gassed and they needed a giant plug.

Mosley is closer to 380 right now than 360. Ways to go to drip weight, and that's fine. He'll contribute down the road

Mosley is closer to 380 right now than 360. Ways to go to drip weight, and that's fine. He'll contribute down the road

Not trying to be snooty about it, but do you have a source for that?

He told 247 last week that he was closer to 340 and I don't think he looks like 380 for a guy that's 6'5.

Reactions: 2 people
Not trying to be snooty about it, but do you have a source for that?

He told 247 last week that he was closer to 340 and I don't think he looks like 380 for a guy that's 6'5.
Same guy that said Pig would be back, Brown and Carr transferring, and Ferg leaving said he actually checked in at 378, 40 lbs over his target weight

Fwiw

Same guy that said Pig would be back, Brown and Carr transferring, and Ferg leaving said he actually checked in at 378, 40 lbs over his target weight

Fwiw

Damn, if that's the case then that is not a good sign for Mosley's future. If he'd really been at 340, he wouldn't have been too far from being near a good playing weight.

Checking in at 378 just makes it sound like he made no effort to at least stay in shape over the spring.

Damn, if that's the case then that is not a good sign for Mosley's future. If he'd really been at 340, he wouldn't have been too far from being near a good playing weight.

Checking in at 378 just makes it sound like he made no effort to at least stay in shape over the spring.

Well we have no idea what his true weight is, it may be somewhere in between. We may not know what he did over the spring. All we know is Dave Lawson, at the very least, will whip him into shape. He'll likely need a redshirt year though

Ain't buying that BS heresay. Not with the amount the staff has stressed conditioning. These coaches stay in constant contact with them, even give them workout plans and such. He said in an interview that he worked out with another incoming player (can't remember if it was Sawyers or Barnett). And he joked in the interview that the coaches told him to run, run, run and then run some more....every time they talked to him.

Cannot fathom that he would just blow them off and pack on more bad weight. Not with the DT spot being such a critical position of need for the incoming freshmen.

Ain't buying that BS heresay. Not with the amount the staff has stressed conditioning. These coaches stay in constant contact with them, even give them workout plans and such. He said in an interview that he worked out with another incoming player (can't remember if it was Sawyers or Barnett). And he joked in the interview that the coaches told him to run, run, run and then run some more....every time they talked to him.

Cannot fathom that he would just blow them off and pack on more bad weight. Not with the DT spot being such a critical position of need for the incoming freshmen.
You don't have to believe it, but he's yet to have been wrong

this is mostly wishful thinking. while we all agree on the wishes, if he's out of shape, he's got some catching up to do.

I thought there was a current photo of Mosley that had been posted somewhere recently where it looked like he had lost quite a bit of weight. Anyone remember seeing it?

I've seen Charles more than a few times since his arrival and I can say he's a very large human being. Never was good at those "guess the weight" games at the carnival, but if I had to guess it would be 355.

I've seen Charles more than a few times since his arrival and I can say he's a very large human being. Never was good at those "guess the weight" games at the carnival, but if I had to guess it would be 355.

just practice on your lady. she won't care.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back